Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So has she got a block of jaggery in the cupboard or did she give it away? Or am I reading this wrong?
I think she was simply getting a semi-truth and a white lie mixed up here and forgot what she’d literally just typed.

I went to a very nice vegetarian Indian restaurant at the weekend. One of the Gujarati dishes on the menu had jaggery in; I must admit I’d never heard of it before then.
so Jack, if you’re still reading here, and if you actually do have some leftover jaggery, here’s the details of the dish. I suppose you could change it round and have a tin of tomatoes with a pinch of cumin (they’ve been vague in their description of the spices so it seems only fair) and just add the jaggery for a similar taste.
*Kaju Karela (V) (N)
Crunchy fried bitter gourd tossed with jaggery, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and special spices

ETA: I tried my hardest to put the curry chat under a spoiler. Didn’t work. Sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I feel like those of you who actually read her BS, unlike us who have her and any words related to her muted, should get danger money, frankly.
I just reread her tweet about being stuck in a massive house. 'I'm by no means the worst off but...'.

During her parliamentary testimony she told them that she ends up curled up in bed because the cold gets into her joints and can't get out again. Then pauses. 'I'm 33'.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
OMG! Jack's dad is going to explode with the laughter when he hears about these little discoveries. I won't lie I'm taking a big flight in the old ROFLcopter myself!!!!! You know how you get gold food spray to enrage a corner of the internet? Well you can also get spray in bronze and silver!!!!!!!! Call me an ambulance. You could so have a competition with three levels of trifle - gold for the winner like in the Olympics.

View attachment 1123622View attachment 1123623
Gyou could have competition trifle with those and you have to eat a separately sprayed layer of gold, silver and bronze depending on how cool you are. I tell ya she will be the talk of the prairie.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Her website: low view count, poor functionality, ranks low on Google, yet costs millions and billions of pounds pls tip

Our website: high view count, gr8 functionality, ranks v high on Google, should run on just air there cannot be any costs incurred there at all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I think she was simply getting a semi-truth and a white lie mixed up here and forgot what she’d literally just typed.

I went to a very nice vegetarian Indian restaurant at the weekend. One of the Gujarati dishes on the menu had jaggery in; I must admit I’d never heard of it before then.
so Jack, if you’re still reading here, and if you actually do have some leftover jaggery, here’s the details of the dish. I suppose you could change it round and have a tin of tomatoes with a pinch of cumin (they’ve been vague in their description of the spices so it seems only fair) and just add the jaggery for a similar taste.
*Kaju Karela (V) (N)
Crunchy fried bitter gourd tossed with jaggery, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and special spices

ETA: I tried my hardest to put the curry chat under a spoiler. Didn’t work. Sorry.
her besties over at Saturday Kitchen have a few recipes using jaggery on their functional website . Which reminds me, sir Matt has a photo of him looking incredibly cheeky and flashing a bit of forearm from Celebration kitchen this weekend . Although I’m not sure that’s a really cooking show anymore- 3 top chefs preparing food for Holi and not one of them were making a chickpea and peach curry !

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Her website: low view count, poor functionality, ranks low on Google, yet costs millions and billions of pounds pls tip

Our website: high view count, gr8 functionality, ranks v high on Google, should run on just air there cannot be any costs incurred there at all
In my opinion I thought she mentioned us without mentioning us.

Also she basically admitted alot of stuff we speculated anyway. So I don't know what her point of not naming us was?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So jack won't name tattle, she'll just vague bait that'll lead people to googling then clicking through and boosting tattle up the rankings 😆🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
There must be many squiggs with vague concerns, sending them this way is just increasing the chances of the bungalow of cards falling down.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
She obviously wants a tattle/Twitter crossover so she can say we are bullying her. Instead of taking screenshots and talking on a website she apparently never visits.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Can someone come up with a fake ingredient and ask her if she's heard of it before? "yes, absolutely, I've got a jar of it in my cupboard"
My new game is seeing a squig asking if she's tried something then guessing whether she'll go 'yes, absolutely' before I scroll down to her response. I've got a 100% success rate so far

• Haha
Reactions: 55
My new game is seeing a squig asking if she's tried something then guessing whether she'll go 'yes, absolutely' before I scroll down to her response. I've got a 100% success rate so far
My suggestions

Quick pickled Trussell Turnips
Haunted Horseradish
Slow Roasted Sideboard Trimmings
Jarred Inexplicable Egg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.