Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Monroe: voedselblogger

She's done it, lads. She's gone international. Der Spiegel described her as a Journalistin und Aktivistin, which I found laughable. Though everything she said is written up in the Konjunktiv, which is a verb form we use when things are possible but not real/confirmed. #GermanShade #Grammar
I cannot love #grammarshade enough

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
👋 long time reader here but felt the need to email TT.

Looks like I got the same reply as others and as of 20 minutes ago they still haven't had any contact with Jackie
Screenshot_20220203-095511_Gmail.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
And it still says 100 per cent goes to TT on the shop 🙄
I think there's guidelines for creating online charity shops - which is essentially what she has done. Trying to look into it even though I'm BUSY but she's obviously non compliant in just about every aspect.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Frankly unless I see the donation receipts it’s all being donated to that extra special foodbank charity, Hack Monroe. Fat finger typo there but I like it.
Re Vime-mas Eve, I’m thinking:

pretend it never existed
pretend it was never meant to be an actual Index, merely an Asda snapshot, online only, for one day
Pretend to have run out of meds/be having a breakdown
pretend to be having a crippling arthritis flare up, only not in the tweeting fingers (never seems to affect those yet)
pretend to have a relapse & hopefully hide for a few weeks til she can sweep back in and pretend none of it ever happened except for her fat bank balance

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Frankly unless I see the donation receipts it’s all being donated to that extra special foodbank charity, Hack Monroe. Fat finger typo there but I like it.
Re Vime-mas Eve, I’m thinking:

pretend it never existed
pretend it was never meant to be an actual Index, merely an Asda snapshot, online only, for one day
Pretend to have run out of meds/be having a breakdown
pretend to be having a crippling arthritis flare up, only not in the tweeting fingers (never seems to affect those yet)
pretend to have a relapse & hopefully hide for a few weeks til she can sweep back in and pretend none of it ever happened except for her fat bank balance
I think this should be a poll for the next thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Two things - she's obviously concentrating more on the other slogans, rather than Dead People Cant Riot. She's also changing the terms of the donation unilaterally so that people who thought they were giving money to the TT now find themselves giving money elsewhere.

View attachment 1036624
But people might specifically have only donated/purchased, for whatever reason, because they were told the money was going to the Trussell Trust.
She can't change lanes now. She has used their name a lot for various reasons, some of which incidentally have been beneficial to her. Surely to goodness what she is suggesting is just plain wrong?

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Yes looks like you’re right, she chose the first two…but I guess same applies, does the paper pay it straight to the TT? If not, why not? They could have put at the end that the fee was being paid to charity. But I’m sure she’ll do the right thing
Last time (FSM I think) she reckoned it’s too complicated to pay the charity from the paper and it was quicker and easier for her to take the fee and donate it, that’s what the paper said to her.
I have some experience of this and can confirm it is less hassle to give it to the person if they are a PAYE employee, which Jack isn’t 🙃 where are those accounts?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Lots of small charities in her mentions scrabbling for some of the money, it makes for uncomfortable reading.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
How the duck does this work?? Someone buys a shirt expecting the profits/proceeds/at least some of their cash to go to the Trussel Trust.
Now Jack’s saying they’ll be split??
Make it make sense 😭
Is that splitting the proceeds between independent foodbanks as well as the Trussell Trust? Or instead of?
I still can't make sense of exactly how many pounds and pence from each product are going to charity either. It's the lack of complete transparency that makes this all so uncomfortable. (Well, on top of the whole jumping onto a charity and getting your name on merch instead of finding the best way to help said charity etc)
This needs to end in a chaos before it goes any further, for everyone's sake.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think there's guidelines for creating online charity shops - which is essentially what she has done. Trying to look into it even though I'm BUSY but she's obviously non compliant in just about every aspect.
Starting to look alot like fraud

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.