Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for asking but how long was she in the fire service for, was it as a firefighter or in the back office and has she ever said why she left?

To say she is only 32 I think she has achieved quite a lot

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh my goodness. 24hrs of no internet (thanks to an ancient powerboard my mother was insisting on keeping, shorting certain circuits including the fridge/freezer, but thankfully not the fans) and what a lot to take in!

I'm just going to say, she lies so much, she totally turns everything to 'me Jack.', she totally edits her pics. My head is spinning at her weirdness, but I feel like a lot of you need squishy hugs right now

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can I whinge? I'm going to. My partner has just been told he's lost his job. This fucks up, well, every plan we've been making and is a complete blow, especially to him. And I feel like I've handled it exceptionally badly, because it made me so sad for him that I wasn't at all cheering about it on the phone. And he is miles away, and has the car, and I can't drive anyway, because of weird head-spinny-ness, so I can't see him. And now I feel like an idiot and so sad for him. It just all sucks. He has taken blow after blow over the last few years and I just wish the world would stop taking pot-shots at him. Please.
@Flumps that’s awful. I think it’s a sign of the economic times now, more and more people are being made redundant because of the c-word and there will be a lot of unexpected ones.

Your reaction was your natural reaction and I’m pretty sure that one day this will stop and he’ll find his forever role. I like to think this is just fates way of saying he will to go onto bigger and better things.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry for asking but how long was she in the fire service for, was it as a firefighter or in the back office and has she ever said why she left?

To say she is only 32 I think she has achieved quite a lot

About 20 minutes answering the phones before getting knocked up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Jack's insistence on inserting herself into any narrative about the fire service after working as a call handler for about six weeks a decade ago is akin to me offering my opinions on retail as though I'm Mary bleeping Portas because I worked on the tills at Asda one Christmas circa 2008.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Can I whinge? I'm going to. My partner has just been told he's lost his job. This fucks up, well, every plan we've been making and is a complete blow, especially to him. And I feel like I've handled it exceptionally badly, because it made me so sad for him that I wasn't at all cheering about it on the phone. And he is miles away, and has the car, and I can't drive anyway, because of weird head-spinny-ness, so I can't see him. And now I feel like an idiot and so sad for him. It just all sucks. He has taken blow after blow over the last few years and I just wish the world would stop taking pot-shots at him. Please.
That’s a shitter, Flumps. Times are very tough right now, and I’m sorry your partner has taken a blow.
I hope he can find another job. It must be hard being a distance away from each other. Try not to worry about how you were on the phone - you can always amend what you say when you talk later on. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The vegan thing? Has she ever been vegan? Even Vege? One minute it's vegan this and vegan that then she's shoving hot dog sausages out of a tin down her gob as fast as she can! I'm abit on/ off vegan but then I'm not in the public eye! If your gonna fall off the wagon at least do it in style and have KFC or a steak!!!

Reactions: 7
@Flumps that’s awful. I think it’s a sign of the economic times now, more and more people are being made redundant because of the c-word and there will be a lot of unexpected ones.

Your reaction was your natural reaction and I’m pretty sure that one day this will stop and he’ll find his forever role. I like to think this is just fates way of saying he will to go onto bigger and better things.
Thanks all. x
He did rather hate the job, but, like so many people now, we live on the edge of affordability all the time, so this is a, ummm, challenge.

<goes back to doing all the finance jobs she should have done ages ago>

• Heart
sorry to hear that Flumps, it really sucks. Better to show your genuine reaction than put on a fake happy front. Sounds like a really rough time for you both and I hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Reactions: 8
There’s no way I could ever tolerate that level of alcohol. I’m five foot two.

Even if I were drinking far too much I would feel dreadful on one bottle of wine a night.

I don’t feel great on six units at a time. That’s two large glasses of wine around 11 per cent volume.

If I drank a bottle of gin a night I would feel very ill. I wouldn’t be able to function at all. Lots of people aren’t actually alcoholic. They are problematic and binge drinkers. I know there are people that can’t drink at all without it being very problematic but some people can and do go through spells of drinking way too much and then can return to more normal patterns of drinking.

