Jack Monroe #267 Could it be a different scheme you helped set up?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the 5 week delay, I think she may have ret-conned that in as it is now standard, but yours right, pre-UC things were sometimes slower than ideal but it wasn't baked in like it is now.
Yes, that's exactly what she's done, because the story is largely fiction it grows arms and legs. I shall be not be surprised if we get a story about how she kicked a clerk at her local labour exchange after he denied her claim for national assistance at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What happened to little Harry, that was only 10 years ago? So many pets lost but so much crap held onto 😪
She acquired two kittens, Harry (as in Harriet Harmann) and Millie (as in Milliband - it was her hardcore Labour phase), in October 2012.

They were both gone by summer 2013.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Has anyone bagsied the sentient mirror? I want it. The stories it will tell.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Screenshot_20220310-185345_Twitter.jpg

Where does vacuuming twice a day fit in with being so traumatised by The Poverty that you're chronically afraid to use any electricity? And where do you find the time whilst single handedly saving the world?

(Do I want to know what a tampon pineapple is? 😱)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
You’re all as thick as (any fat content) mince! Nobody’s bagsied the Emin!!! Im having it, and the beauuuuutiful cross stitch of LJC and Jack’s first meeting 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Has anyone claimed the Nintendo Switch? If that's gone, I'll take anything not covered by a film of grease.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
You’re all as thick as (any fat content) mince! Nobody’s bagsied the Emin!!! Im having it, and the beauuuuutiful cross stitch of LJC and Jack’s first meeting 🙃
Ha! Jokes on you. It's Jack's policy never to sell gifts unless they're Omega Seamasters. The Emin was a gift from a mate and you can't have it.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I wonder if she will sell that laptop she had before she sold absolutely everything, but somehow still owns?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'll put a pair of Marigolds on. Make a solution of soda crystals and hot water. That should deal with the grease on the artificial string of pearls plant..🧤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I wanted to answer the eternal question: how many times has Jack Monroe moved house?

In doing so, I also found that the crappy bungalow may, in fact, not be the first place that Jack considers to truly be a home...

October 2011: Jack breaks up with her partner & moves out into "executive luxury apartment"

(can't find receipt right now, sorry)

October 2012: Jack moves into the flat with the mirrored tiles in the kitchen, seen in many early Poverty news stories

View attachment 1116108

View attachment 1116112

MAY 2013: Jack is moving into a shared house

View attachment 1116131

JULY 2013: Jack has moved

View attachment 1116132

(Incidentally, I know some Frauen believe that Jack moved back home at this time. I read some of her blog comments that indicate that she didn't, but I can't find them right now. She could be lying, but I'll assume she isn't. For once.)

OCTOBER 2013: Jack has moved out and is now living with the Mrs Jack of the day

View attachment 1116152

source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/02/jack-monroe-creative-recipes-tight-budget

Interlude: in December 2013, she has a guitar that has moved house with her 12 times. Didn't sell that, then?

View attachment 1116212

source: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2013/12/31/a-pretty-good-year-reflections-on-2013/

We have a lack of info now. We know she moved in with Allegra in mid-2014, breaking up with the previous Mrs J some time before then.

SUMMER 2015: Jack breaks up with Allegra and moves into a flat, her "ideal home"

View attachment 1116220

She is slow to decorate it.

View attachment 1116227

She eventually acquires a bed.

View attachment 1116225

AUGUST 2016: Jack moves into a house, her "dream home"

View attachment 1116236

She proceeds to trash the place.

View attachment 1116238

Still there in 2017...
View attachment 1116239

Trashing continues for some time.

View attachment 1116241

Can you believe that the picture below is Jack DECLUTTERING?! 🤯

View attachment 1116245

JUNE 2018: Jack moves into a bungalow (not the crappy bungalow). It's "perfect" and "feels like home", unlike her last two dream homes

View attachment 1116250

She seems to really like it.

View attachment 1116251

FEBRUARY 2019: the crappy bungalow

View attachment 1116253

In conclusion:

1) Flat with partner
2) Executive luxury apartment
3) Mirror kitchen
4) House share
5) Flat with then-fiancée

??????? (she must have moved home 15+ times in 2014, according to her own moving stats)

6) Allegra's home
7) Flat
8) House
9) Bungalow
10) crappy bungalow

I need a new hobby 🙃
excellent work as always dear heart, i live for your deep dives!

‘kitchen-lounge-diner-music studio’ 😭 its good to have confirmation that jack has always been a massive twit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.