Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 153493

To be honest? No.

PS this, er, brilliant recipe idea has been up for a shorter time than the "sexy" pics, and has more likes. Jack, the people have spoken: a double layer of burger cheese is more appealing than your skanky old sports bra.
I have never read a recipe that listed 'fat' as an ingredient.

Maybe she meant to write 'meat, fat, vegetables, dairy, wheat, seeds', just to clarify that all ingredients can in fact be substituted.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Re the pics, if you haven’t got anything nice to say 🤐 I don’t think she looks *thin* at all though, unless she’d gained a good few pounds? Rocking the nana Sloggi’s.

IMO a partner who can’t/won’t cook is a bloody hindrance. It’s a major bugbear for me. Mine will cook biannually and even then it’s only what could be described as ‘canteen food’. But with the carry-on you’d think it was Michelin star cuisine. And don’t get me started on the mess after 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Less likely to say 'What the duck is this supposed to be?'

There isn't much more soul destroying than to come home with loads of lovely ingredients, looking forward to some relaxing cooking at the weekend after your high profile and pay job has meant you've barely had time to grab a sandwich, only to get up at 9am to find somebody insists upon doing the cooking 'because it's MY job' and then proceeds to massacre everything because they got bored and wandered off halfway through, didn't bother cooking half the ingredients and has left the kitchen in such a state that you can't get in there to make a cuppa and if you could, you'd have to climb over three fridges and two sideboards to get to the milk.
I do pity Louisa having to put up with those dreadful looking “breakfast bowl” things. Good grief. And can you imagine the histrionics if she failed to give Jack the expected amount of fulsome compliments. And Louisa (unlike Jack) has a serious and stressful grown/up job - having to deal with the drama at home after a day at the office must have done her head in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
She’s not even remotely vegan. Her latest recipes are hardcore meat - pork crackling, sausages, burgers. Sausage sandwiches day after day. She eats more meat than I do (and I’m a bog standard omnivore).

Even photoshopped, those pics are extremely grotty. Maybe that’s what she was going for, but ... 😕🤢
She was talking about haggis too earlier. The screams from the abbatoir must have quietened.

ps, no judgment on meat eaters. 🍗🐓🐖🐑

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Imagine writing preachy articles about the conditions animals face in abattoirs and making money from releasing a vegan cookbook, and then shamelessly posting a recipe idea for deep fried flesh balls.

Only Jack.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
She’s posting this is going to be on the insta show on Tuesday
“Teased”. Does that mean actually cooked, or will it be her usual thing of chucking a few things together (without explanation) and then completely forgetting about them.

“Teased”. Does that mean actually cooked, or will it be her usual thing of chucking a few things together (without explanation) and then completely forgetting about them.
Or, for that matter, will it be like when she “teased” her recipe for vegan crackling, telling everyone that it would be in the book - her veganish one I think - and then as it turned out it wasn’t in the book after all. (Cue quite a few rather pissed off people who’d bought the book on that premise. But did Jack give a duck? Of course not.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Imagine writing preachy articles about the conditions animals face in abattoirs and making money from releasing a vegan cookbook, and then shamelessly posting a recipe idea for deep fried flesh balls.

Only Jack.
It’s quite horrible and cynical when you put it like that.

Just waiting for the day she becomes the first was a vegan once to land on Mars, after all she seems to have done everything else.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd she knew it, she bloody knew I had got lost in the Susie Verrill thread and posted those pics. I recover from Zoom pop quiz hangover and read about SJ, walk the dog, tidy up, eat Salt and ChillI squid takeaway and settle down. FML I had to Grunka Lunka like nobody’s business. Phew!

I would not usually body shame, so instead will focus on the garments. What the heck, she looks manky! You’ve all said it funnier than me, but I’m truly shocked. She needs help, that is just not right!

@Begborrowsteal so sorry you had to hear what you did, but hope you can hug your kids and realise you are moving on to better things ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
She’s posting this is going to be on the insta show on Tuesday
Hmm. I’m sure someone in here said that her followers/brainless acolytes were “enablers”. But she’s not been here for 7 weeks right? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You know the cafe on The Apprentice they go to when they are on the losing team?

All she needs is a striped blue and white apron and she has the exact grotty look I would associate with some ex con reinventing themselves in a greasy spoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You know the cafe on The Apprentice they go to when they are on the losing team?

All she needs is a striped blue and white apron and she has the exact grotty look I would associate with some ex con reinventing themselves in a greasy spoon.
Although I’m not sure her cooking would be up to their standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Although I’m not sure her cooking would be up to their standards.
I dunno like, those cheeseburger heart attack balls sound like something an ex-con trying to impress would love.

I thought after JO and his school meals thingy, that the focus is on children eating healthily during school and therefore during lockdown. I can’t wait to see how JM propositions heart attack balls as children’s food.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.