Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I for one will be monetising my obsessive hatred by launching a range of t-shirts. Slogans include:

SOUTHEND SLOP SLINGER
MACRO MEANS BIG
APOSTROPHES DENOTE POSSESSION OR CONTRACTION
HEAT THE OIL FIRST YOU IDIOT
JACK MONROE SHITS IN BAGS

All profits will be donated to a charity I choose not to name, because I want to protect them from this hellsite full of mendacious bullies etc.
Will you also do big knickers with UNRULY LABIA written on the front and an arrow pointing downwards? (But you have to sell them in packs of 3 as they all need to be worn at once)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Been on a ginormous grunk but bringing this in from the last thread cos rather coincidentally, at my job my work colleagues and I have all just had new ID pictures done.

D9F279D7-C517-47DC-8563-9F772E696A4B.jpeg
D79A58EF-FBBA-4048-ACD3-80958D9D4761.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 49
OMG! Jack's dad is going to explode with the laughter when he hears about these little discoveries. I won't lie I'm taking a big flight in the old ROFLcopter myself!!!!! You know how you get gold food spray to enrage a corner of the internet? Well you can also get spray in bronze and silver!!!!!!!! Call me an ambulance. You could so have a competition with three levels of trifle - gold for the winner like in the Olympics.

View attachment 1123622View attachment 1123623
While you're at it can you also let him know about turd polish? It's a thing...I looked it up. 😊

turd polish.jpg

Is this correct - she's only just discovered that sugar also comes in brown?
petty 2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She doesn't want to give us the chance to monetise our "obsessive hatred"? Monetise? MONETISE?! Does this mean I can charge people for the guff I write here? How about the legendary recovery time, after I've written an especially long post?

Jack- not everyone writes things online to make money. Some of us do it because we've found a group of likeminded people who are fun to chat to. You should try it sometime.
I've got a tip for you, Jack.

If you don't want to find us then don't mention us at all. People will get curious and google your name and look for the site that is being mean to you.

I found Tattle from a Mumsnet thread that mentioned these threads before it was zapped from MN. I already had a nagging doubt in my mind about your origing story and these threads and the wiki confirmed those suspicions.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
i mean, you usually make crumble with Demerara sugar rather than white anyway Jack. Hardly breaking new ground here 😂 just not using a tit ingredient (rice instead of arborio in rissotto for example)

View attachment 1123531
The bottom layer looks like she’s flung water into a stale ashtray and left it for an hour 🤭
So somehow managed to tell the truth but still lie 🤣 no one pointed it out to her, she came to the conclusion herself and told everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wonder what the plan is behind her mentioning Tattlle. Is she hoping for an influx of flying monkeys? Or a body of complaints to whichever committee it is which is regulating the internet? I thought it was funny when Jack did not seem to realise that this legislation would apply to her too.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She doesn't want to give us the chance to monetise our "obsessive hatred"? Monetise? MONETISE?! Does this mean I can charge people for the guff I write here? How about the legendary recovery time, after I've written an especially long post?

Jack- not everyone writes things online to make money. Some of us do it because we've found a group of likeminded people who are fun to chat to. You should try it sometime.
I feel like those of you who actually read her BS, unlike us who have her and any words related to her muted, should get danger money, frankly.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So has she got a block of jaggery in the cupboard or did she give it away? Or am I reading this wrong?
She gave the kombucha away due to the alcohol and potential issues it might have for her sobriety

Reactions: 19
I wonder what the plan is behind her mentioning Tattlle. Is she hoping for an influx of flying monkeys? Or a body of complaints to whichever committee it is which is regulating the internet? I thought it was funny when Jack did not seem to realise that this legislation would apply to her too.
Was wondering if it's to somehow deflect from the TT stuff. Or maybe she's planning to make a big deal of the donation and rub it in our faces, "discredit" us etc. But perhaps the TT don't want a big deal? TBH as long as they get the money I don't care how. Even an update would be welcome at this stage. The silence is deafening.

For people Jack sent here: Jack Monroe sold merchandise in aid of the trussel trust, raised £10k and has yet to give it to them despite receiving the money a week ago. Based on these figures thousands of people have been victims of fraud, spending upwards of £15 on grammatically incorrect, politically insensitive bags and tshirts, thinking they were doing it for charity. Instead they are buying spoons and hats.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.