Jack Monroe #261 Serial loser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I say, she will šŸ”ŗļø me, and so will her flying monkeys. I'm actually more scared of them, than what she'd do to me. I can say that I did stand up to her, I stayed calm, was firm and to the point and she fucked off. I think if I ever saw her irl, I'd punch her on the nose, kick her in the shins.
Well done for standing up to her Pav. Jack Monroe is a bully. A sly, spiteful hole of a bully.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Why is she editing it herself? I thought it got sent off to be edited by you know Professionals. Perhaps they know it's going to bomb so they are just telling her to sort it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The thing I find offensive about her tattoos is how bad they are. I have my own 18 yr old tattoo mistake, but itā€™s in my back so it doesnā€™t bother me. She has all these random scribbles on her arms and gets them out for ā€˜shock valueā€™ which doesnā€™t work. Itā€™s a bit sad. Sheā€™s middle aged in her attitudes or even early #1978

Reactions: 42
Why is she editing it herself? I thought it got sent off to be edited by you know Professionals. Perhaps they know it's going to bomb so they are just telling her to sort it.
You're assuming it's actually a completed, printed out book. Jack will have wanted to hand in a 30 year old moleskin full of illegible hints and tips. With random post it notes shoved into each page. Covered in mushroom dust and dried blobs of salad bag pesto. Nobody wants to be the person attempting to edit that!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
PLEASE repost this, it's a brilliant title
Iā€™m just going to softly, softly leave this here. If you have time to vote, please do, I donā€™t get paid to come up with these thread titles
Thread title nomination
#Jack Monroe: I, hypocrite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
She was doing the same last year, remember when she was working on the layout and shared a double page spread? It was literally an essay aimed entirely at us trolls (thanks Jack ā¤), and most of us just went, "...but why is she doing the layout herself?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Sheā€™s probably dyed her hair for the author/cover shots bcuz after her recent pov4cash media tour she realised she looks like a Karen with bad highlights and a Vicky B pob.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Hi Jack, are you still renting? Did you ever put up the recipe for the pasta and broccoli breakfast? Was 200 tit tips for crap household management a best seller? Thankyou, Smeg
Itā€™s 2579. Everybody owns a pod. I can only afford a crappy one-level pod though, not one of those fancy multi-level ones. The recipe for the pasta and broccoli is upstairs somewhere, Iā€™ll dig it out for you later. There have been some delays with the tips book but itā€™ll be out soon, Iā€™m meeting my publisher this afternoon - keep your eyes peeled! Thanks for getting in touch!

05CF3022-8F39-4AF7-8822-3A3610A579D9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
There is a psychology thing (not going to explain this well, sorry) where if you get too bombarded with information on a certain topic then our brain switches off (it is more complicated than this butā€¦) It is why the animal charity adverts showing horrendous abuse often donā€™t work.

At the moment we are being hit on all fronts about cost of living rises (and now petrol will cost even more due to the price of oil rising because of what Russia is doing in Ukraine). We are already reaching our tolerance for what we can take regarding thrift and money saving tips in light of all this negative news.

People know how to turn their heating down and batch cook. Releasing another book in this genre will not help, it will simply be ignored by the public as a way to switch off from the inevitable car crash that is coming our way. It will however, be lauded by the press as always- the proletariat need every bit of help they can, donā€™t they Jack?

ETA- I would also like to add that as someone who claims to be an LGBTQ+ spokesperson there is deafening silence from Jack on the news coming out of Florida and Texas right now. Jack, when you read this you need to be very, very ashamed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
If sheā€™s at the stage sheā€™s saying sheā€™s at, I think this is common practice - wherein sheā€™s submitted a first (or second draft) and her editor has marked up the manuscript (probably not the hard copy) and returned it to her with thoughts and suggestions for how to get the word count down, how to streamline a theme, etc., etc. Usually with a deadline šŸ˜‚

Depending on the publisher, they then may have a professional copyeditor go through it, but I imagine they wonā€™t in Jackā€™s case as she has copyediting in her blood and knows all about apostrophes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Itā€™s 2579. Everybody owns a pod. I can only afford a crappy one-level pod though, not one of those fancy multi-level ones. The recipe for the pasta and broccoli is upstairs somewhere, Iā€™ll dig it out for you later. There have been some delays with the tips book but itā€™ll be out soon, Iā€™m meeting my publisher this afternoon - keep your eyes peeled! Thanks for getting in touch!

