Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has nobody else on the Internet noticed her tirade of abuse about Jamie Oliver? She’s like some bitter ex or something - she can’t keep any goodwill up for long, and turns back to nasty abuse when riled. Whatever anyone thinks of Jamie, he’s done more for the vulnerable of this country in terms of food and eating habits, than she keeps pretending to have done. He’s made a tonne of money, but he has managed to consistently campaign for change to the way people supply, eat, and grow food for years without making himself into a sad little victim. That’s why Jack is so incredibly bitter, because he’s done more, and he seems to actually be happy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Only Pans has a basis: a sleb chef offers a video call where you cook along with them. Wouldn't work for Jack, as she would rarely turn up and if she did there would be salmonella from raw chicken. I use sleb to mean anyone remotely famous on Twitter or Insta.

Valentine's Day card: my guess it was from SB or her dad. I'll.sound judgemental, but I don't believe you should send them to family. It's creepy to me.

And HTRIA, I look forward to the update in March. The grift is real. Also, great interview on Colin Murray pod with the hubby!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Good gravy, that recipe is horrifying. Does this person not have functioning taste buds???

(Hi! I’m new here!)
Hi and hello! What brought you here? We always like to know when the scales from all the fish fell from peoples eyes regarding our smol pixie...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Has nobody else on the Internet noticed her tirade of abuse about Jamie Oliver? She’s like some bitter ex or something - she can’t keep any goodwill up for long, and turns back to nasty abuse when riled. Whatever anyone thinks of Jamie, he’s done more for the vulnerable of this country in terms of food and eating habits, than she keeps pretending to have done. He’s made a tonne of money, but he has managed to consistently campaign for change to the way people supply, eat, and grow food for years without making himself into a sad little victim. That’s why Jack is so incredibly bitter, because he’s done more, and he seems to actually be happy.
AND his recipes taste nice.... even if they don't take 15 minutes, there's no rinsing of tinned meats or beans...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Would Jack not have been paid for her Mirror guest column bit?

Also; she really has pissed away all that sub and interview money already. She's a disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Screenshot_20220218-203024_Twitter.jpg

Thing is, squig, she makes a living. A very good one, at that, for doing the very occasional bit of work and spending the rest of her time leeching off the followers she dupes into believing she's working 80 hour unpaid working weeks. She earns more through Patreon alone than many people get for doing full time jobs, gives her donors nothing in return, lives a life of luxury yet somehow can't pay her rent. Can you honestly say this adds up at all?

But I'm not sure why I'm bothering to explain, considering you're a trainee grifter who's desperate for their own thread on here and is probably hoping the Panhandler Queen throws you a bone at some point.

At least there's always someone who sees through the grift:

Screenshot_20220218-203057_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
Also have to share these, because she's pissed me off with her Friday night beg and I'm feeling petty:

Screenshot_20220218-202856_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-202950_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 116
Is there anything more to Jack’s hatred of JO than him getting the C4 lockdown cooking show? It seems odd how she fawns over the overtly posho Nigella, who as far as I know hasn’t been involved in any kind of food campaigning, yet hates Jamie, whose background is much closer to hers and who has actually achieved some good.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Jack, Jack, Jack. No one gives a hoot about creators using crowdfunding to support their work. I donate regularly to people who do stuff I enjoy and have been known to kick in a one off donation where I've particularly enjoyed an article by someone I don't regularly support. The problem I have is with you is that you promise so much and deliver very little. Worse than that many squigs seem to think donating to you helps the poor when it does nothing of the kind. If you can make a living flogging recipes for foul slurry, then good for you. It's the lying I can't stand.

I have spent most of my career working with people who have duck all and am in a state of permaraging despair at the lack of attention given to poverty and the way they're spoken down to, demonised and locked out of influencing solutions to their own problems. When I see a useless grifter like Jack monetising her childish family drama whilst claiming to help people it enrages me. I work with people all the time who constantly talk themselves down and have no clue how brilliant and skilled they are because they don't get the chance to make the most of themselves and quite often their skills lie in stuff like caring or manual work that society as a whole doesn't value- failing to realise we'd be fucked without those skills. I really wish my clients could monetise things like caring for their elderly parents or disabled children or doing odd jobs or volunteering in their community the way Jack has monetised her bleeping endless passive aggressive tantrum at her mum and dad because then they'd be able to treat themselves and frankly their daily anecdotes and jokes would be far more interesting that Jack's rotten shitting arse.

Somewhere out there in an alternative universe there is a Jack who when fame came a knocking realised what a gift she'd been handed and set about learning real campaigning skills, good basic cooking skills and learned from her mistakes. I believe she's making a great living from her budget cookery books and shows and has highlighted many important issues whilst working in partnership with a range of campaigning charities. Is there any chance we could swap our Jack for Good Jack?
Yes!!! I usually hope Jack doesn’t read here, for her own sake, but I really hope she reads this. There’s no disputing anything you‘ve said, and you would hope it would make her rethink some things. Unfortunately that would only be the alternative universe Jack.

Without wanting to go too off topic, I 100% agree about how people who do caring and manual work deserve so much more. The lack of respect and recognition alone is so wrong. I wish Jack would think about people in those roles next time she says “tweeting doesn’t pay the bills” 😣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Hello,

I look like I’m new here, I’m not. I was a regular on these threads until a few weeks ago but Jack put me in such a rage I deleted my account (ECDB)
Anyway, I had a lurk today and couldn’t resist logging in, so had to make a new one in to highlight this little cracker for any fraus that might not have spotted it…
Ooh I am very, very tempted!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is there anything more to Jack’s hatred of JO than him getting the C4 lockdown cooking show? It seems odd how she fawns over the overtly posho Nigella, who as far as I know hasn’t been involved in any kind of food campaigning, yet hates Jamie, whose background is much closer to hers and who has actually achieved some good.
I think she appeared on his YouTube channel once and was never asked back because his whole thing is trying to get ordinary people cooking decent food and she's a baw hair off frying her own tit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Why does she harp on about the totally free recipes on her defunct website? The Internet is full of websites with free recipes. I follow some fab Instagram accounts with tons of free recipes. If you look closely on some websites you find there is a way of contributing if you want but the people aren't shouting about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I don't think it's just the lockdown show, I think it's jealousy all round. She doesn't like seeing others campaign successfully, which is why she never supports others' campaigns in any way, even when they align with her supposed causes. She hates the fact that he's male, successful and now more well off than she'll ever be. He left school with less GCSEs than Jack did but has done 1000 times better. She hates seeing others do well basically. 🤷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
These threads deterred her more blatant poverty display and lies for a while but it seems that she is now back to thinking that she is invincible and unaccountable. All the blatant lies - the £34 in the account, having to wear boots that are falling apart, the arthirtis stuff- and the begging and scamming is back on full display and now she's confident enough to take aim at JO again. Which is where these threads all started. Bit depressing but hey, maybe we'll get another DKL out of it for the laughs

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Hello,

I look like I’m new here, I’m not. I was a regular on these threads until a few weeks ago but Jack put me in such a rage I deleted my account (ECDB)
Anyway, I had a lurk today and couldn’t resist logging in, so had to make a new one in to highlight this little cracker for any fraus that might not have spotted it…
Just went on their site to check out the data module(s) and there doesn’t appear to be a dedicated module on it?? Which is a shame but not surprising seeing as no journo can even use Google or companies house beta. Maybe Louisa could make use of the Patreon tracking script/database/analysis for her lil course x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I do wonder if all the idiots who fawn over her are people who have ...no one in their lives to love, so they give attention to Jack. That makes the begging even worse. Her "fans" are vulnerable arseholes

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.