Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So my partner subsribes to a musician's Patreon and he gets access to exclusive music videos and songs - to me that's what a Patreon should be for! Paying for a service of someone you want to support. Not just a begging bowl!

I know the latter bit of your question wasnt to me but I love the Vivera plant based meats if you want an alt. Their mince, bacon bits, kebab meat and chicken bits are particularly good! Available at Tesco.
Exactly this - if you sign up to someone’s Patreon you expect exclusive content at least. I think Jack said she’d send people monthly postcards or something, but what are the odds of her having actually sent these out? (She does seem to have a problem with posting things.)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Vegetarian who eats very little dairy here, when my Mum declared we were going vegetarian in the 80’s we used to have Sosmix, if anyone remembers that? I’m the only one still veggie in my family now but I hate the texture of meat so my faux meat products need to as non real meat like as possible. I’ve noticed there are so many meat free products now that just cater for people who want to eat less meat and so are very ‘meaty’ in look and texture, it makes me want to hurl just looking at them 😂

Anyway, back to Jack...
I remember sosmix! My mum used to do a cooked breakfast on Sundays with sosmix patties. There's a blast from the past.

@Saturn it's horrific isn't it, that poor girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember sosmix! My mum used to do a cooked breakfast on Sundays with sosmix patties. There's a blast from the past.
Oh God all aboard the Moglits Emotional Express but the word ‘sosmix’ made me feel strangely weepy! It’s so childlike!

I’m off to bloody bed x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg Sosmix - I've had a Proustian rush reminding me of the very early days of being with my ex husband. That and Barleycup. And Clothkits.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly this - if you sign up to someone’s Patreon you expect exclusive content at least. I think Jack said she’d send people monthly postcards or something, but what are the odds of her having actually sent these out? (She does seem to have a problem with posting things.)
Yes exactly. Admittedly I do pay to a patreon that I don’t get a ‘reward’ for but it’s because I got hours of entertainment for the freely available content produced and I believe in the creator paying his collaborators (it’s an arts/comedy project so during lockdown this was worthwhile to me to be supporting people who had had their income hugely decreased). Maybe for the people paying £4 a month they value what they get in a similar way but I’m confused how!

Reactions: 5
Good evening Cabal.
I've finally been allowed out of my shielding and went to....B AND Q!!!! I know, you're all jealous 🤣🤣🤣🤣 This really is a new world for me. Nearly 14 weeks in my house and I actually put shoes on today!!! The weird queuing and seeing people at a distance will grow on me I suppose....
Anyhoo, because of my exciting outing (I was as excited as i was when i went to Disneyland) I've had an afternoon of catching up on here and 2 things stick out for me ..
First, I really need to see Midsommar. I was in 2 minds but you've all convinced me. Is it on Netflix?

Secondly..Celebrity get me out of here.. JM wouldn't last a week. Apologies for the name drop, but I know Michael Beurk. Only through work, he does a lot of corporate videos and appearances. I have to arrange/set up events for my employer so deal with 'famous' people and their agents (i admit I'm stretching the word famous....)
Mr Beurk is actually really lovely. Very professional but very approachable. My boss once very embarrassingly asked about 'I'm a celebrity'
He didn't hold back...let rip about Edwina Currie 'complete bleep' the food 'i prayed for dysentry' the thing he said the most awful was how boring it all was. He nearly walked out several times because of the boredom. He said that his fee went mostly to the taxman and the rest on new windows for his house.
Can you imagine JM in the jungle? She'd whinge and witch and duck up the food. If the boredom is that bad, can you imagine being stuck with someone like her. Ugh.
Also, whatever pennies she got (i doubt she'd get a very high fee) would (as above mentioned) mostly go to the taxman. Bet she'd still have a tip jar...

That must have been amazing to get out!!

ETA: @MooBelle I’m not suggesting you’re an old man and that’s why you were shielding!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I called this ages ago - chicken nuggets/dippers/strips.

Or Halloumi. For the vegetarians (as long as you check it isn't made with rennet).