That is an awful lot of booze to be drinking over a long period of time with no withdrawals and no lasting effects.

Reactions: 5
The vegan thing? Has she ever been vegan? Even Vege? One minute it's vegan this and vegan that then she's shoving hot dog sausages out of a tin down her gob as fast as she can! I'm abit on/ off vegan but then I'm not in the public eye! If your gonna fall off the wagon at least do it in style and have KFC or a steak!!!

She was never vegan. She *might* have had a plant-based diet for a couple of days but she was never vegan.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
A difficult personal experience which leads to intense media interest...
Writes about her hard life to much acclaim...
Dips her toe into TV presenting...
Dabbles in humanitarianism...
Failed relationship with wealthy older lover ...
Expresses interest in veganism...

Heather Mills was quite the character, wasn’t she? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 28
View attachment 154282
she’s not wrong (the pic was the gov pretending to give a tit about grenfell, I muted them hence the unavailable), but why is it always about her. Give it a rest you bellend.
Yet more lies, so many articles were published about corporate manslaughter, ridiculous. And we all know if she’d been volunteering she’d have been posting fotos all over social media

Reactions: 6
She was never vegan. She *might* have had a plant-based diet for a couple of days but she was never vegan.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but if you are vegan then does the principle not apply that you also need to be vegan in your whole lifestyle and not just what you eat? So clothing, cleaning products, all that?

My fellow haus frau, I can now predict the future! Ok I know she is quite predictable and never fails us 😂View attachment 154306

Jack give it a bleeping rest!
She downloaded the building plans and went onto the site the next day for what exactly?? This reminds me so much of the whole Redcar saga 🙄

Reactions: 15
Ahhh that's just tit. I'm really sorry to hear this, it's such a bloody crappy time right now. Sending you big hugs and I hope once all this is over he finds a job he loves. Stay strong love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
200 units a week is such bullshit. That would mean a full bottle of vodka every single day! Or 3 bottles of wine every single day. I just refuse to believe that a small woman can drink that much and function normally in any meaningful way. Surely it would take years and years to get to that level of tolerance?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I have no direct experience of alcoholism, unless you count getting pissed up in a friend's garden.
My mum's a functioning alcoholic and she easily drinks 3+ bottles of wine a night, however she is also morbidly obese and has been drinking heavily daily for at least 35 years.
So whilst it is possible to consume that much, I'd be surprised if Jack is.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Also correct me if I'm wrong but if you are vegan then does the principle not apply that you also need to be vegan in your whole lifestyle and not just what you eat? So clothing, cleaning products, all that?
Yep. Everything. No leather, only cruelty-free cosmetics and household stuff, etc. Being vegan isn't just about food.

Reactions: 14
The desperation is excruciating. As to what is triggering that desperation, who knows. But I do think her “cooking” career is dead in the water at this point. The tin can thing was all well and good (albeit not original) when she did it 10 years ago but things in the food world have moved on a lot since then and her stuff is now a bit old hat. She has not moved on at all. People these days are much more clued up about fresh, healthy food. She’s made an absolute horlicks of her latest TV gigs, and yet there are so many brilliant food bloggers out there who are turning out fantastic content and beautiful appetising-looking food with minimal fuss and effort. She’s had so many opportunities (why??? it’s baffling - although I expect her Groucho contacts may have come in handy) when many much more talented cooks have missed out.
God know what Hellmann’s make of it. They’ve given her (allegedly) 5 figures, but obviously have had to send a team into prop her up (this will have been at an additional cost to them), and yet she’s pulling in under 200 viewers. I can’t imagine they’re as amused by the “I did a chaos!” thing as she appears to be.
It’s fine she’s now moving on to writing about blm/ politics , remember?

You only write ‘the smile is fake’ if you want the usual Facebook response of ‘aw what’s up hun’. For Jack to then reply ‘not writing it on ere. PM me bbz too many cabals of trolls out there’

It’s the definition of attention seeking. She’s a mess, god knows what any partnerships are going to think of this latest attention seeking outburst.
She is like an emo 14 year old, from her behaviour I’d never guess she was just a year younger than me

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.