Jack Monroe #261 Serial loser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the book started out as 'Modern British Cookery', and then the genius idea to add austerity tips. I think any idea of getting it out soon will be to take advantage of Jack being in the limelight and so possible interest. If there is any suggestion of giving it out at food banks I will howl and claw the floor.
ETA The tweet has been referenced by a food bank app who said the book would be 'on their list'. I only hope they were speaking in a personal capacity.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Can I go back a couple of pages to the chat about partners and conception. There’s mention of previously losing a baby? I’ve never come across that before.

Reactions: 20
Can I go back a couple of pages to the chat about partners and conception. There’s mention of previously losing a baby? I’ve never come across that before.
I’m no forum police, but probably not something to chat about on here I feel

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It’s going to be bought by the same stupid squigs who bought the god awful merch, plonked on a shelf and never read like they never make her slopecies.
The things is though, for all she has a big Twitter following it doesn't translate into all that much support really. 758 patreons (mostly thanks to Mom) is a tiny fraction of her twitter followers. There will be a bigger market for one off ways of showing support like buying a book or a weird fascist t-shirt but I can't see it being massive. The ten grand that she has totally raised and will absolutely be sending to the Trussell Trust on 4th March will come as much from idiots who want a perk for giving to charity as much as people who want to blow smoke up her arse.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I have had (to my shame) all sorts of hairstyles over the years, including, amongst others...

Shoulder length permed hair.
Permed afro.
Bleached stripes in my hair that I coloured different shades, from green to red.
Punk multi coloured Mohican.
Head shaved one side and the other half chin length bob.
Facial piercings and a shaved head.
Blond chin length curtains.
Marcus Wareing looky likey

This was in the 60's through to the 90's, when tolerance for difference was not as it is now. All these were commented on, but mostly with a "good grief, what have you done now". I got very little negativity, well not to my face. I know people looked and probably said stuff behind my back, but to be truthful, that was the point.

I am amazed that in a much more enlightened and tolerant times, Jack wants us to believe that so many people would actually be judgemental to her face. It just doesn't ring true.

I did get homophobic comments, and can believe that people would, even today, comment on her sexuality (whatever that is at the moment), but tattoos, clothes and hair? I am not buying it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I have had (to my shame) all sorts of hairstyles over the years, including...

Shoulder length permed hair.
Permed afro.
Bleached stripes in my hair that I coloured different shades, from green to red.
Punk multi coloured Mohican.
Head shaved and the other half chin length bob.
Facial piercings and a shaved head.
Blond chin length curtains.

This was in the 60's through to the 90's, when tolerance for difference was not as it is now. All these were commented on, but mostly with a "good grief, what have you done now". I got very little negativity, well not to my face. I know people looked and probably said stuff behind my back, but to be truthful, that was the point.

I am amazed that in a much more enlightened and tolerant times, Jack wants us to believe that so many people would actually be judgemental to her face. It just doesn't ring true.

I did get homophobic comments, and can believe that people would, even today, comment on her sexuality (whatever that is at the moment), but tattoos, clothes and hair? I am not buying it.
But with your salt and peppered beard you are such a distinguished Modern British Cook ❤.

In all seriousness, I am with you. Finding it hard to put into words, so I won’t. She needs to just stop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I like to think that Jacks Patreon having stalled is to do with peoples ability to do the math. Wandering over and thinking 'Well yes, I can afford £3.50 a month to help Jack out'- then 'hang on £3.50 times 758 =.......',

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m no forum police, but probably not something to chat about on here I feel
Absolutely no wish to start a full blown conversation, I just saw a quote posted and it took me aback as it wasn’t something I’d seen before. My train of thought was that I’d been reading here and musing on how much of SB’s life has always been exposed on SM and how much of her own life from the interior layout and decor of her house and its security, to the colour and consistency of her bodily functions and her most private thoughts.

My mind is boggling at how someone who purports to be a professional public figure can sit on Twitter and all the other platforms she’s used, almost 24/7, spewing every intimate detail. I feel sorry for people who have to interact with her in every day life.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Agreed.

I mean, they might comment on how tit the tattoos are and that they look like they were drawn by a drunk toddler, but I don't think many people give much a tit about them anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I was checking out my own tattoos, my first one is older (purportedly) than Jack and it actually looks better than most of hers! I had it done back in 1985 and it's still sitting there looking better than it really should 😂
ETA silly fingers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Sorry Jack, didn’t mean to hassle you, I know you’re busy on the VBI. I just want to say you’re amazing. What you’ve been doing for the past 567 years for no pay and just the odd media appearance is breathtaking. I hope an MBE comes your way soon, or that you can move into your Forever Pod one day - you’re a national treasure x
🥰 Thankyou so much. Sometimes I feel like I’m not making a difference and then one of my many ailments will flare up and knock me sideways for days (or weeks, depending on the urgency of any deadline). To know that I’M having such a positive impact is AMAZING! I really hope that a forever pod will arrive someday - it’s hard on your own. SB doesn‘t call round much any more and being a head in a jar means I don’t have much to offer 26th century lesbians (not to mention the lack of available cake). An MBE would be amazing; it’s what Pa would have wanted and I could stand proudly (well, stick my chin out proudly) on Xmas Day when Queen Asphyxia addresses us all. DM me your details and I’ll drop a completed VBI into your inbox as soon as it’s completed (or the inbox of one of your descendants). Thankyou again! X

4991592B-5425-4ADD-BD33-28AFE229905A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
When I was teaching (university age), so many of my students had tattoos and nobody batted an eyelid - and many of them were studying medicine, law, etc rather than how to be a Twitter grifter.

Apart from personal preference, the only times people spoke negatively about them were if they were a truly bad idea - 19 yr olds getting their girlfriend's name tattooed, for example, or one girl who had got a face tat. It's worth noting that all Jack's tattoos are on her arms, where she can easily cover them if the mood strikes her. And she frequently does cover them!

Hair colour is even less of an issue. No one gives a tit. Literally no one.

Reactions: 39
Give us the purple BBQ sauce hair Jack. I have things to do today, I put a check (table order not ££) through with my black uniform in the wash and it’s a real mess (hopefully like your hair,) I want to make a cacio e pepe with the lint rollings before work this avo x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.