Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well someone’s lying 🤥 TT haven’t managed to speak to her (even this morning as per new frau)
3A65268B-5F2D-4030-979E-8C19C6C77438.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Although tbf middle class wankers like this absolutely deserve to be rinsed of their spare cash.

DCEE57C2-08E9-486F-912D-A75B44FC51F4.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
She is beginning to make even Bojo look competent at his job.

Hasn't she been an activist for 10 years which has involved charitable work, and she doesn't even understand the basic concepts 🤣 even I know you can't change charities midway through fundraising efforts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Looks like the Trussell Trust don't want to be associated with fascist merch and murky business practises so Jack has been left with a lot of horrible hoodies to shift.
She is on very very thin ice now. She is dealing with people's donations in a completely non transparent way and changing the rules as she goes along.
Plus asking for money FOR HERSELF in the thick of it is just so bleeping wrong.
I think it is print on demand so no stock to shift

Reactions: 33
Hang on. She discussed changing it with TT yesterday - but today was saying due to public demand TODAY she is thinking of changing focus? Why didn't she announce this last night then? When people were still buying thinking it was for TT?
Making it up as she is going along.
Unfortunately what we do need is for the TT to make a statement clearing this up.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I know Trussell Trust didn't ask for this, but I don't think they come out of it looking good. I mean, just *how* hard can it have been to try and speak to Jack? Surely they only needed to Tweet her? And if they did speak to her yesterday, their customer service aren't addressing concerns honestly. And why have neither of them stated anything? Where is the transparency!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The author was very polite to her. She's such a nasty cow. Also, "entirely transparent throughout"!!!

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 11.10.16.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 115
Unfortunately what we do need is for the TT to make a statement clearing this up.
Yes, and they are in a tricky position. Jack has a lot of followers and people fawning over her, and she is raising money for them. It's hard for them to say something that doesn't make them look like dicks. It's very easy for her (or one of her journo mates) to make this spin into 'a lone blogger just wanted to help, but giant charity and stupid rules make it impossible to do something kind in this cruel world.'. Her fans would lap it up.

The author was very polite to her. She's such a nasty cow. Also, "entirely transparent throughout"!!!

View attachment 1036784
Transparent like the ephemera of a tin of chickpeas.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.