View attachment 1084338
Sorry Jack, didnā€™t mean to hassle you, I know youā€™re busy on the VBI. I just want to say youā€™re amazing. What youā€™ve been doing for the past 567 years for no pay and just the odd media appearance is breathtaking. I hope an MBE comes your way soon, or that you can move into your Forever Pod one day - youā€™re a national treasure x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The thing I find offensive about her tattoos is how bad they are. I have my own 18 yr old tattoo mistake, but itā€™s in my back so it doesnā€™t bother me. She has all these random scribbles on her arms and gets them out for ā€˜shock valueā€™ which doesnā€™t work. Itā€™s a bit sad. Sheā€™s middle aged in her attitudes or even early #1978
I have to hold my hand up and admit I too have random scribbles on my armsā€¦ Iā€™m a magpie if I like it I have it put on, I wish I had been a bit more considered and perhaps had an end game and a cohesive style, but I love ā€˜em (even the one that makes me go ā€œwtf were you thinking šŸ¤£šŸ¤£) and with my shaved head, facial piercing and garish sense of style in my serious job no one has ever judged me or commented on it. No one cares!
Folks have enough of their own real life worries to be concerned about meā€¦

• Heart
Reactions: 37

View attachment 1084338
I'm loving this - can we have regular updates from JackPod please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have to hold my hand up and admit I too have random scribbles on my armsā€¦ Iā€™m a magpie if I like it I have it put on, I wish I had been a bit more considered and perhaps had an end game and a cohesive style, but I love ā€˜em (even the one that makes me go ā€œwtf were you thinking šŸ¤£šŸ¤£) and with my shaved head, facial piercing and garish sense of style in my serious job no one has ever judged me or commented on it. No one cares!
Folks have enough of their own real life worries to be concerned about meā€¦
Jack does seem to live in another age. Perhaps she was sent from the future as revenge for the effects of climate change and they've arsed up her how to pass in the early 21st century training. Hence traaazers on a bird, folk scandalised at her tattoos and gasp dyed hair. It's only a matter of time before an angry gentleman with a cane strikes her and has his men hurl into the workhouse for being an unwed mother.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I donā€™t understand why anyone would buy this book. I donā€™t know why anyone buys books like this anymore when we have the internet.
If you were poor wonā€™t spend money on books and if you did Iā€™m sure if you went to some discount book shop thereā€™s loads like this. Iā€™m totally confused why they are putting it out unless itā€™s just contractual.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Is this book real?

She went relatively quiet for a while during her treatment. Understandably.

Then she has come back, tweeting manically, no mention of book (therefore, going by previous behaviour, no book).

Then the ā€œtweetā€ followed by a few weeks of public appearances- no time for book and lots of mentions of VBI.

Now, no sign of VBI but suddenly book with a DIY cover from Microsoft publisher 2009.

Maybe book is a cover for lack of patreon and VBI?

So, in summary, nothing will be completed and in a few weeks she hopes all three will be forgotten about?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I donā€™t understand why anyone would buy this book. I donā€™t know why anyone buys books like this anymore when we have the internet.
If you were poor wonā€™t spend money on books and if you did Iā€™m sure if you went to some discount book shop thereā€™s loads like this. Iā€™m totally confused why they are putting it out unless itā€™s just contractual.
Perhaps there's a significant niche market out there for presents to buy for people you secretly hate.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Itā€™s going to be bought by the same stupid squigs who bought the god awful merch, plonked on a shelf and never read like they never make her slopecies.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.