[Drumroll] We have a cup of freshly picked raspberries from the garden. Found them hiding under the feral Chard whilst trying to persuade the Fluffy Git that my runner bean leaves are not a healthy snack for the discerning feline and sending snails for a shorthaul flight from the lettuces to the back of the shed. Once they've been soaked long enough to encourage any microscopic lifeforms off them, they're getting crushed, possibly sieved and mixed with some honey (as Mr Dragon is a fussy git sometimes) and swirled together with some reduced to clear Nectarines in Kefir for pudding this evening.
They got sieved, mixed with honey and a sprig of Thyme, then warmed through in the microwave with the Nectarine pieces, then deposited in a scarlet puddle on the Kefir.

Mr Dragon demolished his, which is very unusual for him. But it reminded him of the breakfast I cobbled together after his first night staying here [cough] years ago (first flush of good sex love and all that) - peaches, apple, banana, cherries from the tree out the back, plus some edible flowers and mint leaves, yoghurt. Kept the one night stand coming back, that did.

I bought bacon the next weekend.

Never did really manage to get rid of him after that...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve never thought of using kefir in a accompaniment type of way, just as a drink- do you make your own? I’m really tempted but it feels scary like I might poison myself!

Reactions: 2
They got sieved, mixed with honey and a sprig of Thyme, then warmed through in the microwave with the Nectarine pieces, then deposited in a scarlet puddle on the Kefir.

Mr Dragon demolished his, which is very unusual for him. But it reminded him of the breakfast I cobbled together after his first night staying here [cough] years ago (first flush of good sex love and all that) - peaches, apple, banana, cherries from the tree out the back, plus some edible flowers and mint leaves, yoghurt. Kept the one night stand coming back, that did.

I bought bacon the next weekend.

Never did really manage to get rid of him after that...
sounds lovely, Dragon, but I think it may have been missing some plastic rainbows choking hazards n tit

1592170557790.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
4A69802E-F105-4DDD-9F59-8F9378E7DD4F.jpeg

she’s not wrong (the pic was the gov pretending to give a tit about grenfell, I muted them hence the unavailable), but why is it always about her. Give it a rest you bellend.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Oh, she's off on the Grenfell stuff now.

Don't disagree with anything she said about it - but was the 'I was a fire controller, I worked on the ground, I wrote an article that the newspaper lawyers skewered' stuff necessary, or just trying to gain applause points? The latter, of ccourse.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Well you can’t say this wasn’t coming.

Typical Jack, pick a subject, take the side pretty much the whole country agrees with and then add in a few comments about how great she is.

Cue a fucktonne of arse crawling replies about how great she is. Is it the truth she was on the ground during Grenfell? Ex fire control is irrelevant, she’s a dick and a narcissist. One of the traits is turning it all about yourself.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
23C064DE-41B0-41CE-9827-001EBE168354.jpeg

I just laughed up a lung. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Well you can’t say this wasn’t coming.

Typical Jack, pick a subject, take the side pretty much the whole country agrees with and then add in a few comments about how great she is.

Cue a fucktonne of arse crawling replies about how great she is. Is it the truth she was on the ground during Grenfell? Ex fire control is irrelevant, she’s a dick and a narcissist. One of the traits is turning it all about yourself.
She got the train up there. Offered to help. Can’t fault that whatsoever but as you say it’s the polishing her halo as she does it.

It reminds me of when she took SB to a memorial for Jo Cox and he stood there looking bewildered, little lamb. Breaking my own rules about mentioning him though.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
View attachment 154284
I just laughed up a lung. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She got the train up there. Offered to help. Can’t fault that whatsoever but as you say it’s the polishing her halo as she does it.
She could have just missed the middle tweet out. This is the sort of stuff that makes her an attention seeking narcissist. It always comes back to jack and how great Jack is.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My god she is insufferable. And what does she mean "I did politics"? She's making it sound like she was in local government or something. Making noise on Twitter and writing a blog about yourself does not count as you 'doing' politics.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Oh, she's off on the Grenfell stuff now.

Don't disagree with anything she said about it - but was the 'I was a fire controller, I worked on the ground, I wrote an article that the newspaper lawyers skewered' stuff necessary, or just trying to gain applause points? The latter, of ccourse.
Must be about the first time she's actually made it clear that she worked as a Fire Control Operator (as Essex Fire & Rescue Service call it on their website - Fire Controller sounds much more senior and 'on the ground' to me, coming from a military perspective) rather than hinting at more "in the Fire Service".

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.