Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sioc

I'm too lazy to go find the exact post, but one of the things that irritates me most about the recent chaos was in her original thread lamenting the disproportionate effect of inflation on the poorest (not untrue to be fair to her!) a squig replied to one of the pricings saying something like "You can get that cheaper in lidl". Was her response to retweet that in order to help people find the cheapest food? Nope, she just replied to the squig saying (something like) "Lidl is too far from me".

Even in her big polemic about helping the poorest she just can't get away from that "me me me" mentality.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69

colouredlines

VIP Member
It's worth noting that we know for a fact that Jack has accounts with at least two banks. She said this herself when the ATM swallowed her card and she demanded that the teller give her money, trying to use her tattoos as ID.

The whole incident was hilarious, but part of what made it so funny was that the card & account in question were from Bank A, but she was in Bank B kicking up a stink. Even without the tattoo ID thing, imagine going into HSBC and saying, "Hi, I have an account here and one at Barclays. Give me my Barclays money please."

I'm with @Veronicaaa. She's just thick.

• Haha

Clovis

VIP Member
So, let's break it down, shall we? She's gone from claiming that she is unpaid for all this recent media work to now claiming that she's generously donating her previously non-existant fees?
vm_EHJkLs3cX80XuYzVf2Y4cp9w7rbzIwEAurmp7UTY.gif

• Haha
  • Heart

instacharlie

VIP Member
Well, I for one am thinking that Jack's bank account screenshot is amazing!
Imagine the skills to be in the 3rd week of the month, bought a shit load of spoons on Ebay, went to buy groceries on Friday night as we all know, and yet can accurately whittle her account down to £0.00......not even leaving a rogue tuppence in there OR going overdrawn!! That's 10 years worth of skills right there. I've always either got random pennies or have been overdrawn, never can I get a big fat even £0.00.
I mean, that is correct isn't it? There's no way anyone would juggle accounts to take that screenshot and try to prove a point, is there? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Well we can't complain about not providing receipts in this case, I suppose.
I’m sure she’s got other accounts elsewhere. She’s being tricksy again.

ETA and on reflection how fucking DISGUSTING of her to do this. To LIE. To PRETEND SHES POOR.

• Heart

waffle maker

VIP Member
I watched the programme about the police not catching the Grindr killer. So many people tried to raise the alarm. I feel like this about Jack- why do so many people not see the grift when hundreds have (and have found their way here).

I have been reading along the last few days but a bit lost for words. Love to you all.

• Heart
  • Haha

ednaturnblad

Remember this is a woman who thinks the CPI should be re written to include only the items she deems relevant, and somehow thinks it will be more useful on a national scale. Narcissistic indeed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

jenny2603

VIP Member
I cannot bloody stand this. After a lengthy break from all things Jack and despite having her blocked and muted, her showboating nincompoopery still manages to find me. Someone with clout really needs to do a deep dive into her finances and expose the awful poverty vampire once and for all. It's our stupid and superficial media culture that allows this parasite to thrive, rather than do the real work of going and talking to people and organisations with real knowledge, lets wheel out the peoples urchin for another self indulgent display of hyperbole. Honestly it's like living in a particularly vivid cheese dream.

We're facing a cost of living crisis which will add further hardship to people already struggling to get by, we're governed by incompetent drunks and instead of reflecting real public anger and centring people with real experience and solutions we get the public indulgence of a spoiled middle class girl throwing a decade long passive aggressive tantrum because her parents didn't hand over the cheque book and tell her to go wild. Oh and there's the final insult of whole swathes of the left blowing smoke up this fraud's pampered arse because she hates the Tories so she must be a good guy.

To end on a positive note whoever picked that smug picture of her to accompany the people will starve to death headline certainly got her character dead on- she loves rubbernecking at the misery, actively hoping it gets worse. If she had any basic decency she'd highlight that whilst many people will struggle and that's unacceptable there are a plethora of organisations out there that can help and that there is no need whatsoever for a single person to starve to death. She could use her flair for publicity to highlight these organisations and make sure people have the information they need.

Last edited:
  • Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I just want someone to ask her, on live TV, how much she knows about Terry Pratchett 😅

It seems there’s no hope for anyone asking her why she’s fucking slandering poor ole Shoeburyness Asda. FYI Jack, my kids had a proper slow-cooked, home made, flavorful (I know this is wild!), organic bolognese today. With 20p Asda smart price spaghetti….. bought about a week ago. I don’t think “they” are trying to kill me with these prices. Gas and water prices, council tax, lack of reliable/affordable wrap-around childcare are my biggest concerns TBH.

• Heart
  • Sad

Flivver

VIP Member
Maybe Jackie Gal is wanting all to take a spoonful of sugar to make her spouted shite go down better??
Nanny knows best! Spit spot you economics experts - she’s been to the Asda, doncha know!

Nasty flying monkeys deployed to slap down anyone who dares to disagree and quote the actual facts. Her stateside fans think ‘the poor’ are dying in the street here. Her smug ‘I’m poor too mate’ face. Too much.

This country has been through enough since 2020 without her fearmongering. The frontline supermarket staff have plodded on, going to work during the lockdowns whilst most could stay home. They got grief from panic-buying, unmasked superspreaders about food shortages. They are on their knees, despondent and worn out. Now they’ll be told they are racketeering! Fuck off Jack Monroe - middle class, tax avoiding gobshite with your pricey RENTED not-a-bungalow by the seaside. £105 cutlery, £80 hairdo and high end make-up.

• Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
And who is going to pay for this research?

It is all well and good relying on volunteers, but they will drop off very quickly when they see how chaotic Jack is. There are also incidental costs, who will pay them.
Exactly!

I genuinely think there are very few people incapable of academic research. It doesn’t necessarily require the highest intelligence or the most innovative brain; God knows my colleagues and I are pretty ordinary, boring people.

But what good quality research does require is discipline, time, and unfortunately, money. You have to be willing to commit years of your life to projects, work rigorously, and come out the other side finding that you’re totally wrong, or that there wasn’t really anything meaningful in what you’ve researched. It’s shit, but we’ve all been there.

Jack simply doesn’t have the discipline. She is incapable of sitting down and humbling herself enough to do the work required for research. Also, you have to be able to tell the truth, so that cuts Ms. Monroe down at the first hurdle.

I’m going to go and have coffee and bake something not sloppy. Number Crunching Jack is worse than Tinned Fish Jack. I can't believe I'm once again wishing for fish.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
I know bugger all about price indexes or such and haven't taken a 10 year granular interest in such things, but I was listening to Farming Today this morning and something struck me about Jackanomics. She seems to have no curiosity or interest in the production of food or farming or why some foodstuffs might be getting more expensive eg her assertion apples are smaller and more expensive - is there a reason for this? Have weather conditions affected the apple harvest? She seems to think food production is a static thing - and pricing is just decided arbitrarily to annoy poor people. She might be right - but I have seen no evidence of her looking into any reasons for food price increases other than 'prices have gone up and this is wrong'. I have no idea myself, but don't pretend to be an expert.
Anecdata, but when I got my first sheep in 2016, a 20kg sack of ewe rolls was £5.70. It's now £9.50. Other farming costs have gone up similarly and wool is down to about 30p a kg, so we lose about £1.20 for every sheep shorn.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 67