Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"She works every day to help people in poverty" is such a bleeping insane statement that I can't quite decide whether to laugh or scream into a cushion.

Before this current shitshow, her last bit of "campaigning" was the FSM scandal, which was what...a year ago? And since then all she's done is sit on her arse, play with eyeshadow, tweet pictures of her cat and spend months in "treatment" which has clearly been about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

And yet despite this, in the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, her fans continue to promote the idea that she's working every hour God sends to eradicate poverty? That she'd never, ever ask people for money, and even if she did, well, she's got to live!

To steal a phrase that stuck in my mind from an earlier thread (sorry, can't recall who said it) - the emperor isn't just wearing no clothes, he's parading around cockslapping all and sundry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Spunked her Patreon free money already has she?

I could move everything out of my current account into my savings account online and screenshot the remaining no balance in about two minutes. Completely meaningless.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Toothpaste man is one of her best stories yet. Let's break it down, a person is so poor they are reduced to eating toothpaste to take the edge off their hunger and instead of going to a foodbank/CAB/charity/social work they log into to Twitter and tell St Slop. Incredible.
Wasn't he an 'elderly' man too?
The elderly people in my life wouldn't have a clue how to work Twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Just want to say a big Thank(space)you to all the hausfraus and herren within this little corner of the internet for keeping me on an even keel while Mx Monroe lies and grifts her way around social media. The truth will out. I have to keep telling myself that.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
"She works every day to help people in poverty" is such a bleeping insane statement that I can't quite decide whether to laugh or scream into a cushion.

Before this current shitshow, her last bit of "campaigning" was the FSM scandal, which was what...a year ago? And since then all she's done is sit on her arse, play with eyeshadow, tweet pictures of her cat and spend months in "treatment" which has clearly been about as effective as a chocolate fireguard.

And yet despite this, in the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, her fans continue to promote the idea that she's working every hour God sends to eradicate poverty? That she'd never, ever ask people for money, and even if she did, well, she's got to live!

To steal a phrase that stuck in my mind from an earlier thread (sorry, can't recall who said it) - the emperor isn't just wearing no clothes, he's parading around cockslapping all and sundry.
Completely this.

When was the last time she actually tweeted a budget recipe that could be useful for a household struggling to make ends meet? Her blog was only ever very infrequently updated, even before the Great Blackout, and she spent most of last year titting on about anchovies - hardly a staple purchase (bit like lamb!) when you've got the scantest budget for shopping.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
And yet despite this, in the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, her fans continue to promote the idea that she's working every hour God sends to eradicate poverty
Because she encourages the lie - when she's got their full attention, after the prolonged break, she's very clever to come out with all the "haven't slept, been awake for 36 hours" etc..

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And she‘d have £155 in the bank if she hadn’t spunked money on that manking cutlery. Oh, and combined with the top one, I’ve deduced that she has between £105 and £999,999 in the bank.

6CCF00C9-5230-469E-B398-769B15AA3254.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.