Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are the stars on top made of cheese?
The really thick cooking white “chocolate” that is basically grease I reckon. Leaves a sheen wherever you put it.

As I mentioned, nasty, nasty dessert.

ETA- bit of a bad mood today so I am not being overly nice about the trifle. Sorry.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Might have to sign out for a bit lads, just broke my hand punching a wall in a terrible rage after seeing she'd sprayed the trifle gold.

Here is a selfie. Behold my rage.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 16.59.56.png

• Haha
Reactions: 77
I think there is custard, it's just really pale

it ain't birds

probs the fresh stuff

Reactions: 30
The gold spray makes it look like it's been charred with a blow torch thingy, like you do with meringues etc.

That's my evil troll-ish opinion on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It's better than nothing! (And 344% more edible from being packet mixes!)

I'm actually surprised!
Actually, that's a good point.
Things she gets out of a packet and pretends she made them actually look nice and edible.
Although it is normally savoury things like pre made mash, a meze, Yorkshire pudding. (I think Aunt Bessie is still fuming about that one)
But the fake trifle still looks stupid. (No cake layer, not a trifle. More of a layered blancmange thing)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
What's with all the red curtains in the background?

Is she in The Odeon and has sneaked a snack in?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Even the soft pink curtains which make Jack look like a 14 year old aren’t helping the trifle AT ALL.

I think there is custard too… there is definitely a division between the white cream and some grainy yellow/cream thing underneath. All I can think about though is how those “chocolate” stars would leave your mouth feeling greasy and the glitter would leave your teeth feeling like you have eaten a trifle made of sand.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Might have to sign out for a bit lads, just broke my hand punching a wall in a terrible rage after seeing she'd sprayed the trifle gold.

Here is a selfie. Behold my rage.

View attachment 1122649
Your feelings on the gold spray are like mine on the cake layer.
Ladyfingers are obviously traditional, but madeira or sponge are acceptable. I would even tolerate a sliced chocolate Swiss roll.

NO CAKE, NO TRIFLE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.