Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously, she's been at it all afternoon, graciously thanking each and every deluded squig who's signed up to Jack's Patreon. It's bizarre. Go bake a cake or something Nige.
I saw this, and find it even more strange than the initial tweet.

I'm bewildered. Even if Jack wasn't the liar that she is, her food is revolting and the things she has to sayself-serving

Their cooking styles wouldn't work together very well (and Nigella knows it) - "now, let us softly rinse the beans underneath some soothing, crystal clear water, feeling their plump tenderness in our fingertips, before plucking this beautiful woodland fungi off the counter and moving it up and down this shiny metallic instrument until it has a splendidly coarse texture. Not got any parsley? No worries, some verdant and fragrant thyme will work just as well in this gently bubbling concoction."
So good! Please do one with a travelogue slant! "Reminds me of our summer in Italy" kind of thing. Would love to support your patreon

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The way I see it, it's the way of the world. All the horrid ones get a leg up where as the good guys get trampled.

She's always gotten help from somewhere. The sad claim is she claims she's helping others... Ok she may send a few tins, chuck a few books but when your pulling in thousands due to supporting that cause, it might be seen as decent to chuck a bit more into their pot?! Perhaps not!
But the majority of the tins she chucks, were chucked, she didn’t pay for them

I’m surprised she didn’t see Live Aid to be honest.
I did, didn’t notice any kumquats or clown trousers in the audience

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Not that I have ever frequented the Sali Hughes thread more than a quick browse but there definitely seems to be a mendacious group of ninnies who all seem to work at The Guardian and Times and all back each other up/initiate pile ons. All very New Labour vibes if you get me.
It's a circle. A self-perpuating means of lazy employment. They all only know nine people, keep each other employed then call it the zeitgeist.

Have you ever noticed in magazines like Country Style that not one owner has a normal job? They're all graphic artists, ad execs, freelance journos: in other words, more of the acquaintances only there to employ others in the industry and fill in between advertisements

Grumpy Wooh.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I still thing some tit has hit the pan, she's cries wolf a few times and no one has bitten to this extent. Something's kicked off. My own opinion.

Reactions: 24
I still thing some tit has hit the pan, she's cries wolf a few times and no one has bitten to this extent. Something's kicked off. My own opinion.
Hi @Onestorytoomany had to cheekily quote you to make a new post, sorry for using you shamelessly (PS my rents not late, but send money).

The post. Check out these cushionheads

1. Jack has it sorted
2. Great work if you can get it

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Hi @Onestorytoomany had to cheekily quote you to make a new post, sorry for using you shamelessly (PS my rents not late, but send money).

1. Jack has it sorted
I know what's a better alternative, she gets a bloody job!! I just can't believe they think sponging off people and giving nothing in return is a fair option.

Who is she accountable to? What is her actual remit and job description? What is her timescale? What is going to be tangible proof that she has made a difference. You know, all the measures that someone who is in paid employment working somewhere like the ONS would be expected to work within.

I've genuinely never seen anything like this 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Screenshot_20220131-183043_Chrome.jpg

And what is her "regular job" pray tell? Because we've been trying to figure that out for 250 threads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Oh Nigella, you appear to have been hoodwinked again, by a nasty smol pixie.

Do get a grip of your head, dear heart, before she does irreparable damage to your brand and reputation.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
God those people are thick.
What real job do they think she has?

On Nigella. When she was being scammed by those people, I believe she was married to Saatchi, who is ridiculously wealthy, so the credit card thing rings true to me, it is an insane level of privilege that the court case made very clear (which I don’t think helped her ‘home cooking’image). She lives in a bubble of wealth, I don’t think she’s ever met a poor person or shopped in a supermarket that isn’t Fortnums or Harrods.
That said, her interactions this weekend have been very very odd on behalf of Jack. She promotes other peoples cookbooks and recipes, but I’ve never seen it for a fundraiser, gofundme etc and she will get loads of requests to do so as someone with a certain number of followers who has had many loved ones die from cancer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

1. Jack has it sorted
Can't help but agree with Cushionhead One. Jack has set herself up to fail with the amount she promises her Patreons and taking it at face value that weekly postcards are going to materialise (and they won't), it's very ambitious and doesn't give much of a profit margin. I've said it before but she really does need a VA to do her professional social media AND sort out this Patreon mess. It won't happen, I'm sure.

