Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why on earth would JM be looking at the plans for Grenfell😲? Does she have a crystal ball?
Yet again using real events and people’s grief to make it all about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It is going to be an Only Fans next isn't it? For those of you not furloughed the account that's replying is definetly NSFW.
Omg! I cannot even see her twitter as I cannot work out how to change my settings, but what is it that is such sensitive content ?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can I whinge? I'm going to. My partner has just been told he's lost his job. This fucks up, well, every plan we've been making and is a complete blow, especially to him. And I feel like I've handled it exceptionally badly, because it made me so sad for him that I wasn't at all cheering about it on the phone. And he is miles away, and has the car, and I can't drive anyway, because of weird head-spinny-ness, so I can't see him. And now I feel like an idiot and so sad for him. It just all sucks. He has taken blow after blow over the last few years and I just wish the world would stop taking pot-shots at him. Please.
I am so sorry :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not to mention vaccines. Boils my piss when "vegans" say they've had all the vaccines.
Surely if you need something for a medical purpose (e.g. medication that has been tested on animals or vaccines) then it's ok? When it compromises your health (and not in a JM way) then surely it's allowed? Also the majority of vaccines you have are as a baby/young child? When you can't consent.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If you want to look at a firefighter who has overcome discrimination, homelessness and poverty I direct you to Sabrina Cohen- Hatton.

Her desert island disks episode is great. Her post re grenfell was focused on the 72 lives lost, not forcing herself into the narrative. Unlike JM she comes across as a class act.

JM has the issue now that everything she says in unbelievable. She has elaborated and exaggerated to such an extent the truth won't be believed.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not to mention vaccines. Boils my piss when "vegans" say they've had all the vaccines.
The Vegan society says... Vegans avoid using animals 'as far as is practicable and possible'. This definition recognises that it is not always possible to make a choice that avoids the use of animals. Sometimes, you may have no alternative to taking prescribed medication. Looking after yourself and other people enables you to be an effective advocate for veganism.

As there are no vegan/vegetarian alternatives for many medications and vaccines, it is quite acceptable for vegans to use them.
This also applies to Muslims, the flu vaccine for children contains pig.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm not vegan so I don't understand the ins and outs of that one but, yeah, diet's only a fraction of it.

Vaccines contain animal derived ingredients basically
The Vegan society says... Vegans avoid using animals 'as far as is practicable and possible'. This definition recognises that it is not always possible to make a choice that avoids the use of animals. Sometimes, you may have no alternative to taking prescribed medication. Looking after yourself and other people enables you to be an effective advocate for veganism.

As there are no vegan/vegetarian alternatives for many medications and vaccines, it is quite acceptable for vegans to use them.

I Googled it long ago too lol.

They still aren't vegan.

Lot of people are not vaccinated for many beliefs and reasons. My family included.
They are not compulsory.

Gp have forms to fill out etc

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Congrats on 302 days, that’s amazing! You should be incredibly proud of yourself, especially as a huge chunk of your first year has been in lock down which must be so challenging so you’re doing so bleeping great. ❤❤❤

Agreed, I’ve said before I’m not here to police anyone’s sobriety but I’m a huge AA evangelist and strongly believe that an abstinence based program is the only way. I went to bed a bit angry about this last night actually but chose not to say anything. She’s not only mentioned multiple slips, which completely reset your day count, but drinks 0.7% “alcohol free” beer. I think misrepresenting sobriety in the public eye is incredibly bleeping dangerous as you’re potentially bleeping with people’s lives.

