Jack Monroe #271 David Cameron does far more charity work than Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I had to have someone gently, softly, slowly carrying me to bed once I'd spent 10 minutes triangulating the house. It really took it out of me 🥺
In the kitchen photo there's 2 people outside, one wearing a cap!
ETA - Now I see 3 people...am I just seeing things now? 😂
View attachment 1139674
Definitely Leo DiCaprio on the right. Looks like a beatnik happening
Good spot!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don’t understand the constant tips! There’s more of us, and I’ve had building work going on for over a year - still never had a skip. She’s had no building work, so what can’t be reused or recycled? I’ve even had people collect scraps of wood, I’ve managed to get everything I’ve taken out reused. Skip contents go in landfills, no?
She doesn’t take care of anything and has her frequent half-baked craft/DIY ideas, so a lot of the stuff may well be unfit for reuse/recycling.

It’s pure speculation not an accusation m’lud but I wonder if anything from the garage/shed will be buried at the bottom…

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Sorry me again. Does having a skip (if true) mean she might be moving/on the run/moonlight flit?
Insert *who bleeping knows* gif.
Rubs hands with glee aka annoyed previous landlord appears again on Twitter...
No, Jack and skips is a regular thing, on account of the overflowing flea market that she lives in.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The only time I can remember seeing skips out front someone’s house is when either the house or garden are being completely renovated. Most people just don’t accumulate enough stuff to justify a regular skip on the driveway.
In places I’ve stayed, any skip would have been emptied by passers by looking to sell/reuse whatever was in there 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Any threads from Dec 19 to Feb 20 are peak car crash. The whole Xmas buildup with the tit £5 menu with peelings and scraps for the vegan, lard gravy and chainsaw pud. Then Covid struck! Followed by a massive carryon in January where we were doing a thread a day as she kicked off about everything - Free School Meals and not getting Self Employed cash from the government
Has anyone mentioned the onion police ?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
And even worse Jack cooking it :sick:
Imagine if you had never tried one of Jack's dishes? So you're there thinking "ooooh a professional cook, what a treat! I'll ask for pesto, it's my favourite" and you get a pot of botulism-infused green sludge made from out of date lettuce and the oil drained from a tin of sardines.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
she's been buying again. very convenient, that everything £1 bookshop and pals to chip in

20220321_140751.jpg

20220321_140803.jpg

20220321_140814.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
+1, we’ve renovated an entire house and had one small skip in that time and even that was filled 3 times over by the firm doing our bathroom with other customer’s stuff cos professional skip divers took every suite that went in it p much. People have made use of our old carpets and underlay, old bathroom suite, rugs, door knobs, taps, excess building materials, etc etc. There are super active no buy communities on Facebook, or even on Facebook marketplace itself. I’ve even just put bits out on our drive with a sign and a QR code to donate to a local food bank if you can and found the items useful and stuff gets taken in hours, I walked past someone else who did the same this morning! It’s really odd that she doesn’t choose to make use of these things, it’s like she’s living in a compound with no connection to outside society except Twitter and the John Lewis app.
We've had a couple of skips and the shite people take from it will always astound me. Rubble, dirt and especially metal (although that bit doesn't surprise me!) We're only in a small village and don't have a great deal of people passing our door, but anything I put out always goes. Manky old rabbit hutch with holes in it, dolls with scribbles on them , literally everything. Why doesn't she just put all her old tat on the driveway and wait for it to go?
Maybe it's another mystery clause in the lease?

Reactions: 29
She’ll never even look at those books again. Also love that she’s making out she can’t afford to buy all of them. So poor.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Were any the fraus at the "posh food festival" where Jack was "horribly laughed at"? I'd love to hear more about that- sounds ace.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I was googling there to see if there is any footage of Jack being horribly laughed at, at a posh food festival and found this.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 14.20.22.png

Sound the Scottish Jack klaxon.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm looking at the squig's drawing of the National Treasure. It's not even a drawing! It's a print out of a photo scanned in to Photoshop and then altered using the "pencil drawing" effect filter

The stitches on the woolly jumper are a giveaway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.