Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The PayPal account! If no-one's beaten me to it by now. Been looking up Lancashire hotpot recipes for tea after a yellow sticker score on lamb earlier.
Hope you got some champagne to go with it, you massive disingenuous Tory!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I know a person who has a bank account for savings that gives them perks for movies or something and too avoid paying the fee to use it they were told by the teller to put XXX amount in for half an hour and then draw it out and it waves the fee. She could have easily done this to prove a point.

Reactions: 27
Scrubbing her bank accounts and putting all her money in the offshores just in time for the HMRC investigations.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
"I literally employ an accountant" was what she said but a day or two ago, so she's obviously changed her 'accomplished business woman' hat for the 'poor little urchin' one for today... It's all smoke and mirrors. She may have 50 quid in one bank account, but probably doesn't fancy mentioning if she had 500k in another...and it's relative, no? - Radio and press interviews don't pay any money, which clearly is a lie, so it must be figurative. What is it then, 500 quid, a grand, 3 grand? tit money to someone who's loaded, but not bad for the average Jane... On a related note, but an interesting thing from her twitter photos of setting up a place in the mansion for these interviews, was just all of the lighting and recording eqiupment that she just happens to be able to pull out and must therefore own. None of that is cheap, would be weird to make such an investment for something that "doesn't pay any money".
Interviews often are unpaid. Anything with her byline is paid for.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don’t recall her mentioning about the covid loans Rishi wrote off… I may have missed it but surely it would be a good opportunity to mention this also? Unless of course…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Another thing that rattles me I just remembered as a mate said it to me.

That people will happily spend £3+ on a coffee but will refuse to get a bus pay for parking at the same price due it being expensive when going shopping.

Reactions: 26
Some squigs have tagged the Guardian/Observer and the People asking why she hasn’t been paid.

They are then wondering why they can’t see the tweet that made them think she hasn’t been paid.

Poor squigs. So naïve.
Lmao enjoy the chaos squigs! You have just entered the Monroe zone of eh???

• Haha
Reactions: 36
😂

The point about different brands being the same but in different packaging is true to an extent. How much it applies across different price points I don't know though.
my beloved had a data entry temp job at the Campbells factory back in the day . The differences between the soup they made for themselves, M and S and Tescos were mainly in the seasoning

Reactions: 27
IMG_20220123_165500.jpg
Screenshot_2022-01-23-16-54-27-99.jpg

I was curious that's all 2018 and today.

Excuse the 2012 on the search bar but I wanted too see how far back I could go.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think we can safely establish that SB was no where near his maniacal mother this weekend. Something to be grateful for.

I bet she's gone round her parents for Sunday Lunch, roast lamb, no less.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.