Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she was a bit sly about this - as far as I recall she said she would donate her fee from a specific two TV/radio appearances. No mention of the other eleventy billion.

eta: found it. Hmm - a lot hinges on ‘as standard’.
Yes looks like you’re right, she chose the first two…but I guess same applies, does the paper pay it straight to the TT? If not, why not? They could have put at the end that the fee was being paid to charity. But I’m sure she’ll do the right thing

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I was going to say this too. I may be going insane in the membrane but didn't she also claim this with Free School Meals? She had a bunch of radio and TV appearances off of that and I'm sure she said there would be a donation going out after. Am I wrong Fraus? Do correct me if so, it's been a long couple of years 😂
Yes she promised any appearance fees would go to an organisation called Magic Breakfast who provide breakfasts for school children (I think).

Btw only 8 days til Vimes makes its glorious appearance. Excited!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Honestly the number of idiots buying insulting T-shirts and overpriced tote bags just to blow smoke up her arse and feel like they've done 'charity' without getting their hands dirty is absurd. Although, if it's the same people desperately awaiting their monthly postcards I'm not even surprised.

I wouldn't even send this to somebody I didn't like.

Can't wait to see what today brings. Wakey wakey Jack. And answer your phone, apparently the TT want a word 🤞

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Of course I would hate that but I think she would actually storm number 10. 😂
No, that would require her to actually act on her word. She's far more likely to frantically tweet about her plans to storm number 10, then go silent, and then say she can't because she's terribly ill. The most ill anyone has ever been.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Yes she promised any appearance fees would go to an organisation called Magic Breakfast who provide breakfasts for school children (I think).

Btw only 8 days til Vimes makes its glorious appearance. Excited!
Are the cabal planning anything special for Vimes Eve?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
No not yet as she’s still advertising that the money goes to them on the shop. It’s the reason why I don’t think this is quite up there with past chaoses - you really need TT to tell her to take the whole thing down before the chaos cycle is complete 🥴
Shouldn't she straighten this out, I thought you had to be transparent about where the money is going.

This makes me uncomfortable

• Sick
Reactions: 29
Two things - she's obviously concentrating more on the other slogans, rather than Dead People Cant Riot. She's also changing the terms of the donation unilaterally so that people who thought they were giving money to the TT now find themselves giving money elsewhere.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 09.42.57.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
she also said all the money she made through the media and newspapers would go to them too.
She was also saying she had no money in her bank account
Right, I'm going to try to word this very carefully because this isn't intended as a "poor people can't have nice things" type statement. But donating your entire fee for something when you have no money for yourself just makes no sense. Donating to charity and the shaking your virtual cap at people so you can put your heating on is just creating an unnecessary step. Pay for your own heating and then the strangers can donate to the charity? Donating beyond your means isn't noble, it's stupid (and if you have a child it's also selfish).

I know J's exaggerating her own poorness, but she's tweeting this tripe out to many people who are genuinely poor. She's making it seem normal to donate more than you can actually afford, and that's a horrible message to share!

• Heart
Reactions: 77
People are quote tweeting her with suggestions of a large variety of charities to donate to. So how's she going to decide and where's the transparency about who will get what?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
People are quote tweeting her with suggestions of a large variety of charities to donate to. So how's she going to decide and where's the transparency about who will get what?
And it still says 100 per cent goes to TT on the shop 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Two things - she's obviously concentrating more on the other slogans, rather than Dead People Cant Riot. She's also changing the terms of the donation unilaterally so that people who thought they were giving money to the TT now find themselves giving money elsewhere.

View attachment 1036624
Call me cynical but this is a perfect way to make the 10 grand be alot less when it's spread around with no accountability where as if it all went to the TT they would be like " wheres our 10k?"

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
Jack Monroe: voedselblogger

She's done it, lads. She's gone international. Der Spiegel described her as a Journalistin und Aktivistin, which I found laughable. Though everything she said is written up in the Konjunktiv, which is a verb form we use when things are possible but not real/confirmed. #GermanShade #Grammar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
My feeling is this is incompetent rather than planned fraud - but it’s against charity regulations and can get the TT in a lot of trouble. And we have seen her incompetence and flouting of rules too many times to let it go. She must be stopped.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

View attachment 1036624
'Raised' £10,000? This is insane levels of maths. How many bleeping crap T shirts have the squiggles bought?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.