Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Time for a viral 'look what amazing stuff I bought on eBay I've found in a secret hatch in the landlady's my house' thread?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Thought she hadn't been on holiday for 7 years or something?

Also if it's 210g it can't be 4 of your 5 a day as a portion of veg is 80g and 4 x 80g = 320g.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
1 portion of fruit/veg = 80g.

Per head, the latest slop contains:

30g onion
30g celery
30g carrot
70g tomato (drained weight of a 400g tin is 280g)

So 2 portions. Half of what she's claiming.

Forensic as ever, Jack!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Erm, how can the loft hatch be above the bed, when the flowers and frames are directly beneath it?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Is she on a curfew tag for cooking so everything's got to be done by 5 or something?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Erm, how can the loft hatch be above the bed, when the flowers and frames are directly beneath it?
You absolutely know if this was true (it isn't) she'd post a pic of said rubble-strewn bed. Not a hint of any debris there.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Rats in the Loft Jack would be terrible. Somehow it'd become part of the poverty narrative.

Also, she can duck right off. Storms Dudley and now Eunice have done an absolute number on our house; woke up very early this AM to smashed windows in the kitchen from an errant tree branch. Cat and dog have gone beserk. It's just the wind and atmospheric pressure moving the loft hatch (as an aside, how could it be nailed in? Nailing from below would do sweet nothing, and in order for it to be nailed from above, there'd need to be a second loft entrance... to which I say, how big is your crappy bunglaow?).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Nice throwback snap of her 2018 Cyprus jolly there, which obviously didn't actually happen as she hasn't been on holiday in 7 years.

WHY all the faff of defrosting bollock bangers overnight, squeezing and twisting them to make smaller ones!? Just...have half the amount and keep them normal sized? Just one more thing to add to her disgusting repertoire of sausage-based hacks (remember the "sausage toffee" and her storing jars of cooking runoff in the fridge :sick:)

I'm DYING for her to respond to that squig who called her out on her comments re: benefits claimants. Half expecting an indignant "I have NEVER made such comments and your tweet is potentially libellous. I strongly recommend you delete it" standard Jack threat. The receipts are here though and always will be!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
View attachment 1071638
You’re 33 years old. Grow up. She just wants people to talk about her prints anyway.

ETA - Also, change the water in your flowers and strategically placed valentines card is very well placed. Silly boob. View attachment 1071645
…maybe a handyperson to fit a hatch conversion, and a pole hook?

Maybe it was the fish. Unless….her loft is full of granola which was gained sentience?

It was nailed in??? Bollocks was it. I’d love to see how, teach me, o wise one (I couldn’t cope with BuilderJack, I take that back)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
It was tweeted to her by a non-blue tick. That's why she's tearing it apart.

The non-blue tick is very involved with sustainability and promiting/campaigning for child health and healthy food access to the poorest in society.

The non-blue tick is followed by some rather well thought of charity chief executives, food writers, publishers and the Health Editor of the Telegraph. Oh, and a number of Food Poverty charities, journalists, authors, the Head of Corporate Engagement at the Food Standards Agency, Fareshare and assorted poets and poetry publishers. In fact, their entire followers list sounds like a who's who of sustainability, food, health and poverty players at the highest level.

His poetry's better than hers, too.
Agreed. I know him & he has more integrity in his little finger…

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Yeah, erm, if you squeeze a sausage in the middle you don't get twice more sausage. You get the same amount of sausage, just in smaller pieces. I know, big maths is hard.
But the poors are too poor to own knives to cut up their 5p snout-ages.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Looking at her hours, she only needed childcare for 4 days, and 2 of them were standard nursery hours. Couldn't the baby's dad or a relative have him for those 2 nights? Seems a bit daft to bin a decently paid job when something could have been worked out.
Old chief at his dastardly tricks again. Plucky Jack offered to go round fixing fire alarms with her screwdriver but he weren't 'aving none of it, he weren't.
Not that the fire service offer this anyway but wouldn't essential item no. 1 on the job description be ability to drive :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.