Jack Monroe #265 Jack Monroe got a bus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so ALMOST, ALMOST The Squiggles…

TOOT TOOT!!!!

ETA can some splendid Frau work photoshop magic on this and turn all the people’s heads into Jacka’s? Or at the very least correct the erroneous spelling of Squiggles?!

Also, a smol aghast child breaking through a crusted wall of sticky brown festive poo.

TOOT TOOT Mama!

Finally,
TOOT TOOT

Seems she’s gone and opened up the crappy bungalow to paying customers, serving her bread pudding tenderloins and other delicacies. Tho that TripAdvisor review is obviously a typo and should substitute the T in stop for an L

TOOT TOOTY TOOT TOOT TOOTY TOOT TOOT!!!

BREAD pudding?! Black pudding FFS! I’ve over excited myself with all the tooting

TOOT TOOT

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Hausfraus! I’ve been Grunka-ing the last thread and not quite finished yet but you better believe I’ve been hooting and fizzing! I’ve missed you guys and this is the first time I’ve dipped my toe back in and not recoiled in horror.

The 8-month chip thing had me a bit 😬 but if she says she is, she is (in terms of if she’s not, she’s the only one who’ll suffer). The chips are very common in America but they do them here too. At my old meeting’s Group Conscience we decided to get them as they can be encouraging for newcomers but they’re not appropriate to use Tradition 7 money for so we got some ourselves. I was touched by everyone’s honesty about their experiences of alcoholism and it made me think that no matter how awful Jack continues to be, she can’t take away the fact these threads are a safe space for people to talk from the heart. It also makes her a grade A thundercunt if she is lying about it. Alcoholism is a truly insidious, horrible illness that affects far too many people and shouldn’t be fodder for some jackass with too much time on her hands and a pathological need for attention.

I had no idea what an axolotl was but it’s (*checks notes*) a paedomorphic salamander - fancy!!!

Talking of fancy, an all day bloody ticket?! If (coughs) everything is above board with the Trussell Trust (I haven’t got to that bit yet) then her timing is shite, splashing the cash like goodo. I’m kind of hoping she has paid the money and thinks she’s getting one over on the cabal by buying things. But it’s Jack Monroe, accidental hole, keyboard warrior, mis-rememberer of the truth, user of 1800s words, ruiner of food so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Talking of fancy, an all day bloody ticket?! If (coughs) everything is above board with the Trussell Trust (I haven’t got to that bit yet) then her timing is shite, splashing the cash like goodo. I’m kind of hoping she has paid the money and thinks she’s getting one over on the cabal by buying things. But it’s Jack Monroe, accidental hole, keyboard warrior, mis-rememberer of the truth, user of 1800s words, ruiner of food so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️
Too early, Lenny, too early (it's perfect though). 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hope you like my new avatar, I’m staying here (new Frau although been quietly reading for almost a year!) as need to keep away from the current affairs news/threads for my mental health…..Jack reminds me of the girls from the all girls school I went to 30 years ago, elevenerife-ing all over the place. I didn’t like the enablers back then, it actually made me feel isolated because I seemed to be out on a limb seeing through the bullshit while everyone else went along with it…. I couldn’t respect people who blatantly contradict themselves in an effort to make other people like them (?) then, and I can’t now! It must be exhausting trying to keep up with the lies you’ve told. I always think that if you’re honest- with yourself and others- you can’t go wrong. Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Can’t wait for 9.15am.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
As it's being broadcast, I look forward to Jack claiming she said something offensive when she didn't.

Can't wait for the cabal commentary

• Haha
Reactions: 29
penny's as insufferable as monroe, but bindel and rowling's mockery was horrible. penny may very well not have cptsd, but that does not excuse bindel (who literally wrote the horrible book review) and rowling taking the piss out of the condition
Bindel *hates* Laurie Penny for unclear reasons (probably just good old fashioned biphobia), so her doing that is no surprise. Rowling is usually a bit more subtle though. But sometimes the mask does slip a bit

Reactions: 12
What do people actually think Jack achieves by going and bleating rehashed potatoes? Who should I be more annoyed with, the select committee for inviting her, or her for accepting and taking the place of somebody with a genuine voice?

• Heart
Reactions: 60
What do people actually think Jack achieves by going and bleating rehashed potatoes? Who should I be more annoyed with, the select committee for inviting her, or her for accepting and taking the place of somebody with a genuine voice?
Frustrating innit. Which civil servant decides who to invite to these things? and what do they believe she’s actually DONE to qualify for a spot? Whoever published that first book has a lot to answer for, and the guardian for their peddling of it

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I quite like the photograph Jack has used 🤔 It really is staggering that she is given such an audience isn’t it? It’s too serious a topic and change needs to be taken seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Frustrating innit. Which civil servant decides who to invite to these things? and what do they believe she’s actually DONE to qualify for a spot? Whoever published that first book has a lot to answer for, and the guardian for their peddling of it
Can only think that they're going for the popularist vote.

Reactions: 15
I might tune in. I want to see the hair without a filter. Toot bleeping Toot.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Good luck today pet, remember less is more, don't over talk your speech... I mean of course you will but good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.