Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cannot believe people think that someone with an iPhone 13 needs their life funded. And that isn’t “people on budgets can’t have nice things” it’s just a fact that Jack buys herself top end luxury items, clearly she is fine for money. But she has PURPOSELY told them she ONLY has £34 in her bank. She is an moral disgrace and karma will get her.

Sorry for rage text, wanted to try lighten the mood but really stuck on the winter fuel allowance incident, I had seen you guys talk about it but hadn’t ever seen the tweets. Throw her and big Nige in the volcano.
That one really made me cross 😡 you probably noticed

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it was Dresserman who mentioned last week that Asda didn't have their Smartprice range online. So maybe they've changed that now?

One crucial thing the Sunday Times got wrong is the timeline of the day this all started, which goes something like this:

* Jack wakes up and eats broccoli pasta for breakfast
* Jack goes back to bed
* Jack starts to write the broccoli pasta recipe for her blog. To do this, she looks for prices on the Asda website
* Jack can't find the Smartprice food online so writes the angry Tweet thread that goes viral
* Jack vows to go to her local Asda right now and see how much prices have risen
* Jack livetweets her journey to Asda
* Silence

In other words, the products were always available in Jack's local Asda, just not online. And this entire week of drama is the result?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
This website hates me. They will be a laughing stock if they invite her to be a NED.

Dame Alison Carnwath latest Asda NED bio

Meanwhile, Dame Alison has a strong track record as a non-executive director of some of the UK’s leading companies. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) and then worked in Corporate Finance for Lloyds and J. Henry Schroder Wagg in New York. She has held a number of board positions at Barclays, the Man Group, BP and Zurich Insurance Group and has also been Chair of Vitec and Land Securities Group. Earlier this year, Dame Alison was appointed to the EG Group board and leads its Audit Committee.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Squig here telling Jack to use the threat of new recipes to intimidate ASDA staff.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 13.29.28.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
This website hates me. They will be a laughing stock if they invite her to be a NED.

Dame Alison Carnwath latest Asda NED bio

Meanwhile, Dame Alison has a strong track record as a non-executive director of some of the UK’s leading companies. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Peat Marwick Mitchell (now KPMG) and then worked in Corporate Finance for Lloyds and J. Henry Schroder Wagg in New York. She has held a number of board positions at Barclays, the Man Group, BP and Zurich Insurance Group and has also been Chair of Vitec and Land Securities Group. Earlier this year, Dame Alison was appointed to the EG Group board and leads its Audit Committee.
Dame Alison will eat her alive 😁, a land shark on two legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm going to have to start shopping elsewhere if this meeting starts some kind of partnership.

I can't believe Asda have contacted her on a Sunday. This has been timed for maximum exposure, gaining traction from the very disappointing Nigella tweet.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
I'm going to have to start shopping elsewhere if this meeting starts some kind of partnership.

I can't believe Asda have contacted her on a Sunday. This has been timed for maximum exposure, gaining traction from the very disappointing Nigella tweet.
I bet it's a generic reply to some guff she sent them over customer services. Just like anyone would receive.

Jack has the biggest God complex in the entire universe. She takes credit for all the good, and blames all the bad on someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Screenshot 2022-01-30 13.36.44.png

Yes, I expect the sight of Jack wandering about a car park with an empty Asda bag and a full Tesco bag so the fascinated paps can get a picture will be just the thing to blow this scandal wide open. Are these Squigs high or something? I'm just worried sensational shots like that could lead Jack into the kind of media circus that claimed Diana.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Wait, where has the 2 years come from?
Lockdowns? So keeping the cheapest stuff in the shops rather than allowing those with internet access/technological abilities, the financial means to afford delivery charges, reserved delivery slots and minimum spends from rinsing the stock by bulk buying at the expense of those who don't have such advantages to go into the shop with their pensions, supermarket vouchers and benefit money to access them?

After all, the cheapest ranges are meant for the poorest people, not the ones in the position of being able to afford more. Otherwise, they'd get all the 29p pasta before those with a fiver to eat for the week have even the slightest look in.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.