Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Home economics teacher? Is this an attempt to copy Joe Wicks as the nation's PE teacher?

Getting a bit bored of her now.

711 idiots. Which is 450 up since the NL thing
So 225 at 6.60 plus 486 at 3.08 is £2981.88 a MONTH

Fuming, I am fuming.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Home economics teacher? Is this an attempt to copy Joe Wicks as the nation's PE teacher?

Fuming, I am fuming.
Hoping for a clifflike drop-off and Big Anger before 1 March 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Fuming, I am fuming.
Oh very astute re: Joe Wicks, she's desperate to be a national darling.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
An aside, but apparently Terry Pratchett wasn't the first to use the boots analogy (which wouldn't apply to food in any case).

Jack and the Guardian writer are both wrong.

The boots analogy originally came from The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists written in 1914 and Pratchet stole it nearly word for word from there. I get really annoyed when people talk about the quote.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68

Fuming, I am fuming.
There's no date on the article but I think it's way prior to lockdown. Only refers to Tin Can't Cook, photo is the Veganish one. I just noticed it was also the article that had this lovely quote:

Screenshot_20220131-150552.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Jack and the Guardian writer are both wrong.

The boots analogy originally came from The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists written in 1914 and Pratchet stole it nearly word for word from there. I get really annoyed when people talk about the quote.
THANK YOU!
At last someone else who knows it belongs to Robert Tressell.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I stopped reading about 4 words into that dream. You can read more interesting content on the leaflet that comes with paracetamol.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.