Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn't been transparent. Apparently she talked to TT yesterday and they amicably agreed to Jack diverting funds.
Today as if it has just occurred to her she is asking for suggestions for other charities to donate to. No mention it had been arranged the previous day. So people were still donating to what they thought was the TT.
Why she can't see or acknowledge things like this matter is why she shouldn't be trusted with being in charge of other people's money ever.
I thought it was the “independent foodbank network” or something thatshe’d replied “on it” when they tweeted her about small local food banks. So why is it now a bunfight of people listing their local foodbank?

Reactions: 39
They’ve taken out trying to speak to the agent…
No point dealing with the organ grinder when they can speak direct to the monkey.

(I know it should be the other way round but I always think of Jack with the orange hair as a monkey)

Doubt Jack knows what is going in from one moment to the next so no hope for the agent.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
It's huge amounts of money we're talking about here, if Jack thinks she can get away with this without any kind of checks and balances she's got another think coming.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Sorry so much happening at once but stuck on that poem, are the people referenced actually real? I just assumed they were all made up characters from Jacks mind?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry so much happening at once but stuck on that poem, are the people referenced actually real? I just assumed they were all made up characters from Jacks mind?
Yes sadly

• Sad
Reactions: 38
The woman in the second verse was real. Jack has used her death for political point-scoring before.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
But this isn't the point you obtuse arse.
You and the TT may have agreed where the money goes - but you didn't tell the people who were donating. They thought THEIR money was going somewhere specific but it turns out it wasn't.
That's still not right.

People need to know where their money is going is legitimate. How does Mrs Baker know that there is a independent good bank in Kent.

At least the trussel trust is a well known charity.

Blimey she literally knows nothing!

Reactions: 29
Oh my, I get tit done for a couple of hours and we have a mini chaos! She's not looking great at the moment, and that tip jar rattle once again must raise a few eyebrows...

She's clearly winging it and lying as she goes along, but that isn't going to cut it when it comes to the transparency needed with this. She's not capable of being transparent in the slightest as she weaves a web of far too many lies and ends up stuck.

Oh and Jack, in Gypsy parlance, your poetry is a pile of jank. ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.