Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It did need to be said, because it’s not obvious that she would donate the money?! Where in any world is that obvious?! She’s virtue signalling because she’s been caught out and is doing her usual deflection.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Some squigs have tagged the Guardian/Observer and the People asking why she hasn’t been paid.

They are then wondering why they can’t see the tweet that made them think she hasn’t been paid.

Poor squigs. So naïve.
Why does she think she can spout this bollocks without the squigs doing that? She baffles me constantly even now

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She sure makes a lot of wild donation promises with absolutely no evidence to back them up every time she's in the spotlight

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
That's exactly why I don't believe he exists. If you are capable of contacting JM for help on Twitter, you can Google your foodbank/soup kitchen/MP, etc. I also don't doubt that there are poor people in the UK, but if you have zero food, zero money and only a tub of toothpaste, the solution is not 10p stock cubes and 50p pasta.
...and how can she try to describe a random who took contact to discuss his problems as "intensely private" (or something like that). How would she know, and in any case, the evidence suggests the opposite to be true... Smells of bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
"The last line in my daily prayer is this: ‘Just for today I will be unafraid…And believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me’."

I didn't know there was a Grifters Prayer

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Don’t they usually put that at the end of the article if they’re donating their fee?

She doesn’t say HOW MUCH of her fee she’s donating. And I fully believe she had no intention of donating any of the fee before she realised some people know her grift and are talking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Quite clever mind. Charities don’t have to respond to FOI requests. No one would know either way.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.