Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely this.

When was the last time she actually tweeted a budget recipe that could be useful for a household struggling to make ends meet? Her blog was only ever very infrequently updated, even before the Great Blackout, and she spent most of last year titting on about anchovies - hardly a staple purchase (bit like lamb!) when you've got the scantest budget for shopping.
The lamb thing as well… cheap cuts of lamb are a staple of Irish stew which is very much a POOR PERSONS dinner (and quite gross, was force fed it as a child. Boke)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The lamb thing as well… cheap cuts of lamb are a staple of Irish stew which is very much a POOR PERSONS dinner (and quite gross, was force fed it as a child. Boke)
Her fixation with lamb strikes me as odd when she appropriates her Greek-Cypriot heritage so often - famously a cuisine that has a lot of lamb-based dishes. She even has lamb recipes in her earlier books!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
It's worth noting that we know for a fact that Jack has accounts with at least two banks. She said this herself when the ATM swallowed her card and she demanded that the teller give her money, trying to use her tattoos as ID.

The whole incident was hilarious, but part of what made it so funny was that the card & account in question were from Bank A, but she was in Bank B kicking up a stink. Even without the tattoo ID thing, imagine going into HSBC and saying, "Hi, I have an account here and one at Barclays. Give me my Barclays money please."

I'm with @Veronicaaa. She's just thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Oh receipts shown.

Completed it mate 💅

Soz I've been on the Katie Price thread ..what a tit show that is ..its fantastic 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
It's worth noting that we know for a fact that Jack has accounts with at least two banks. She said this herself when the ATM swallowed her card and she demanded that the teller give her money, trying to use her tattoos as ID.

The whole incident was hilarious, but part of what made it so funny was that the card & account in question were from Bank A, but she was in Bank B kicking up a stink. Even without the tattoo ID thing, imagine going into HSBC and saying, "Hi, I have an account here and one at Barclays. Give me my Barclays money please."

I'm with @Veronicaaa. She's just thick.
You’d be surprised how often this happened. As an ex retail banking Frau, I can confirm that many do think banks are interchangeable, like herbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Toothpaste man is one of her best stories yet. Let's break it down, a person is so poor they are reduced to eating toothpaste to take the edge off their hunger and instead of going to a foodbank/CAB/charity/social work they log into to Twitter and tell St Slop. Incredible.
Also has access to Twitter somehow. If you’re eating toothpaste, surely you’re literally on the bones of your arse & don’t have internet? I’m not being an arse on purpose-I guess theoretically he could be using free WiFi or something but it all sounds bizarre. Well, it would if I believed he actually existed.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm going to enjoy the fallout when her and Roadside Mum go head to head. Theyre at the polite compliments stage at the moment but RM just turned down a contribution from Jack for her book because Jack's not poor anymore. Sweetens the pill by praising her writing but the poverty purity game is ON.
Still think they should date each other just for the shitshow that would ensue!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Which account did the spoons come out of then?
The PayPal account! If no-one's beaten me to it by now. Been looking up Lancashire hotpot recipes for tea after a yellow sticker score on lamb earlier.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
The thing is people believe what they read she is a. Exhibit A of this the squigs believe her tripe about being poor and eating lampshades or whatever, others believe that Somone with her level of work and "campaigning" would indeed have 100000s in the bank because she had indeed worked some fancy schmancy jobs.

It's all gone quiet on the western front regarding the love it's now turned into what it's always does a tit for tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There’s a squig, not on a JM thread on twitter that’s dared to question the toothpaste take. She’s holding her own but she’s been rounded on by the FMs. All she said was toothpaste is generally more expensive than some basic food and that if said gent was savvy enough to use twitter to contact JM then he could have found help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm going to enjoy the fallout when her and Roadside Mum go head to head. Theyre at the polite compliments stage at the moment but RM just turned down a contribution from Jack for her book because Jack's not poor anymore. Sweetens the pill by praising her writing but the poverty purity game is ON.
Grunking at the moment so I'm not sure how far I am behind. I have noticed that the interactions between them aren't as frequent as they used to be. There's lot's of "she does good work" type comments but much less of the caring comments with kisses that they used to have between them like "go to sleep xx"

I don't think these two are friends anymore. I think they're 'polite' competition.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
How do we know that's real?!

The bank account I mean.

Also why spend so much on crap if you know it's going to leave you short. My children have had a busy weekend this week socially so I actually cut back on stuff to accommodate this.

I have a savings account with £7 and an old bank account with £12 in it. Am I poor?
I also have access to several other accounts with more money than that. It’s meaningless.

if I was responsible for a child (and I am) and I only had £36 I would GO AND GET A bleeping JOB!
But she’s lying, and he’s elsewhere….

did anyone else pick up on that little tale about him putting all those silly stickers up in the kitchen- is he ageing backwards?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.