Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those bastards at Southend Post Office ought to be on trial at The Hague.
Those bastards at Southend Post Office ought to be short listed for a Nobel Peace Prize. They saw Jack come in with a huge heavy box (no arthritis that day) labelled JACK MONROE BOOKS the address was THE POORS AT SLOW COOKER FOODBANK PLACE. The local posties had already discussed their distress at how their olfactory senses were assaulted every time they had to deliver to the crappy bungalow and so some quick thinking meant those books are now in their rightful place…landfill! Praise (mung) beans for the Southend posties for saving food bank users around the country, solidarity friends ✊🏻.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
If one of my customers got in touch and said their parcel never showed up, my response certainly wouldn't be..."yeah I know, weird isn't it".

I'd bend over backwards to sort it out, track it, resend. God she's such a nob

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93
Why would you wash the gravy away? It's only claggy because it's cold. Once it's heated it goes back to being liquid again. It's also going to contain flavour and probably some nutrition from the meat.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The NHS doesn’t hand out eye patches either, even if you have conditions that require you to rest your eye from light.
Oh lads when I went to the opticians the other week they gave me an eyepatch to wear for doing the tests and I had to not hoot or fizz as I was alone in public

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Despite the fact there's now added water to the claggy tinned meat, you can just tell that Beefybooby would be dry as anything.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
The way she writes; 'whatever dregs I have lying around', implies so much. This must have been when she was a boozer (I'm so unsure about whether she has a full addiction). It implies to me that she's using the half drunk left overs from night before, cig butts filtered out, of course.
I'm 344% certain she's recommended people do exactly this in the past. Like, I'm sure it's in a recipe or on one of her blog posts somewhere. Something about beer bread and using the dregs from random glasses after a party? Help me out here historian fraus, I know I'm not going mad.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I'm 344% certain she's recommended people do exactly this in the past. Like, I'm sure it's in a recipe or on one of her blog posts somewhere. Something about beer bread and using the dregs from random glasses after a party? Help me out here historian fraus, I know I'm not going mad.
Yes, the backwashed beer bread rings a bell 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Haven’t caught up so sorry if this has been posted but some squig has suggested buying a photograph of some soaked beans. Give me strength.
Such bullshit arselicking.
Being one of her faithful squigs / jackolites must be like being a royalist or a fan of the Tories (or the church but I'm going to try and play it safe here).
At first your love bordering on obsession seems quite harmless, they are much loved by many and saying you don't like them is akin to kicking a dog or saying all babies are ugly.
as time goes by you see them do a few heinous things, have affairs, misappropriate funds, have some questionable connections, but it's all quite easily excused 'they do such good for the country/ tourism/ The Poors®' or 'they're under so much pressure, you try doing their job and not having an off day' 'theyre born to this they didn't choose it, it's not their fault'.
Eventually theyre caught out doing things so shocking and vile that to defend them paints you the same colour as them.
This is the point where no matter how much you once loved them, you should throw in the towel, admit you were wrong.
(I have personal experience of reaching this stage with much loved icons such as : my parents, John Lennon, god, David Bowie, and many other music legends of my youth)
At this stage you may even consider educating others about what you have learned in order to help others avoid falling into the same trap (see The Tinder Swindler and other such sensational exposés)
If you have been hurt by them in any way you might look down the legal route, especially in terms of assault, fraud and general all round nasty behaviour.
If you continue to fight their corner, defend them, attack others for acknowledging their bad behaviour then you either become complicit in their wrongdoing or you have been conned or brainwashed.
I'm thinking sunk costs fallacy for her squigs, at some point they have likely funded her in some way or promoted her and any naysaying about jack reflects poorly on them, but they still have a chance to change, come out relatively unscathed and informed enough that they can support others to see the (gas)light.

Have been chuckling about that abomination of a dinner she produced earlier, the mistaken identity of the decanted beans and the 'white fish' , the fish so called because it has come from the mega freezer of donated fish and she has not labelled it as she once claimed, and has absolutely no idea what fish it is.
I love that she argues to the death every single point that people raise, the squig telling her right name for the beans after her original claim she didn't know what beans she had soaked and her insistence that the name was on the bag all along killed me.
Plus all her Billy Big Balls response about the cooking times, different answer to each squig depending on what they said first 'overnight, yeah for thirty minutes or 12 anyway duck off I'm having a bluesy bit and can't move my arms look at this sheet of A4 where I've handwritten the recipe for this horrendous meal which I shall reheat later'.

As an activist she does nothing positive or productive to promote the understanding of invisible illnesses/ disabilities/ neurodiversity / addiction / mental health. I'm surprised she isn't lobbied by more people to use her platform to effectively raise awareness of all the conditions she has.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Still awake catching up and awaiting Eunice to do her worst so this will land wherever 💁‍♀️however, bizarrely and quite timely, I thought, our local radio station 🔺️ were doing a phone-in earlier on "What foods are acceptable to eat and reheat the following day"... Fish was a definite NO btw, Jack 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 40
This missing books saga is actually shocking. This person has been supporting Jack for years, and appealing for people to donate copies of her books so she can give them to people in need - thus directly contributing to the sales of Jack Monroe's books. Jack (in now deleted tweets, of course) performatively offered to send books, then ignored this person, who must've been trying to follow up on the whereabouts of them.

Actual years later when this person has obviously long since given up, points out that the books never arrived, Jack shrugs it off and says oh this happens to me all the time, hehe. I'd love to know how many books were offered, if it was an amount over a certain weight (I think it's 2kg) you can no longer just send it regular 1st/2nd class, it would be a trackable method of postage.

Screenshot_20220217-165306.png
Screenshot_20220217-165344.png
Screenshot_20220217-165421.png

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
Ugh that beefy booze up must literally be a pile of mush , actually liquid.Why oh why would you cook already cooked canned things for hours on end.

I keep reading swollen lentils as swollen testicles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Typical Jack: she’s not actually doing the course but she’s still somehow become a literal bean expert. The squigs will of course interpret this as Dr Dr Jack Monroe, Actual Top Princess now has a PHD in Beanology in the Wild.

Who are these people who have never had a lentil or a bean? This country has had such a delicious variety of world cuisines for decades

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
You guys have had me owl champagning all day long, I had to keep stopping and starting to answer the phone and tend to my pets and
housemate husband. Annoying.
Anyway, I thought Jack's Arthur was in her legs and feet, so bad she walked with a cane? Is the shoulder new?
I have a magical arthritic elbow which allows me to predict rain up to three days before the event, it's my superpower.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Why doesn’t she get the right meds for her RA? My friends have it and they’re basically fine. Had to stop taking them to have a baby so had a rough year or two.

600BC255-D99E-4D83-8F3C-A531F64DE42D.jpeg

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.