Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm way behind but convinced the bloody awful poem and tip jar rattle are because she's green with envy over the amount of money the squiggles have coughed up for the fascist merch.

It could have been hers if it wasn't for those pesky food bank users :(

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
But the first over £10k was raised for them! She gets it on 4th March!

I’m really worried that Bootsmas is gonna be like titmass and we’ll get all dolled up on the eve yet on the day there won’t be anything
I understand why the payment takes 30 days to come through, but it’s an awful long time for people to forget about the receipts...

Reactions: 35
I’d be willing to pay a smol amount of UK cash money to a squiggle who would just ask “what about gift aid?”
🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Just chiming in with worries that NONE of the raised TT funds will even hit their accounts.

Jack is going to keep it all now (probably out of spite from being publicly called out).

So a double bubble of Patreons and her tat profits. Kerching Jackie :mad:
Personally I think it might all be too public for this. I have a very bad feeling. If the foodbank don't want anything to do with it, she will have to refund the patrons and probably the company. 😬

Pure speculation and in my opinion the right thing to do.

• Wow
Proof that RSM isn't actually Jack, in that she seems to have some concept of cheap meals that make sense.

Screenshot_20220203-123019_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Anyone who uses a Constance Langdon quote is alright by me!!

Ps. Why isn’t she saying anything about the energy price rises?
Maybe she's just waiting for Octopus Energy to get back to her ref a sequel to her heartwaing and educational 'yes! It's a Killowat Hour!' video 🐙

• Haha
Reactions: 34
If she just admitted that she didn’t realise how complicated it would be, and that it was too much for her, the squigs would be sympathetic. Then get them to donate directly to their preferred charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
What happened to her famously forensic attention to detail? It's in the papers and on the telly box and everything.
Cue ADHD puppy brain malfunction excuse.

Reactions: 30
If she just admitted that she didn’t realise how complicated it would be, and that it was too much for her, the squigs would be sympathetic. Then get them to donate directly to their preferred charity.

They will be sympathetic either way 😭

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
What happened to her famously forensic attention to detail? It's in the papers and on the telly box and everything.
Cue ADHD puppy brain malfunction excuse.
She's also been praising her therapy, meds and sobriety being all level and good.

Is she suggesting the demand for her clothing has wiped out Teemill’s entire supply of blank merch, or does she think people are stupid? Could really be either.
I believe that someone (TT 🔺) has spoken to her not only about attaching their name to the campaign but also about the potential distress caused by the wording of some of her #jackmerch

I'm thinking she's back to the drawing board in terms of slogans, whether to gung ho carry on with it now she no longer has their blessing or thinking how to tame it down with no big charity attached and still make money and achieve Groucho level stardom again.
Thinking of Groucho, illness and j1g, wonder if she fancies herself as a smol Stephen fry but less clever and more campaigny

Another filmic reference which feels relevant today

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.