Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so confused. I’ve been offline since Sunday and a whole massive chaos has happened.
Is she scamming the TT?
She's scamming the public in the name of TT. Saying 100% profits going to them. They've not agreed to it and now she's saying she's giving it to other foodbank charities.
No one has seen any of the money yet.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Looks like the Trussell Trust don't want to be associated with fascist merch and murky business practises so Jack has been left with a lot of horrible hoodies to shift.
She is on very very thin ice now. She is dealing with people's donations in a completely non transparent way and changing the rules as she goes along.
Plus asking for money FOR HERSELF in the thick of it is just so bleeping wrong.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
Two things - she's obviously concentrating more on the other slogans, rather than Dead People Cant Riot. She's also changing the terms of the donation unilaterally so that people who thought they were giving money to the TT now find themselves giving money elsewhere.

View attachment 1036624

Gah! It's because TT HATE your campaign Jack!! God I wish someone would point this out 😪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Her frame of references are so 80s am-dram, bloody rickets?? I had to google to check if rickets was indeed a resurgence phenomenona, a pubmed study from 2000 performed over 2 years with 3500 paediatricians cite that the incidence of nutritional rickets in the UK is lower than expected…125 cases per 100 000 children under 16. The majority were of Black (43%) or South Asian (38%) ethnicity. 77.6% of children were not taking vitamin D supplements despite being eligible. Weird out of touch teenage performance art.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Ugh, just gross. A tit poem about dead people whose stories aren’t hers to tell followed by PS give me money. Her grifting has never been so brazen. Was the Patreon payday not enough?
That tortured prose does contain details from press articles I recognise, potentially it also contains the stories of people who wrote in to her after she decided to write the Big Book of Pov - some of you will remember ICO squiggle (waves if you’re reading!!) she was one such person and when she later asked Jack to remove her email and details she got to,d it’s in a giant bonfire of an inbox in a missing laptop (hence why she contacted the Info Commissioner Office)
Sick sick sick 🤢 someone needs to remove the WiFi

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
Does anyone else find the 'No bread just a circus' slogan particularly egregious? It's bone-sawingly smug.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She's scamming the public in the name of TT. Saying 100% profits going to them. They've not agreed to it and now she's saying she's giving it to other foodbank charities.
No one has seen any of the money yet.
And the charities are missing out on gift aid!
I must remember to get a friend to do my donations for me in future as I can’t gift aid due to (legally) not paying any tax

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Reckons she's a literal journo but is completely unaware of the guidelines around the reporting of--and writing about ---suicide. Or even worse, she ignores them. She is a disgusting rubbernecker.

For anyone affected by this discussion: https://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/suicide/
I am appalled, how did we get from plucky urchin calculating prices or value items to literally triggering the hell out of people writing about the dead. She's not writing war poetry this isn't the same as writing "dolce et decorum est" fair enough make a point about how people are dying but do it with consideration. Christ on a bike.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is she seriously ratting the PayPal tin for MORE money?

Didn't read the poem, saw sardines mentioned, couldn't be arsed
Ah - then you missed out on the wondrous couplet:
'Children with rickets
And crumpled bus tickets' :cry:

Only someone with a stone for a heart would snigger at that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
The difference with Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon is they actually had experience of war. Honestly this is like something from the mind of a 12 year old. Totally inappropriate. Really badly done.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.