Jack Monroe #261 Serial loser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people like tattoos and hair dyed colours which don’t occur in nature, and some people don’t, but no one reacts in pearl clutching horror at the sight. It’s another example of Jack being weirdly old fashioned about things, and another example of a role she’s cast herself in in her mind. Her cognitive dissonance levels are amazing, I know Jack’s been compared lately to Anna the con woman, but I don’t think Anna believed her lies, she’s a sociopath who thinks she’s smarter than everyone else and is entitled to manipulate people for her own entertainment and gain. In contrast Jack seems to have created this entirely fictitious almost comic book like world in her head where she’s the scrappy, puppyish urchin hero fighting against the evil powers as the beloved champion of the poor, and this entitles her to behave in any way she wants including begging for money online. She has both a victim and hero complex going on, I’d love for someone who’s a proper expert in psychology to take a deep dive into her psyche.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Some people like tattoos and hair dyed colours which don’t occur in nature, and some people don’t, but no one reacts in pearl clutching horror at the sight. It’s another example of Jack being weirdly old fashioned about things, and another example of a role she’s cast herself in in her mind. Her cognitive dissonance levels are amazing, I know Jack’s been compared lately to Anna the con woman, but I don’t think Anna believed her lies, she’s a sociopath who thinks she’s smarter than everyone else and is entitled to manipulate people for her own entertainment and gain. In contrast Jack seems to have created this entirely fictitious almost comic book like world in her head where she’s the scrappy, puppyish urchin hero fighting against the evil powers as the beloved champion of the poor, and this entitles her to behave in any way she wants including begging for money online. She has both a victim and hero complex going on, I’d love for someone who’s a proper expert in psychology to take a deep dive into her psyche.
Anna pretended to be rich to extort money out of rich people.

Jack pretends to be poor to grift money out of anyone, rich or poor.

To be honest, I think what Jack is doing is worse. It might not be criminal, but it is certainly immoral.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
🥰 Thankyou so much. Sometimes I feel like I’m not making a difference and then one of my many ailments will flare up and knock me sideways for days (or weeks, depending on the urgency of any deadline). To know that I’M having such a positive impact is AMAZING! I really hope that a forever pod will arrive someday - it’s hard on your own. SB doesn‘t call round much any more and being a head in a jar means I don’t have much to offer 26th century lesbians (not to mention the lack of available cake). An MBE would be amazing; it’s what Pa would have wanted and I could stand proudly (well, stick my chin out proudly) on Xmas Day when Queen Asphyxia addresses us all. DM me your details and I’ll drop a completed VBI into your inbox as soon as it’s completed (or the inbox of one of your descendants). Thankyou again! X

View attachment 1084485
I don’t mean to pry, but which ailments do you have nowadays seeing as it’s just your head in a jar? Omg thanks so much, I’d love a copy!! I emailed you my details 25 years ago when you said you would send me “150 grifty tips for heads on a budget part 22” but nothing ever came. You said you’d been having a lot of trouble with the Royal Air Mail in Southend Under Sea so I didn’t mention it again. Maybe my message got lost in the three trillion emails you have in your inbox now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

To be honest, I think what Jack is doing is worse. It might not be criminal, but it is certainly immoral.
The Monroe case is interesting. I don't know if what she does is indeed criminal, but several people in the UK have been successfully prosecuted and jailed for pretending to have illnesses and raising money for treatment/holiday/wedding.

I do wonder where it will all end up.

• Wow
Reactions: 48

I agree. Playing the victim makes it so much harder to challenge too.

The Monroe case is interesting. I don't know if what she does is indeed criminal, but several people in the UK have been successfully prosecuted and jailed for pretending to have illnesses and raising money for treatment/holiday/wedding.

I do wonder where it will all end up.
The problem is she lies by omission or exaggeration, which are much harder to prove than faking serious illness for profit. If she does get tripped up it’ll probably be over this charity stuff as that’s a highly regulated area, but that’s still a big if. Even if she got slapped with a big bill by the tax man she’d claim it wasn’t her fault it’s her ADHD puppy brain to blame, start a go fund me and the gullible sqigs would end up paying it for her.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
It's more of a transient set of disabilities I think. Also is Southend somehow stuck in the 50s? I've mentioned before this is my hill to die on because I work NHS in a public facing role and not one single person has ever commented on my septum piercing, masculine aesthetic hair (even when it looked a bit Hitler Youth when I first did it), or tattoos. Elderly men greet me and the receptionist with 'good morning ladies' and the only person who's ever misgendered me was a colleague who immediately apologised. I don't mind being called sir, to be fair. Half the people I work with are also completely covered in tattoos, partially shaved heads for the women, and facial piercings too, IT IS NOT AN ISSUE ANY MORE. She sets back the rights of any demographic she tries to represent by about a hundred years.

eta: and she can duck off with the hair colours too, I pulled a 50yr old woman with electric blue hair a couple months back and she rocked it. Society changes, Jack. (open marriage for those fraus that have noted my occasional reference to my Beloved Wife. she finds my proclivities hilarious).
I work in a real job in a grown up public sector organisation. One of my colleagues has just had a massive tattoo done.

Did we shun her and talk about her behind her back or did we gather round to admire it, and discuss the intricacies and fine detailing? However unlike most of Jack's tattoos it wasn't tit.

I have a couple of external meetings next week where I am presenting. How much time should I demand off for recovery?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I don’t mean to pry, but which ailments do you have nowadays seeing as it’s just your head in a jar? Omg thanks so much, I’d love a copy!! I emailed you my details 25 years ago when you said you would send me “150 grifty tips for heads on a budget part 22” but nothing ever came. You said you’d been having a lot of trouble with the Royal Air Mail in Southend Under Sea so I didn’t mention it again. Maybe my message got lost in the three trillion emails you have in your inbox now?
Oh you just know head in a jar Jack would have arthritic phantom limbs 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She's quiet. Reckon she's combing 23andme for a distant Ukrainian relative so she can cosplay War Games.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I think of Jack as having imposter syndrome, but not in the way it is usually meant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She has all these random scribbles on her arms and gets them out for ‘shock value’ which doesn’t work.
Don't forget that she also uses them as her ID when she goes to the bank! Those are very important scribbles.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
so the draft of the book that 'draws inspiration' from a famous plagiariser is unfinished. And unsent. God, she's such a good investment.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.