Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This heart-warming dish will be beneficial if you have fleas, dear heart, as it contains 6 fat cloves of garlic.
It also has pet mince from a local butcher for 1€ a kilo as I understand what nose to tail meat eating means. Enjoy! 👨‍🍳
Meh: there's an episode of Friends wherein Joey enjoys Rachel's badly made trifle... And in that vein "I like it" ignorance is bliss, as with 5p sausages apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Easy enough to check insulation, those who know the address can look up the EPC which is a requirement for renting...I think it's been one since she's been in that place. Or is that getting too stalkery?

When I was house hunting I got very good at finding out all sorts about houses for sale!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm currently drinking an adult milkshake from Hotel Chocolat in my Rob Ryan charity mug, which was about 1/15th the cost of one of his prints. But then I only work 7, maybe 8 hour days, so no wonder it's beyond my reach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I can sympathise with tit-My-Loft-Hatch-Is-Mysteriously-Open Jack, as I was in exactly the same situation 🔺earlier this year. Here's what I did:
1. Got the stepladder
2. Checked there was no-one up there
3. Softly, gently, put the hatch back in place
Hope that helps, Jack 🥰
Eh, you missed step 4 - turn ordeal into a 1000 tweet thread including your PayPal details 12 times.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I can sympathise with tit-My-Loft-Hatch-Is-Mysteriously-Open Jack, as I was in exactly the same situation 🔺earlier this year. Here's what I did:
1. Got the stepladder
2. Checked there was no-one up there
3. Softly, gently, put the hatch back in place
Hope that helps, Jack 🥰
My mum has lived in her house for over 30 years. She has a hatch to the loft space. She has never opened it. And we never will. No desire to ever find out what is up there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Easy enough to check insulation, those who know the address can look up the EPC which is a requirement for renting...I think it's been one since she's been in that place. Or is that getting too stalkery?

When I was house hunting I got very good at finding out all sorts about houses for sale!!
It has got one valid for next 8 years...

• Wow
Reactions: 32
From a 2013 government paper

 16.2 million homes had loft insulation of at least 125mm (68 per cent of homes with lofts). Of the 7.4 million homes with lofts without at least 125mm of insulation, only a small number are estimated to have no insulation – around 1 per cent of all properties with lofts.

It’s feasible Jack’s loft insulation isn’t up to current standards, it’s highly unlikely it has no insulation.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
From a 2013 government paper

 16.2 million homes had loft insulation of at least 125mm (68 per cent of homes with lofts). Of the 7.4 million homes with lofts without at least 125mm of insulation, only a small number are estimated to have no insulation – around 1 per cent of all properties with lofts.

It’s feasible Jack’s loft insulation isn’t up to current standards, it’s highly unlikely it has no insulation.
It has 100mm insulation in the loft but the 'roof rooms' dont, so is likely cold

Reactions: 20
What's the rating?
It is rated E

Some of the areas are assumed to have no insulation, but they could have insulation. It means that no one was able to check, for whatever reason. Even the 100m insulation in the loft was estimated, so 🤷‍♂️

My comment would be, why does a smol pixie need a huge 2 porches (inner and outer) 2 huge hallways (entrance and inner hall) 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house to live in? Regardless of how insulated it is.

Live in an appropriately sized home and the heating costs would be slashed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Meh: there's an episode of Friends wherein Joey enjoys Rachel's badly made trifle... And in that vein "I like it" ignorance is bliss, as with 5p sausages apparently.
"No, you shouldn't put beef in the trifle! It did not taste good!"

Edit to add that part of the same rant includes:

"Phoebe, I think Jaques Cousteau is DEAD!"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
You never forget to add this bit. You've had your begging bowl out multiple times since you went viral you bleeping leech. Article in the mirror and hundreds of Patreons not quite enough for you?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 85
I feel we need a ranking system of her most annoying emojis (top 5, laminated ofc).

Finding it hard to make decisions after a sleepless night on #snowwatch. So far I have

🙃, 😏, 🥰, 😈 and 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.