The problem is... when you’re unwell you won’t know or care for the traditions, the fellowship, or most importantly (IMO) safeguarding the newcomer, you’re still dishonest and wrapped up in self. There are so many red flags about the whole thing you’re not alone in spotting them. I just hope & pray she links people out to accurate objective resources they can use to seek help.
I think it depends on the person tbh, for example when I broke up with my bf I went totally off the deep end (I.e. drinking vodka from a water bottle ) for months as I was so devastated, I managed to function and hide it for a log time until my parents who I lived with realised and interveneD. I then went totally cold turkey one day to the next and just threw myself into exercise as a distraction and didn’t drink for about 3 months . I now drink normally, but I think my period of insane drinking was situational rather than me having some kind of deep seated issue, but as I said everyone is totally different ofc. I do think it is strange for somehow who admits to being an alcoholic and relapsing/ struggling to admit to never going to meetings ( I have been to them for a couple of other issues and found them so helpful) which leads me to think she didn’t really have a problem

• Heart
Reactions: 11

The Muslim people I know would not allow their children to be vaccinated with a product containing pig.

Vaccines contain animal ingredients bascclly.

I Googled it long ago too lol.

They still aren't vegan.

Lot of people are not vaccinated for many beliefs and reasons. My family included.
They are not compulsory.

Gp have forms to fill out etc
Absolutely but it "boils my piss" that my immunocompromised little cousin who can't have vaccines for medical reasons has to rely on herd immunity and the goodwill that the majority of people are vaccinated, and there's people going around saying they're not vegan when the Vegan society allows them. That is very dangerous indeed.

A friend of mine almost died from measles about 5 years ago. Vaccines and the diseases they protect us from need to be taken seriously.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Why on earth would JM be looking at the plans for Grenfell😲? Does she have a crystal ball?
Yet again using real events and people’s grief to make it all about her.
This is what I thought, the fire started at 1am and then took hold from there. I don‘t imagine anyone involved had time to ask Jack her thoughts about what to do. Maybe from contacts she heard about it but I think like most of the nation she she saw it on the news that morning around what 6am? So her foresight to download the plans the night before is really remarkable bollocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
What she calls creativity just sounds like mania.

200 units a week is the equivalent of 14 cans of lager a day or about 2.5 litres of wine.
I know you can get really cheap alcohol, but even so how would she be able to afford this if she was/ is so poor?!

Reactions: 5
Absolutely but it "boils my piss" that my immunocompromised little cousin who can't have vaccines for medical reasons has to rely on herd immunity and the goodwill that the majority of people are vaccinated, and there's people going around saying they're not vegan. That is very dangerous.

A friend of mine almost died from measles about 5 years ago. Vaccines and the diseases they protect us from need to be taken seriously.

Hey my little boy (my son)

Is immunocompromised and all the other new trendy words other people are only just learning about....
He always has been. He was 3 months early and is disabled. He is not vaccinated. As instructed :)

Reactions: 1
Can I whinge? I'm going to. My partner has just been told he's lost his job. This fucks up, well, every plan we've been making and is a complete blow, especially to him. And I feel like I've handled it exceptionally badly, because it made me so sad for him that I wasn't at all cheering about it on the phone. And he is miles away, and has the car, and I can't drive anyway, because of weird head-spinny-ness, so I can't see him. And now I feel like an idiot and so sad for him. It just all sucks. He has taken blow after blow over the last few years and I just wish the world would stop taking pot-shots at him. Please.
Oh @Flumps I'm so sorry it really sucks I wish I could say something useful other than sending virtual hugs xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It looked like to me that she was a dominatrix of sorts 🦯 ….. and then my husband came up behind so I quickly exited

Omg! I cannot even see her twitter as I cannot work out how to change my settings, but what is it that is such sensitive content ?!

It sounds like it may be more a case of @BootstraponCook if Jack decides to venture onto OnlyFans.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Hey my little boy (my son)

Is immunocompromised and all the other new trendy words other people are only just learning about....
He always has been. He was 3 months early and is disabled. He is not vaccinated. As instructed :)
Fair enough, as my cousin is - not a trendy word for myself or my family either. I know it certainly is a buzzword for the likes of Jack.

The Muslim people I know would not allow their children to be vaccinated with a product containing pig.
The Muslim Council of Britain say that the vaccines are permitted under certain circumstances. Individuals will make their own judgement call, as is their right.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.