Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just having a nosey in JM likes. Surely this is worth a retweet for the food bank donation 🤔No retweet for this, yet she retweets Nigella’s thank you to JM for her free copy and ensures she comments on Nigella’s post, to raise her profile to Nigella’s followers 😠 All on the same day. Curious behaviour for the food bank saviour?!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Love her too - and agree, it was pretty well cast and adapted.
I haven’t read that one - have only read those two. Both beautifully written, but different!
I saw Midsommar recently - thought it was soooo weird and unsettling (but also funny in places?) and visually stunning.
Yes, absolutely. Although I am very squeamish and easily scared, it didn't ring my bell as a horror (perhaps because I didn't care about what happened to anyone except Dani?) but I thought it was incredibly beautiful and oddly moving - and yes, funny too! I wasn't sure if that was the director's intent, which added to the strangeness. To me, it was about grief and how it can be utterly transformational. Anyway, it made me want to revisit the original Wicker Man and I wish it didn't because that is one film which completely f***s me up!

I have to say, it's wonderful finding common ground on here with people I've never even met! @Pocahontas you are so fab and lovely - perhaps one day we can host a Tattle book & film club! X

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes, absolutely. Although I am very squeamish and easily scared, it didn't ring my bell as a horror (perhaps because I didn't care about what happened to anyone except Dani?) but I thought it was incredibly beautiful and oddly moving - and yes, funny too! I wasn't sure if that was the director's intent, which added to the strangeness. To me, it was about grief and how it can be utterly transformational. Anyway, it made me want to revisit the original Wicker Man and I wish it didn't because that is one film which completely f***s me up!

I have to say, it's wonderful finding common ground on here with people I've never even met! @Pocahontas you are so fab and lovely - perhaps one day we can host a Tattle book & film club! X
Up for that! And the feeling’s mutual ❤ Could talk about books and films all day. Sorry for the derailing!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just having a nosey in JM likes. Surely this is worth a retweet for the food bank donation 🤔No retweet for this, yet she retweets Nigella’s thank you to JM for her free copy and ensures she comments on Nigella’s post, to raise her profile to Nigella’s followers 😠 All on the same day. Curious behaviour for the food bank saviour?!
Newham bookshelf don’t have affiliate links?

Reactions: 10
Loving the book inspiration, @Pocahontas and @PennyLoafer! I’m always on the lookout for new titles and authors to add to my list. You both seem to have excellent taste 💕 Have been debating watching Midsommar so might give it a watch this weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Newham bookshelf don’t have affiliate links?
I’m not really sure how affiliate links work. Still don’t get how people make so much money on social media (I’m a bit old school 🤓)Does this mean she didn’t retweet because it’s against Twitter rules or she hasn’t retweeted because she won’t make any money??

Reactions: 8
Loving the book inspiration, @Pocahontas and @PennyLoafer! I’m always on the lookout for new titles and authors to add to my list. You both seem to have excellent taste 💕 Have been debating watching Midsommar so might give it a watch this weekend.
Oh do. It’s a weird one but good (if you don’t mind weird horror) - what am I saying, you’re on the JM thread 😂 her bechamel sauce could be a crime scene all on its own 😂

• Haha
I’m not really sure how affiliate links work. Still don’t get how people make so much money on social media (I’m a bit old school 🤓)Does this mean she didn’t retweet because it’s against Twitter rules or she hasn’t retweeted because she won’t make any money??

My understanding is with an affiliate link a cookie is placed in your system so if you purchase the book in this case, the person gets a percentage of the sale. It is a small percentage but the sneaky part is the cookie remains for a set amount of time so any other purchases you make still generates an income.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I have to give you credit. Every time you say that it sends me into gales of laughter. I can just picture you sitting there, yelling out YOU bleep.
I literally do exactly that, I roll my eyes, I face palm, and I shout bleeping bleep, sometimes I whisper it for effect in an aggressive growl, it sounds really good with my Scottish accent 😉😂😂, but mostly I just yell it in disbelief 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

No !!! WICKER MAN !! Still traumatised 30 years later 😕

• Haha
  • Sad
It's not easy to explain to onlookers why when checking your phone you're leaky eyed with sadness one minute and HoOtInG with laughter the next, you terrible cunts. (affectionate Withnail & I reference, and I don't share it with many).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but she’s gone down to 278.3k followers on twitter now which is a big drop, surely that’s not just from her blocking people?
This is pure speculation, but a lot of people who are heavily on the trans side of the trans debate use Twitter block lists against so-called "terfs". You can get onto these lists by liking gender critical tweets, even if you never tweet anything yourself. Not to get into that debate here, but if Jack uses one of those lists, it's probably gone haywire this week thanks to JK Rowling, and that could explain sudden big drops.

Reactions: 8
Other than her post to promote the next episode of Jack’s Mayonnaise Monstrosities, has she tweeted at all today? This thread seems to have been much quieter than usual.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone have the most recent this morning clip? My brother who lives overseas is a bit of a foodie and made a joke about canned spaghetti and then I obviously had to tell him all about the rinsing of the hoops. I’ve searched for it but it isn’t showing on YouTube from what I can see......

Reactions: 1
Other than her post to promote the next episode of Jack’s Mayonnaise Monstrosities, has she tweeted at all today? This thread seems to have been much quieter than usual.
According to my Twitter app, it says her last Tweet was 22 hours ago... This surely must be a Jack Monroe record!

(In all honesty though, I'm actually glad she has taken time off... Maybe finally she's listening to our/someone's wisdom!)

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Does anyone have the most recent this morning clip? My brother who lives overseas is a bit of a foodie and made a joke about canned spaghetti and then I obviously had to tell him all about the rinsing of the hoops. I’ve searched for it but it isn’t showing on YouTube from what I can see......
I’m sure it’s at the top of one of the threads?

Shout out to @Switchstreetz who appears to be flying GrunkaLunka Airlines through thread #14 right now. Keep at it my friend, you're on a wild ride.

They've just reminded me of an old screenshot I posted.....

Screenshot_20200509_145740.jpg

She said she'd lost about half of it?? I mean, did it break off at the same length as the head shave or something, because there were NO visible patches. Makes me feel really 🤔😕 can't think of the word.... uspet, on behalf of people who actually have hair loss.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
It's not easy to explain to onlookers why when checking your phone you're leaky eyed with sadness one minute and HoOtInG with laughter the next, you terrible cunts. (affectionate Withnail & I reference, and I don't share it with many).
Only watched Withnail on Wednesday afternoon !! Was awesome ! Husband been telling me we needed to watch and it was available on Ch4 catch-up. We had rose wine whilst watching. Was a nice afternoon off work 😂

Shout out to @Switchstreetz who appears to be flying GrunkaLunka Airlines through thread #14 right now. Keep at it my friend, you're on a wild ride.

They've just reminded me of an old screenshot I posted.....

View attachment 152782

She said she'd lost about half of it?? I mean, did it break off at the same length as the head shave or something, because there were NO visible patches. Makes me feel really 🤔😕 can't think of the word.... uspet, on behalf of people who actually have hair loss.
I wonder ... how long was she with the latest Mrs J for? 2 years? Was all of that a metaphor for a lost relationship ?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Only watched Withnail on Wednesday afternoon !! Was awesome ! Husband been telling me we needed to watch and it was available on Ch4 catch-up. We had rose wine whilst watching. Was a nice afternoon off work 😂

I wonder ... how long was she with the latest Mrs J for? 2 years? Was all of that a metaphor for a lost relationship ?

Here, hare, here
(One of my favourite bits)
But there are so many !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.