Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@colouredlines has already done the Lord's work on adding up all the Aldis, Lidls and Asdas in the land. As a customer, I don't care what market share a supermarket has. I care if there's one near me. Safe to say there is a higher chance of a 'disruptive little discounter' being near the average person in the UK than an Asda, given the numbers of actual stores.

But that's just me, a lone Tattler with a wooden calculator and a righteous amount of maths knowledge.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Jack and the Guardian writer are both wrong.

The boots analogy originally came from The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists written in 1914 and Pratchet stole it nearly word for word from there. I get really annoyed when people talk about the quote.
One of my favourite books

Reactions: 13
spiral stairs that aren't spiral, 3 bathrooms, cupboards so large they're marked on the floor plan... it's a huge, lovely house

she probs only describes it as crappy as it lacks a pool, which many of the neighbours have 🙃
She 'only' has two bathrooms (one giant bedroom on the floorplan is mislabled as a bathroom).

It's a detached three-bed property. It is 1706 square feed (almost 160 sqaure metres in metric parlance).

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Oh my god she's genuinely nauseating with this self-congratulatory nonsense. About 2 people have said they can now get their Smart Price stuff online when they couldn't before. And as we know, it wasn't unavailable in her local Asda, she just couldn't be arsed going down there to check.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
What's going to "skewer" her stupid index is the fact it's based on the paranoid ramblings of a grandiose narcissist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.