Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20220314-224542_Chrome.jpg

Stealing your screenshot @Silver Linings because this has befuddled me.

The key ingredient in a fluffernutter is marshmallow Fluff which is not:
-(90%)Vegan
-A budget food
-Sold in tin cans

So I'm not sure which of her books Jack thought this recipe was appropriate for. She has absolutely no idea who her target audience is does she?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Yes, the bread is the issue, it's like eating a really disappointing cake.

Japanese bread is very sweet and often contains milk, butter and sugar. So it tastes more like a barren panettone than it does bread. It's very reminiscent of the abominations that are gluten free rolls, just with the improved texture of normal bread crumb. When you think of it like that, adding whipped cream and fresh fruit to slices of panettone isn't that weird. It's kind of like a tit trifle and we all know about those, don't we?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Cream cheese and raspberry jam is my favourite croissant filling, which I appreicate is controversial. Jack's flutterbollocks sounds rank though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What a beautiful back story

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 22.52.40.png

It was 5pm and some hours ago I'd woken so I thought if I didn't eat now I'd miss dinner ay 7pm and oops also forget to feed my child so I searched the cupboards and found something in them to feed us with (unappetising though it is) by 11pm. I went straight back to work and sent this draft in immediately (2am), will this work as a recipe intro?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Isn’t the next book about poverty? The 150grifty tips one is now complete and with the editor. So the next one is the one on poverty - and including everyone’s stories she promised to pay them for. Then she’s also got the VBI to complete. So the next cook book will be out around 2024 to 2025 - and will include a chapter on sandwiches. That’ll get the pre- orders in🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 31
the fluffy nuts thing sounds like an incredible waste of time when you're already running late

abominable is another word that probs shouldn't be used around food

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.