Jack Monroe #271 David Cameron does far more charity work than Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand the constant tips! There’s more of us, and I’ve had building work going on for over a year - still never had a skip. She’s had no building work, so what can’t be reused or recycled? I’ve even had people collect scraps of wood, I’ve managed to get everything I’ve taken out reused. Skip contents go in landfills, no?
Just shows how little she cares for the environment.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think Jack in a skip was my favourite chaos and I will watch the sequel with interest, though not so much interest that it diverts me from the missing £10,000+.
Mine was when she came home to a For Sale sign up, and rather than call the landlord she went and got an axe..
Only to then find out it had just been put up at the wrong address 💀 💀 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Response received from the Fundraising Regulator confirming that concerns should be taken up with Charity Commission and Action Fraud, both of whom I’ve already contacted

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Response received from the Fundraising Regulator confirming that concerns should be taken up with Charity Commission and Action Fraud, both of whom I’ve already contacted
Oh cheers. I hadn't done the Charity Commission. I'll get on to them later on.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Personally I wouldn't go with Google earth I just triangulated my mum's house and the car outside was her husband's old one from before they were married. They have been married sixteen years this September. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome. I am normally a lurker but you all seem really kind and warm and smart, I am so glad I reached out.
FYI I started watching "The Dropout" theme seems to be a delude scammer in case anyone is interested. It's on the Disney channel and has Amanda Seyfried in it.
👋 hi, so good to see you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Personally I wouldn't go with Google earth I just triangulated my mum's house and the car outside was her husband's old one from before they were married. They have been married sixteen years this September. 🤣
Very true! Map is a couple of years out here. Although in 18 years we've never yet needed a skip, but if we do I'm going to google map that for sure 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's allowed communal skips on drives, a business from home, to paint the kitchen and put up shelves, renovate the shed (and install a sodding hob) have multiple pets, rip up the kitchen floor, apparently not pay the rent and completely slate the landlord and the property on social media.
She is not allowed to have overnight guests though. Makes perfect sense! 🤣
Sorry me again. Does having a skip (if true) mean she might be moving/on the run/moonlight flit?
Insert *who bleeping knows* gif.
Rubs hands with glee aka annoyed previous landlord appears again on Twitter...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Could the greasy fish paste pics of yester threads be the start of a new piscean eyed culinary enterprise? I'm sensing here: SkipJack tuna

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Mine was when she came home to a For Sale sign up, and rather than call the landlord she went and got an axe..
Only to then find out it had just been put up at the wrong address 💀 💀 💀
This is my favourite too. And her axe was actually a rusty old saw 💀 Funny how she never posted a photo of the for sale board on the ground 😭💀

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack Monroe, have you given the £10k of other people's money to Trussell Trust yet?

Transparency is your thing, and forensic detail of course. So please let us know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Thanks, I hadn’t heard back so I’ll go charity commission as I had already done action fraud

Reactions: 29
I don’t understand the constant tips! There’s more of us, and I’ve had building work going on for over a year - still never had a skip. She’s had no building work, so what can’t be reused or recycled? I’ve even had people collect scraps of wood, I’ve managed to get everything I’ve taken out reused. Skip contents go in landfills, no?
+1, we’ve renovated an entire house and had one small skip in that time and even that was filled 3 times over by the firm doing our bathroom with other customer’s stuff cos professional skip divers took every suite that went in it p much. People have made use of our old carpets and underlay, old bathroom suite, rugs, door knobs, taps, excess building materials, etc etc. There are super active no buy communities on Facebook, or even on Facebook marketplace itself. I’ve even just put bits out on our drive with a sign and a QR code to donate to a local food bank if you can and found the items useful and stuff gets taken in hours, I walked past someone else who did the same this morning! It’s really odd that she doesn’t choose to make use of these things, it’s like she’s living in a compound with no connection to outside society except Twitter and the John Lewis app.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.