Can't fathom at all why Nigella has centred herself in all this. All very odd.

Reactions: 28
Sorry I'm still on the previous thread. Mr Kebab spoilt me in advance with the Nigella tweet (he doesn't follow anything apart from sport but somehow it still showed up and even he was like WTF). Just to echo everyone else, it is just so horrid and irresponsible. It makes me feel ill to think there are countless little charities struggling to drum up donations and St. Fack of Southend is zipping around the crappy bungalow wondering where she's gonna put the latest order of bland tit from the John Lewis catalogue. bleeping Nigella, honestly.

I saw some criticism of Jack and her dubious tax record (which has probably already been dealt with) whereby squigs go "but she does so much for charity and has ADHD are you really going to be mean because she might not have paid taxes?"
YES
YES I AM (well not me directly, but you get what I mean)
I work for a non-profit doing GOOD WORK that directly helps people who usually have their voices silenced as well as being a foodbank frau. If I just said 'oopsie sorry my anxiety about the collapse of the world is doing my swede in but look how socially responsible I am can I just not pay tax this year?' I bet those same squigs would have a go at me and call me some tax dodging head.

Honestly feels like I'm losing the plot. Praise Beans for the cabal*

Sorry if this has all be said *screams into the void*

*I now just say Praise Beans all the time in real life just incase I'm amongst frau. No one has yet questioned it (not sure whether to be concerned or not)

Edited to add (after doing some big maths): She gets more in Patreon per month than what I earn all month. I'm lucky to have a wage at all but duck me. Jack, you're a bleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Also - after giving it some thought - the new Patreon are there to pay her for this index and her activism work, they don’t want postcards. So, sadly, as long as she keeps tweeting shite on Twitter they will think she is doing the ‘job’ even if it changes nothing because of her ability to shamelessly co-opt other people’s work - sure start, Marcus and co, the ONS. When she solves the conflict between Ukraine and Russia she may peak.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Can't help but agree with Cushionhead One. Jack has set herself up to fail with the amount she promises her Patreons and taking it at face value that weekly postcards are going to materialise (and they won't), it's very ambitious and doesn't give much of a profit margin. I've said it before but she really does need a VA to do her professional social media AND sort out this Patreon mess. It won't happen, I'm sure.

Can't fathom at all why Nigella has centred herself in all this. All very odd.
She has no shame though, she has had a Patreon since 2017 and has done little for the people who in good faith have supported her. She has had PLENTY of time to rectify this.

If someone lends me a tenner I can't feel at ease until it's paid back and yet here she is taking considerable amounts of money and not fulfilling her end of the bargain. She has some brass neck and I don't know how she sleeps at night.

Unfortunately she has created a buffer zone around her of being persecuted which ensures that no one can ever call her out because if they do they will be presented as the bad guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This Nigella thing is all a bit odd. We can say that the Guardian foodie blue tickers (Felicity, Marina etc) just go along with Jack to avoid upsetting the apple cart and Nigella was doing the same up until now.

We also can say she isn’t lacking in brain matter. Her ability to read the cooking room is second to none and yes, she might be privileged beyond belief, but people love her output and she knows that and has exploited it for years.

So why has she decided to promote smol pixie when it must be widely known what Jack is like behind the scenes? Does she know something? Has it been decided that it is safer for her to promote Jack, as she is seen to be more untouchable than maybe a lesser foodie celebrity, so if it all goes Pete then Nigella won’t get cancelled so to speak?

Is all this bollocks and Nigella just had “moment” after too many espressos?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.