Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't be surprised if she mentioned her Patreon.
Horrified, but not surprised.
Oh blimey you might be right - in a faux humble way followed by *that* laugh. Bleurgh.
Has she actually been on a phone in show yet? That is the one I am waiting for.

Reactions: 20
I dont think she would drum up much trade though, it's a different ecosystem outside of Twitter.

Maybe she isn't really going on to discuss increases in food prices....its a trap. They're really going to grill her about why she is ripping people off on Patreon 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
In some ways I hope they do and she will have to say on National TV what people won't be getting for their money 😁🤣
She would skim over the part about what she would do in return.
I hope she gets invited back on to Womans Hour and Emma Barnett asks her how much she is making from it.
I hope any panel she gets on someone pops that question.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I hope she gets invited back on to Womans Hour and Emma Barnett asks her how much she is making from it.
I hope it's a Schofe phone-in. He always gets the feisty callers. <Ah, the 80s>

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm fearful that Asda will invite her as some sort of consultant

And I think I'd faint from embarrassment for them

• Sad
Reactions: 25
God, what is this nanna programme? It’s like loose women for geriatrics.

:ageist:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm watching! I picked a bloody good day off to work on my OU assignment.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I wonder if she's got a lunch meeting after with Tony Hayers at the BBC to discuss getting a 2nd series of DKL?

Hope it doesn't clash with Mr ASDA.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm fearful that Asda will invite her as some sort of consultant

And I think I'd faint from embarrassment for them
It's long been a massive bug bear that anyone other than senior doctors can use the term consultant in their job titles. I used to work adjacent to very mediocre 'HR Consultants' and my insides would literally cringe when I heard them using it; I imagine them dropping the HR suffix and calling themselves Consultants on forms etc hoping that people assumed they were medical consultants.

It would be right up Jack's niche to get a consultant role and play on the consultant title.

And Asda can duck right off from doing that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Did she show up on woman's hour last week in the end?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oooh! This could be good.
Issues in India causing pricing hikes for rice.
How is Jack going to spin this...

• Wow
Reactions: 30
On the BBC again? There's no hope, I just despair. Bunch of cunts. 😑 So glad I don't pay a TV licence!🖕

ETA - actually, I shouldn't be surprised, the BBC still give Giles Coren airtime, so Jack's in great company there.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
God those people are thick.
What real job do they think she has?

On Nigella. When she was being scammed by those people, I believe she was married to Saatchi, who is ridiculously wealthy, so the credit card thing rings true to me, it is an insane level of privilege that the court case made very clear (which I don’t think helped her ‘home cooking’image). She lives in a bubble of wealth, I don’t think she’s ever met a poor person or shopped in a supermarket that isn’t Fortnums or Harrods.
That said, her interactions this weekend have been very very odd on behalf of Jack. She promotes other peoples cookbooks and recipes, but I’ve never seen it for a fundraiser, gofundme etc and she will get loads of requests to do so as someone with a certain number of followers who has had many loved ones die from cancer.
I've never followed NL, but has she ever tweeted links to Trussell Trust or the campaign backed by Jamie Oliver (and many others) for good farming practises (better pay, higher welfare)?

She has a HUGE platform. This weekend is testament to how many people she can mobilise. Does she ever use it for something truly good?

Btw, I don't think she's under any obligation. I quite appreciate slebs accounts that stay out of all of this and just focus on food or music or whatever their thing is. It's just very odd that THIS is the cause she's going for.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.