Jack Monroe #250 Jack Monroe’s Patreon is a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is it lads. While she's out at the meeting Charlie Bigham HIMSELF will arrive at the bungalow like the Milk Tray man and STEAL the notebooks. As he's leaving he'll say "all because the lady loves empty shelves" then he'll do a laugh like Skeletor.
Remind me in a few hundred posts to attempt to precis this into a thread title...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I for one hope she does get a job out of this. She will be back stacking shelves. A perfectly respectable job, but how could the smol pixie narc handle her fall far from grace.

Important campaigner, chief value brand shelf stacker.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just to lighten (!) the mood wee bit, this slightly alarming headline popped up on my newsfeed.
Vlad, I have relatives who live in the area 🔺so just gonnae no? Thank space you.
Screenshot_20220130-124528~2.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Does Nigella have a thread?
She does!

Never thought my life would come to being so invested in someone potentially meeting with some lawyers from Asda, but here we are 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting where she immediately backs down in the face of smiling corporate chat with a slight undertone of legal menace. Personally I'd love a furious store manager to drag her round the shop by her horrible ear pointing at the value stuff and roaring "what's that Scotch mist????" in her stupid grifting face.

We will of course have be treated to her ridiculous "Jack Saves the Day- AGAIN" version of events which the moron squigs will eat right up. I have resigned myself to her overtaking the Queen in the wealth stakes via Patreon donations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Oh please please please let it be lawyers and she has to issue a full out apology for what were ignorant claims. If the grifting witch had been anywhere near Asda in the past ten years she would have known the prices were still there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
It's utterly depressing that there are hundreds of people who have enough disposable income to give monthly donations, who actively choose to give that money to one person who doesn't need it instead of a foodbank or charity.

It doesn't matter whether you think she deserves it for all her 'campaigning', more good would be achieved if the money went elsewhere.

I don't think there will be a Patreon uprising. These people don't want postcards and framed prints. They want to feel warm and fuzzy for being good and generous. And they do now, in the same way Nigella et al feel for 'amplifying disenfranchised voices' (retweeting Jack).

And Jack sleeps soundly, because she believes she deserves it all for her many years of ardourous work.

On another note, because it gets asked all the time, any income, whether be it on Patreon, tipjar, PayPal, etc. has to be declared as income. We have no evidence to suggest she hasn't done this.
This personally if I help a charity I gave all the money to the charity. I have actually donated food and money to my local charity who have nothing to do with her, local community run.

I honestly couldn't run around claiming that I am helping these people whilst raking in money that could indeed help them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Let's face it, Nigella Lawson is exactly the kind of out-of-touch rich person who Jack's schtick appeals to. She'd probably believe that the poor sell used lightbulbs and grate corned beef, because it's so far from her sphere of understanding.

These Patreons, like Nigella, won't mind that they're not getting beige recipe cards, because by funding Jack's lifestyle, they are Helping The Poor.

For anyone new, here are some pieces from Jack's original blog, long since deleted by her but kept alive by the Wayback Machine:

(A reminder: Jack quit her job in the fire service in Nov 2011. The official line is that she then spent 18 months in poverty. Here's what she said at the time.)

October 2012 - leaving her "luxury executive apartment" which, at 725/month "is expensive for what it is":

View attachment 1026948

Oct 2012: new flat found. She has adopted two cats, as you do in crippling poverty. Her first priority is buying paint:

Nov 2012: in the midst of crippling poverty, Jack quits her job (job?) and becomes a self-employed crafter.

View attachment 1026964

Jack is not a skilled crafter, as evidenced here (that outfit in the second photo!!!): https://web.archive.org/web/20130115204307/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/12/31/bread-and-jam/ Nevertheless, she has willingly left her job to pursue this.

She was also writing regular columns for her local paper in autumn 2012 - less than a year after leaving the fire service.

December 2012: Jack's circumstances have improved: https://web.archive.org/web/2013011.../12/11/10-a-week-food-shop-shopping-list-etc/

View attachment 1026969

Contrast and compare:

Jack's 2012 blog, talking about how healthy and delicious her cheap diet is. Note above that she says she CHOOSES to spend such a small amount:

View attachment 1026977

vs 2022's version of the same events:

View attachment 1026979

There's much, much more that I can dig out of the archives. But in conclusion: Jack Monroe never lived in poverty. Jack Monroe has lied for her own gains for the past decade. Don't give her money.
So her blog states all benefit payments, payments, so all that crap about momma works is yet another load of eyewash, so she was claiming benefits, was in the system.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
...just had another thought, I really hope that Asda meeting isn't about offering her a NED position 😱

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I hope they issue a C&D notice, however even if this turned out to be a meeting that was in Jack’s favour, why does she incessantly feel the need to publish everything she does in a ‘work’ capacity? (loosest sense of the word ever)

if I try to shoehorn this into an analogy, surely it would be akin to telling everyone who follows you that you’ve got a job interview? Aren’t these the kind of things most people would keep to themselves until any kind of outcome is known, instead of blaring to all and sundry?
she’s a fud. An out and out fud.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.