Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really feel for SB. I used to lose my tit when I’d come home from school and discover it was mince and tatties for tea so god knows how that poor kid does it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I actually feel really sorry for SB if any of her nonsense is true.
She never mentions him having any friends over & I’m sure that’s because he’s mortified by her slop and general narc behaviour. I moan sometimes that my house is like a pre-teen drop in centre but at least it means my daughter is happy and relaxed enough to have her friends here.
There’s currently a lot of screeching & OMGing going on in her room so I’ll open the door and throw in the occasional pizza and popcorn.
Perhaps I should offer them some tasty mung bean gruel later 😂
He doesn't have friends over, ever. Similarly he's never had a birthday party.
Well, not with his mother anyway. His 'other nan' has photos on her SM going way back and I would guess they were SBs birthday party (but not 100% sure) Jack wasn't there.
His dad does loads of stuff with him (again, loads on SM) and birthday/Christmas stuff with hus other kids too. SB seems close to his siblings.
You could argue that she just hasn't posted stuff on SM about his birthday parties, however this is Jack. She will do a whole tonne of photos and posts when he's with her. If she had ever thrown a party for him, or he had a few pals for tea after school, she'd spam her SM about how they 'longingly slurped and gorged' on the slop she served them (this is how describes her kid eating her food)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
He doesn't have friends over, ever. Similarly he's never had a birthday party.
Well, not with his mother anyway. His 'other nan' has photos on her SM going way back and I would guess they were SBs birthday party (but not 100% sure) Jack wasn't there.
His dad does loads of stuff with him (again, loads on SM) and birthday/Christmas stuff with hus other kids too. SB seems close to his siblings.
You could argue that she just hasn't posted stuff on SM about his birthday parties, however this is Jack. She will do a whole tonne of photos and posts when he's with her. If she had ever thrown a party for him, or he had a few pals for tea after school, she'd spam her SM about how they 'longingly slurped and gorged' on the slop she served them (this is how describes her kid eating her food)
Well he couldn't have a birthday party round Jacks. Imagine if one of his friends casually helped himself to a slice of birthday cake, poor SB would wonder what he was insinuating.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
I love how her answer to vegan squig is that she needed fish and so made a very difficult decision to go back on the tinned fish (that she doesn't often eat she says, poor mercury squig), completely ignoring the fact that she has gone full meat and is asking people to vote on bollock sausages or lamb 🤣 Ahhhh you could not make it up. Her knights in shining armour will be along soon to take down that poor vegan squig who so bravely stuck their head above the parapet.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Sorry for moody and rude post.

Stressed about storms.

Maybe I should stop eating shreddies and start with the curried breaded fish and mung beans giant buttons.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Behind on the thread and have been escaping to other corners of the internet as there’s only so much Jack I can take (it’s not you, canal, it’s her).
But I just saw this on Reddit and didn’t know whether to hoot and fizz or howl and claw at my (RENTED) linoleum. Someone save us from the inexplicable eggs, this looks like something from the beginning of a horror movie. Is it some sort of wealthy older media class lesbian summoning ritual? Sorry if this has already been posted. Back to my grunk ttfn

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I love how her answer to vegan squig is that she needed fish and so made a very difficult decision to go back on the tinned fish (that she doesn't often eat she says, poor mercury squig), completely ignoring the fact that she has gone full meat and is asking people to vote on bollock sausages or lamb 🤣 Ahhhh you could not make it up. Her knights in shining armour will be along soon to take down that poor vegan squig who so bravely stuck their head above the parapet.
Exactly, I've been vegetarian most of my life but if I had SEVERE arthritis and had been advised to eat fish then once I'd exhausted all veggie alternatives, I would start eating fish. It wouldn't even occur to me to start wiring into meat again. The vegan episode just about sums Jack up. She saw a bandwagon, leapt on it without any real conviction behind it, got bored and leapt off. Instead of just being honest and saying "oh look vegan food is having a bit of a moment I'd like to turn that into slop the way I do everything else and inexplicably get paid to do so."

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I am pretty sure I remember Jack mounting a spirited defence of the cost of tinned versus dried beans when asked if dried would be cheaper. IIRC it went into a lot of detail and involved the weight/cost ratio of dried beans versus tinned, and how many dried beans = beans in a tin. I don't remember whether cooking costs featured, but surely they must have.
That was THEN, this is NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Grunking so don't know where this will land but was there any acknowledgement anywhere why she/they didn't turn up this morning?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I just can’t understand how food can be sloppy and dry at the same time. She’s defies the laws of physics.

I’m already dreading the fermented cannellini bean and lamb slime tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She is suggesting that recipes from Tin Can Cook are ideal for a slow cooker, isn't she.
All of those tins full of already cooked ingredients, in awful, wasteful combinations and she is recommending people put these in their new slow cookers.
I bought that book in a fit of panic as Covid started to hit . Worst waste of 97p on my kindle ever. Absolutely unuseable, although I kind of wish I'd kept it to check her claims of the endless nutritional benefits of tinned food and the vitamins in them

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Grunking so don't know where this will land but was there any acknowledgement anywhere why she/they didn't turn up this morning?
It remains mysterious. There's been no mention at all. If I were a gambling woman I'd bet my blouse on slept in.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.