Jack Monroe #271 David Cameron does far more charity work than Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to worry Jack, its nearly Patreon payday soon and your paypigs will be coughing up for your next haul of spooooons and tat. As if she made up imaginary friends to explain why she spent £25 on books (and I bet they cost loads more).

If I had £2.5k a month to spend on myself I sure as hell wouldn't be buying the rubbish she does! Just goes to show money doesn't buy class.

It wouldn't surprise me if she turned it into an AA group meeting at a cottage in Norfolk for some more attention and being crass online.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Can someone please 🥺 think of the poor lamb with the under represented estuaries accent 🥺. Bravery than our yomping troops in her struggle when the media has such poor representation from London and SE England 🥺
And when the media does bother to include ppl they’re so shady, the news is always subtitling people from Scotland/Wales/the north! Like come on now, we knew what they were saying 😒

Can’t imagine she spends much time speaking to anyone not born in SS1 or directly related to her so won’t understand what it’s like for people outside 🥺the most deprived borough in the country🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m amused by the “we don’t all have the luxury of having gone to La Cordon Bleu”, as if our smol pixie was kept out in the cold, nose pressed against the window of the the exclusive cookery school while inside the pupils learned the correct pronunciation of sauté. Of course she’s ignoring the fact that most professional chefs in this country either went to catering college or learned in the job (like That Man), and didn’t go to the cooking equivalent of Eton.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Sauté doesn't even mean ‘cook gently on low heat, stirring every now + then’ - it means quite the opposite. Perhaps the audience wasn't, in fact, laughing at her pronunciation?

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 15.10.43.png

• Haha
Reactions: 95
Anyone checked ebay for a recently sold complete set of Cordon Bleu cook books? (My puppy brain doesn't know how to search recently sold)

ETA: her recipes are some of the most over-written I've ever read, when I've cooked with them in the past I often have to re-read to make sure I've got it right. Of course her forgetting ingredients in the method doesn't help but...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I believe the air b&b was home to a smol pixie on her own at the weekend.
Also has anyone checked eBay for cook books?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Were any the fraus at the "posh food festival" where Jack was "horribly laughed at"? I'd love to hear more about that- sounds ace.
(I was once behind the scenes at a food festival 🔺 when Gino D'Acampo threw a brilliant hissy fit over having a halogen cooker, but that's a story for another time)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
And when the media does bother to include ppl they’re so shady, the news is always subtitling people from Scotland/Wales/the north! Like come on now, we knew what they were saying 😒

Can’t imagine she spends much time speaking to anyone not born in SS1 or directly related to her so won’t understand what it’s like for people outside 🥺the most deprived borough in the country🥺
Side note- subtitling strong accents used to bug me, but friends who have English as an additional language really need it, they don’t have the first clue what’s being said. I’ve also noticed it used on deep south USA accents and it was helpful...

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Anyone checked ebay for a recently sold complete set of Cordon Bleu cook books? (My puppy brain doesn't know how to search recently sold)

ETA: her recipes are some of the most over-written I've ever read, when I've cooked with them in the past I often have to re-read to make sure I've got it right. Of course her forgetting ingredients in the method doesn't help but...
Quoting myself like a knob, but these sold on 2nd march (too long ago? The est delivery might fit?)

Screenshot_20220321-151508.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85

The two most recent ones of complete sets I can find are Dec 2021 and Jan 2022. Both went for about £25. There are partial sets and individual copies listed but thats the only two full ones I can find.

ETA: I see @Cucumberthunder has found a more recent set.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Jack definitely bought them on eBay. No way did they come from an imaginary shop with her imaginary friends who she never so much as has a photo taken with.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Nope (one full set sold today but she wouldn't have received them yet). But if she HAD thought of ebay she could have saved herself a tenner lols.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 15.18.51.png

ETA obviously my ebay search skills aren't as advanced as CucumberThunder's! Missed that one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Lol what accent does she have other than posh mouse? That’s how I’d say sauté and am reasonably well spoken tbh (also used to say traaazers but this thread has put a stop to that). No one laughs at south eastern accents idk why she’s pretending this is remotely a thing? Go flick through your tv channels or the Netflix top 10 now there will be loads of us??? You don’t get booked on tv cos you’re tit at it and ur food is liquid, it’s nothing to do with your voice!
An easy way for Jack to remember it - sauté sounds a bit like sortée (That's French for She LEFT, fact fans).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Jack definitely bought them on eBay. No way did they come from an imaginary shop with her imaginary friends who she never so much as has a photo taken with.
Agree. We have a lot of little ‘libraries’ up here in the ‘north country’ and people don’t tend to ask for money or donations. It’s just people wanting to recycle books.

ETA Jack has just held on to them as she knew this trip was coming up. Pure conjecture on my part of course m’lud.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It does seem a bit bloody unlikely that someone would dump something so large and so niche on a provincial railway station book drop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Aw I found the ebay listing too late! Either way, she already owns ALL the cookbooks and still can’t cook. Doubt these will make any difference.
Hey lads, remember the cold noodles with the uncooked egg and the brown weetabix thing? The brown thing was fish.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.