Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People would be better off saving for the hike in electricity bills that’s upcoming than sending money to this bleeping tit show. It’s really depressing isn’t it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Why can't she just get on with the stuff she has promised?!

Rhetorical question of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Update from the TT, looks like they’ve told her to duck off. So she’s switched the charities to donate to.

0C3D8B63-9E3B-4C7F-B043-4CD2C4E1F4B4.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 121
Without resorting to Jack-level narcissism here - I, and others, recently mentioned she had stopped mentioning the Trussel Trust and now this. But she doesn’t read Tattle so can’t be related….

Morning chaps / bullies / people who just try and state the obviously lies/harms/bollocks

Once again, I have a number of questions. I considering myself a fairly intelligent person but I cannot, for the life of me, understand what the duck she is on about / going on so if someone could help me out, I would appreciate it-

1. What is this mad index she is doing? And the meetings with supermarkets etc and smug smug tweets about it like she’s saving the world like Florence Nightingale when she is,in fact, Florence Shitengale. She really does see herself as some sort of modern day Jesus.
2. This “collaboration” with TT - is this official? If not, are there potential harmful consequences?
3. The grammar error - how is she spinning this one? As highly doubt she has enough about her to laugh it off and admit she fucked up.

Here is where people like Jack are harmful to causes - it’s the absolute inconsistency of it all. People like Marcus Rashford for example made real change but before that, he would have constantly been working behind the scenes, lobbying etc. Not banging out a few tweets and going through receipts for a week, being abusive and emotional instead of reasonable and calm if someone has a different opinion. Like most narcissists, all very performative, irresponsible and move on to the next thing quickly.

Me and a friend were laughing last week about how when you are an alcoholic/addict, you use it as an excuse for EVERYTHING, even if not drinking/using? The hilarious thing about Jack is she uses loads of different things to excuse being a cock

Using a dead child as a tweet thinking everyone would find it brave and profound - “oh that’s my passion and my autism”

Being unreliable / irresponsible - “oh that’s my ADHD”

Periods of being particularly Dickish “oh that’s my alcoholism”

Just take some bleeping responsibility! Or take some steps to MANAGE those conditions as it’s bloody insulting to those who do and frankly, those who don’t behave like you and don’t use their conditions as an excuse to do so.

As ever, a long rant but she forever boils my piss.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I volunteer for a bereavement charity. We are part of a national charity, but we have a small local group & the ballache we have ensuring our donations are handled properly is almost a full time job! I believe it is heavily regulated by the charity commission that you have to be abundantly clear where every penny donated is going. You can't take money then decide what to do with it, you have to be clear from the outset. It isn't up to the TT to be "okay with it" it is up to the fundraiser to ensure every contributor is entirely sure where their money is going.
Joe Bloggs who bought a T Shirt last night might not want his money to go to small independent food back - it is not Jacks decision to make, nor TT's. It is down to the person making the donation and they can't decide if they are not informed!

Anyway, shes a wanker.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Thing is, she's not really trying her best, is she? She is winging it and lacks the insight to see. Impulsivity is a poor business partner.

Reactions: 52
Well, today will be a BUSY day for Jack, as she'll be off to her local by election count tonight to forensically analyse the results. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'd much rather donate directly to my local food bank, ( whether that be monetary or in required goods) than 'trust' someone with no absolutely no business acumen or obvious basic knowledge of the Charity sector and decidedly dodgy prior dealings to handle large amounts of other people's hard earned cash

• Heart
I take back what I said yesterday about feeling sympathy for Jack. I honestly wish her no ill but I’m struggling to see any level of good intention or empathy in her ‘activism’ any more.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.