Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My own very dear sister shared Jack's viral tweet screenshot on Facebook today. We just had a very frank WhatsApp chat about it and she has removed it after I explained why it was incorrect. She said

'I was sure I’d seen costs go up so I figured I’d not have noticed as much as a poorer person would'

Keep having these chats with people my loves ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Screenshot_2022-01-23-17-09-30-80.jpg
also this is a comparison from 2010 the jam is 10p dearer in Asda that it is today. It's 28p today.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
There’s a squig, not on a JM thread on twitter that’s dared to question the toothpaste take. She’s holding her own but she’s been rounded on by the FMs. All she said was toothpaste is generally more expensive than some basic food and that if said gent was savvy enough to use twitter to contact JM then he could have found help.
That's exactly why I don't believe he exists. If you are capable of contacting JM for help on Twitter, you can Google your foodbank/soup kitchen/MP, etc. I also don't doubt that there are poor people in the UK, but if you have zero food, zero money and only a tub of toothpaste, the solution is not 10p stock cubes and 50p pasta.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
So, let's break it down, shall we? She's gone from claiming that she is unpaid for all this recent media work to now claiming that she's generously donating her previously non-existant fees?
vm_EHJkLs3cX80XuYzVf2Y4cp9w7rbzIwEAurmp7UTY.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
No money in the bank but donating everything she earns to the Trussell Trust?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Not been on these threads in months and months but, bleeping hell, I hope those therapy sessions she (allegedly) had in that rehab place weren’t costed in line with current inflation because they clearly had (net) zero effect on her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.