Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyway lets not pull out random relatives ala Jack Monroe to bring sensitive emotion to issues. It's trad
Fair enough, as my cousin is - not a trendy word for myself or my family either. I know it certainly is a buzzword for the likes of Jack.

Yes lets not drag out random relatives. Fora crash point.
Either party.

I am sure Jack Jack is vaccinated to save her cousins afro or some other random crap she made up.... 😂

• Angry
Reactions: 5
The Muslim Council of Britain say that the vaccines are permitted under certain circumstances. Individuals will make their own judgement call, as is their right.

Too right it's a personal choice.
Everyone has a go at the medically vulnerable, Muslims and vegans for not vaccinating. But completely accepts the royal family aren't.

Hypocrites

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Too right it's a personal choice.
Everyone has a go at the medically vulnerable, Muslims and vegans for not vaccinating. But completely accepts the royal family aren't.

Hypocrites
Okay, but saying it boils your piss when vegans are vaccinated is bizarre. The Vegan Society say it is fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Okay, but saying it boils your piss when vegans are vaccinated is bizarre. The Vegan Society say it is fine.

But they contain animal derived ingredients
Which isn't vegan.

That's just a fact?

Lots of vegans stick to their beliefs and not what the vegan society website says... Equally if you want to have them that is fine but recognising they aren't vegan is true?

A vaccine is not vegan.

Boiled piss aside.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
But they contain animal derived ingredients
Which isn't vegan.

That's just a fact?

Lots of vegans stick to their beliefs and not what the vegan society website says... Equally if you want to have them that is fine but recognising they aren't vegan is true?

A vaccine is not vegan.

Boiled piss aside.
You literally said it "Boils my piss when "vegans" say they've had all the vaccines."

You also said it should be a personal choice in a different post. So why are you having a go at other vegan's choices when this is a medical issue?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I really didn’t know what was in vaccines, so the idea that they contain animal products is interesting. I can see both sides of discussion, it is an interesting debate.

However, if we don’t get back to Jack who knows what images will appear on twatter. The suggestion of Bootstrapon is already out there.....

Do we know who her guest is this week?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I really didn’t know what was in vaccines, so the idea that they contain animal products is interesting. I can see both sides of discussion, it is an interesting debate.

However, if we don’t get back to Jack who knows what images will appear on twatter. The suggestion of Bootstrapon is already out there.....

She didn't mention having a guest i don't think

Xxx

• Wow
How great would it be if those with kids under 12 didnt get housed in tower blocks lol. Theres tit loads where I am. They cant build out, so they build up. I know of quite a few families in tower blocks. Including a single mother with arthritis & 2 young children living on the top floor with no lift.
Yep. Everything. No leather, only cruelty-free cosmetics and household stuff, etc. Being vegan isn't just about food.
Exactly. The important thing to vegans is not to cause harm as far as possible to any sentient beings. It's actually nothing to do with food in itself. Not eating meat or wearing wool or drinking milk is just a consequence of not doing harm. Sadly, the likes of Jack seem to think it's about eating avocadoes and drinking coffee with coconut milk.
In my experience, most long term vegans are actively striving to be a positive force in the world and very aware that they are still causing a level of harm merely by existing. It's a philosophical stance you take, and while no one is perfect, it's insulting to pick and choose.
Btw, I know vegans who fall off the wagon occasionally because of eating disorders. I would never in a million years judge them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
200 units a week is such bullshit. That would mean a full bottle of vodka every single day! Or 3 bottles of wine every single day. I just refuse to believe that a small woman can drink that much and function normally in any meaningful way. Surely it would take years and years to get to that level of tolerance?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I have no direct experience of alcoholism, unless you count getting pissed up in a friend's garden.
I think it depends , as I’ve said here before I went though a period of alcoholism and at times was having a bottle of vodka a day tbh, the issue for me is the financial one tbh, I was living at home with no rent /bills/ dependents and even so was expensive

Reactions: 5

I hesitate to say it, but something tells me these guests have not been lined up too far in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember jack saying she had to stop being a vegan for health needs.

Who knows maybe alongside deep throating cheap hot dogs she was referring to vaccines.

I hesitate to say it, but something tells me these guests have not been lined up too far in advance.

Or they are dropping out because of how awful the previous episodes have been

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I don't know which is worse, being "interviewed" by Jack in the Hellmanns live "chaos", or then being a photo on the wall for when she does her next sexy kitchen photo shoot. Ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Absolutely but it "boils my piss" that my immunocompromised little cousin who can't have vaccines for medical reasons has to rely on herd immunity and the goodwill that the majority of people are vaccinated, and there's people going around saying they're not vegan when the Vegan society allows them. That is very dangerous indeed.

A friend of mine almost died from measles about 5 years ago. Vaccines and the diseases they protect us from need to be taken seriously.
I agree with you 100% and I'm vegan. I want to cause no harm, that includes no harm to humans. Gelatin and egg is used in vaccines because it's plentiful and cheap. I disagree with using animal products, but I'd much rather campaign for vaccines that don't contain animal products than not having my kids vaccinated.
As vegans, we make compromise all the time. I eat grains. Many small mammals and birds die during the harvest. To me, that is acceptable because I need to eat something and no one actively set out to kill these animals. There's a clear moral difference to me. Being vegan is not a purity cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Guys I really don't have time to watch another Lord of the Rings instalment to deflect my bitter-divorce-induced childhood trauma today, so if we can not break up over vaccines I'd be super grateful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
But JM has to jump on the populist bandwagon to gain validation of her white saviour status. She worked for the fire service, for a couple of years (answering the phones for fucks sake) so she is an expert. Don't bother with an enquiry, just ask her, she knows everything about it. She's even got a copy of the plans, which I am sure she has a full understanding of too.
It’s this quote that’s has stuck with me regarding Jack and Grenfell. I think it beautifully illustrates your point above.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I agree with you 100% and I'm vegan. I want to cause no harm, that includes no harm to humans. Gelatin and egg is used in vaccines because it's plentiful and cheap. I disagree with using animal products, but I'd much rather campaign for vaccines that don't contain animal products than not having my kids vaccinated.
As vegans, we make compromise all the time. I eat grains. Many small mammals and birds die during the harvest. To me, that is acceptable because I need to eat something and no one actively set out to kill these animals. There's a clear moral difference to me. Being vegan is not a purity cult.

Hopefully they'll invest in more into creating ethical vaccines one day.
And vegans wont have to use animal ingredient vaccines.

The amount of judgement people who decide not to vaccinate for their beliefs etc is colossal.
Bar the royal family.

Piss boiling everywhere.
Probably another bladder infection.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I remember jack saying she had to stop being a vegan for health needs.

Who knows maybe alongside deep throating cheap hot dogs she was referring to vaccines.

Or they are dropping out because of how awful the previous episodes have been
That thought crossed my mind, but it does make all of them seem great in comparison. I think lots of chefs would be angry about the whole That Man thing tbh, the chef world seems to be quite small and connected

Hopefully they'll invest in more into creating ethical vaccines one day.
And vegans wont have to use animal ingredient vaccines.

The amount of judgement people who decide not to vaccinate for their beliefs etc is colossal.
Bar the royal family.

Piss boiling everywhere.
Probably another bladder infection.
Oh, don't worry. I judge the royal family harshly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
......... Anyway.

Is jack making those greaseball bite size burgers?
For the kids installation of crapdown larder ?
Or did she decide against something healthier?

Oh, don't worry. I judge the royal family harshly.

Meh and I judge faux vegans deeply. 😂😉

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.