Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope that people comment on this show's Twitter and point out her bullshit, nowt she can do about that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
When looking at the price increase of goods.
She sneakily said, "the cheapest I could find in my local supermarket'' when discussing each item.
Yes, I noticed that. The wording was carefully chosen.

Funny that the BBC had time for someone to do cartoons for Gloria to tut at, but no time to check any of Jack's claims.

Reactions: 34
She sneakily said, "the cheapest I could find in my local supermarket'' when discussing each item.

Why is no one on any show asking....well did you look elsewhere as that seems quite narrow boundaries for your claims?!
They daren't.
The light will leave her eyes and she'll piss all over the sofa.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Still no Channel 4 appearance. LJC has got her head screwed on
“Ain’t no nonsense facts & my X coming on MY channel!
And why didn’t our Jackie Gal talk about the Irish connection with glorious Glo?? They might be related.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Pleased to see Alice Beer is doing a segment on how to save money on grocery shopping on This Morning today. Jack must be fuming’.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm no economist (🔺) but, rather than this all being a big supermarket conspiracy against those living in poverty, surely it's simply that there is more room for profit margins in a Charlie Bigham's Tikka Masala than there is in Generic No Frills Rice? Ergo, the price of the CB meal can take the global price increase (of rice for example) without having to alter their price because there was already a high-profit margin where there is little to none in the NoFrills? Am I dumb?

Of course, it is wrong that people living in poverty are having to pay more but that's an issue with low wages, insecure jobs, inflated rent/utilities etc and not because beans were 24p and now they are 34p (can get beans for 20p in my Tesco🔺).

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Why is no one on any show asking....well did you look elsewhere as that seems quite narrow boundaries for your claims?!
She's even lying about that.

Those were the cheapest prices she could find ONLINE.

She said it herself - she found those prices while in bed, searching the Asda website to price her broccoli recipe.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
The thing is, life isn't fair. She's stating the bleeding obvious about food prices, without any understanding of the drivers behind the increases. She's also clearly wrong/lying about the value ranges disappearing/price increases across the board and has gone off on some mad crusade against Asda.
I can't think of a single one of her campaigns that's actually gone anywhere and her ability to make money from people who should know better for doing duck all useful drives me mad.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.