Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have two loft hatches, fancy! Only because our original one was a pain to get so we made one easy to get too with the intent to close up the other one( HA)

We use or loft for storage, and it's not close with anything other than a standard loft lock. 🤷🤷🤷

Shite spout is back!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m no writer, I can’t punctuate any better than Jackastory can! But I’m about ready to do my own in-depth article! Fgs, why isn’t anyone calling her out on this bollocks?
Where do you think would even accept the pitch, dear Fraus?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Never known someone so brazen! I may have moved beyond anger as I have complete contempt for anyone who thinks it's OK to operate like this.

It's "Always forget" "rarely" "sheepishly" whenever she rattles. I knew she'd manage to shoehorn in some public begging today. People have genuinely suffered loss and damage today. Her loft hatch moves and her cat's fur gets fluffed and the soft sods pay up. Not sure whether to laugh, cry or rip a radiator off the wall. 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I was never a jack recipe fan but originally thought she was sorta sound on politics etc .in fact I posted a guardian article of hers on Facebook once...when I Daniel Blake came out. ( was shortly after that I started seeing some criticism of her). So in some sort of weird sense of solidarity or duty or somesuch misguided thing I thought I ought to try and like her food, especially as others raved so much about her.

So each book I dutifully got from the library and each book I realised had NOTHING in that I hadn't got in a hundred other books except her version was a ruin.Still I persisted....till I reached peach and chickpea curry.I cooked it, I ,ate it, small boys ate it. Yummy we will have that again I thought.Then I looked at the recipe again. I had tripled the amount of chickpeas, halved the peaches , added 2 extra cloves of garlic, a big squirt of tomato puree ,chucked in a tin of coconut milk and finally...... added half a jar of pataks curry paste.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I’m sure one of the issues with work was it was a huge distance away and she couldn’t drive there because of roundabouts. No explanation about how she had previously managed though.

Is there another U.K. celeb/tv presenter who spends so much bleeping time begging for money.

• Angry
Reactions: 43
Ugh. Too short.
Jack, Jack, Jack. No one gives a hoot about creators using crowdfunding to support their work. I donate regularly to people who do stuff I enjoy and have been known to kick in a one off donation where I've particularly enjoyed an article by someone I don't regularly support. The problem I have is with you is that you promise so much and deliver very little. Worse than that many squigs seem to think donating to you helps the poor when it does nothing of the kind. If you can make a living flogging recipes for foul slurry, then good for you. It's the lying I can't stand.

I have spent most of my career working with people who have duck all and am in a state of permaraging despair at the lack of attention given to poverty and the way they're spoken down to, demonised and locked out of influencing solutions to their own problems. When I see a useless grifter like Jack monetising her childish family drama whilst claiming to help people it enrages me. I work with people all the time who constantly talk themselves down and have no clue how brilliant and skilled they are because they don't get the chance to make the most of themselves and quite often their skills lie in stuff like caring or manual work that society as a whole doesn't value- failing to realise we'd be fucked without those skills. I really wish my clients could monetise things like caring for their elderly parents or disabled children or doing odd jobs or volunteering in their community the way Jack has monetised her bleeping endless passive aggressive tantrum at her mum and dad because then they'd be able to treat themselves and frankly their daily anecdotes and jokes would be far more interesting that Jack's rotten shitting arse.

Somewhere out there in an alternative universe there is a Jack who when fame came a knocking realised what a gift she'd been handed and set about learning real campaigning skills, good basic cooking skills and learned from her mistakes. I believe she's making a great living from her budget cookery books and shows and has highlighted many important issues whilst working in partnership with a range of campaigning charities. Is there any chance we could swap our Jack for Good Jack?

• Heart
Reactions: 80
I’m no writer, I can’t punctuate any better than Jackastory can! But I’m about ready to do my own in-depth article! Fgs, why isn’t anyone calling her out on this bollocks?
Hello,

I look like I’m new here, I’m not. I was a regular on these threads until a few weeks ago but Jack put me in such a rage I deleted my account (ECDB)
Anyway, I had a lurk today and couldn’t resist logging in, so had to make a new one in to highlight this little cracker for any fraus that might not have spotted it…

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I see that the court case for people on legacy benefits has not went in their favour . Why don't you tweet how angry you are about it Jack and see if you go viral and make it more about you again .
Sending hugs to manc 🐝 who was actually one of the EXCLUDED from Rish mates £20 uplift and any other affected cabaliers

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.