Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT but my friend dated a guy who ghosted her when he got gout. We think it's because she sang that 'Henry the 8th I am' song at him down the phone when he told her but I personally think his leg fell off.
😂 You ever want to see a grown man cry, give them gout.
A Jack gout cookbook would be useless because it's all so different. My brother lives on beer but gets it if he eats a banana. Plus she's gotta get through Kachooey's list first! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
😂 You ever want to see a grown man cry, give them gout.
A Jack gout cookbook would be useless because it's all so different. My brother lives on beer but gets it if he eats a banana. Plus she's gotta get through Kachooey's list first! 😂
I know it's wrong but I want a Jack gout cookbook with her dressed up as King Henry VIII on the cover. In fact I'd be prepared to forgo the fun of laughing at Jacks attempts to cure gout with slop if she just dressed up as Henry VIII - bonus points if she sits on the sideboard in her Henry costume.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
All this stuff about the landlady is a pre-emptive strike against Jack not taking in a refugee isn't it?

The Povo little pixie would so love to take in an Ukrainian, there is space in the crappy drafty bungalow, and the rent is 90% of her income. But sadly, (checks tenancy agreement)...

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
That crappy bungalow should be warm as toast with all the hot air coming out of her arse daily.

The smell though?! :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
All this stuff about the landlady is a pre-emptive strike against Jack not taking in a refugee isn't it?

The Povo little pixie would so love to take in an Ukrainian, there is space in the crappy drafty bungalow, and the rent is 90% of her income. But sadly, (checks tenancy agreement)...
In fairness I'd probably phone Amnesty if Jack even looked like she was going to take in a refugee. You can't have a traumatised person coming from a war zone and then winding up in the slop palace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
That feeling when you have to meet a word count but can't figure out how, so you say "oh duck it" and write the same paragraph twice with minor wording changes.

Screenshot_20220313-110830_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
That feeling when you have to meet a word count but can't figure out how, so you say "oh duck it" and write the same paragraph twice with minor wording changes.

View attachment 1121919
It's really bad, isn't it? Like, badly written, little or no research - even the link they've used to 'prove' her point about the upswing in respiratory illnesses says nothing about damp accommodation, it says it's about air pollution.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
She's written something. And now we know why she's suddenly claiming that both she and SB have respiratory illnesses.

View attachment 1121901
It’s truly wild that the daughter of a serial landlord & granddaughter of a slum landlord vacuuming housing benefits is allowed to write about this stuff with absolutely no disclosure? It’s the UK’s unregulated ✨hellscape✨ of a rental market that allows these horrible LLs to get away with making people seriously unwell. Your family have profited off this problem for at least 2 generations??? Self awareness who?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
All Jack has to do in an article of this sort is describe the problem, go to the websites of CPAG and other anti poverty groups see what their current campaigns are and put those forward as things that might help. A sort of benign plagiarism that would result in a slightly useful article for very little effort.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I know it's wrong but I want a Jack gout cookbook with her dressed up as King Henry VIII on the cover. In fact I'd be prepared to forgo the fun of laughing at Jacks attempts to cure gout with slop if she just dressed up as Henry VIII - bonus points if she sits on the sideboard in her Henry costume.
She already has the hat!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's really bad, isn't it? Like, badly written, little or no research - even the link they've used to 'prove' her point about the upswing in respiratory illnesses says nothing about damp accommodation, it says it's about air pollution.
It's really badly written. Take this, for example:

Screenshot_20220313-112309_Chrome.jpg

The TT's stats show that ALMOST half the people using its services are in debt to the DWP: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/...ferred-trussell-trust-food-banks-are-debt-dwp

So first Jack confuses more than and less than, then she draws a causal link which the TT does not. Being in debt to the DWP and using a foodbank is not the same as having to use a foodbank because you are in debt to the DWP. This kind of direct causal link is very, very hard to prove.

As always, her journalism is as sloppy as her cooking.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Rickets never fully went away with the Victorians, but that is a FACT and therefore not suitable for inclusion in that article.
Is she getting confused with scurvy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's really badly written. Take this, for example:

View attachment 1121948

The TT's stats show that ALMOST half the people using its services are in debt to the DWP: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/...ferred-trussell-trust-food-banks-are-debt-dwp

So first Jack confuses more than and less than, then she draws a causal link which the TT does not. Being in debt to the DWP and using a foodbank is not the same as having to use a foodbank because you are in debt to the DWP. This kind of direct causal link is very, very hard to prove.

As always, her journalism is as sloppy as her cooking.
Speaking of Trussell Trust, anyone heard anything?

Reactions: 32
It’s truly wild that the daughter of a serial landlord & granddaughter of a slum landlord vacuuming housing benefits is allowed to write about this stuff with absolutely no disclosure? It’s the UK’s unregulated ✨hellscape✨ of a rental market that allows these horrible LLs to get away with making people seriously unwell. Your family have profited off this problem for at least 2 generations??? Self awareness who?
And coming from a family that fosters Jack would know that some children got to bed cold and hungry because of crappy parenting.

Or maybe that is too close to her pov story

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.