Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Does she look like someone who’s worried that ‘the poor will starve to death’ or does that shit eating grin look like someone who is loving all this?!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 77

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The supermarkets racketeering and people dying comments are so irresponsible. This is what she does though - starts showing off terribly because she thinks she is now invincible. She will just get ruder and ruder until she says the wrong thing to the wrong person.
People who feel sorry for her are a lot nicer than me. I think she is just ghastly and manipulative. Her pretending she needs adults to tell her to eat and sleep, and being proud of that, is quite revolting at her age. Pity she didn't listen to these 'friends' when she was hell bent on choosing to let her child go hungry.
I still am quite bewildered at her inane thoughts on pricing being taken remotely seriously. It's like something out of Brass Eye.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
I was thinking about this a lot so apologies if already covered, but the Vimes analogy does not work for her purposes. If anything, a ‘Vimes Boots Index’ would track DECREASING prices, as it’s all about how poor people are penalised in the long term for buying cheap goods (eg boots, tellies, even light bulbs) as it’s a false economy. And these goods HAVE been getting cheaper, but this absolutely has nothing to do with the rising price of food. Which again, is happening, but not in the anecdotal way she’s sharing. And the ‘squeeze’ being felt is much more to do with stagnating salaries and higher fuel prices. It has nothing to do with the cost of value rice.

A squiggle pointed it out in an earlier screenshot and JM’s response showed they didn’t understand the Vimes analogy or his point at all.

Anyway, this nonsense is truly bringing out all the lurkers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

Chudney

Can I just say when MR did his thing with the school meals he actually lobbied the pm and got results pretty much instantly.

He then worked on full time meals and has raised loads for this in need. He has remained humble throughout and carries on in his real job.

She has done nothing but talk for days, weeks, years now and yet we are all in the same boat. All she ever does is Yammer on. It's BORING. Actually get out there and sort it if that's what you wanna do.

Rant over. Going for a piss and a coffee.
This is the thing that annoys me so much. Her ‘activism’ comprises solely of tweeting and yet there are people falling over themselves to thank her ‘for everything that you do’. She does nothing for anybody else, unless there’s something in it for her. Infuriating!

• Heart
  • Sad

Fruitjack

VIP Member
Mr F has just innocently said ‘I see your mate is all over the place’ and I grunted and he said ‘well it’s a good thing she’s highlighting’ and it has led to a huge row and me ranting and now the atmosphere is frosty.

ah well long term readers will know that this frees up my Saturday morning for more grunking.
quoting myself like a ninny but actually it was really horrid and I got myself almost tearful like kids do when they can’t express themselves properly and made worse by the fact that I do generally agree about how awful it is for people in need. Normally Mr F is a bit further to the right than me so it feels all wrong. I’m furious that I’ve let her get to me like this. I stepped away but I came back because I love and miss you fab lot but I’m going again. I know, not an airport.

can someone please summon me when we’re back to slop?

• Heart
  • Sad

jenny2603

VIP Member
Spent her last few pounds helping toothpaste man I suppose.
Toothpaste man is one of her best stories yet. Let's break it down, a person is so poor they are reduced to eating toothpaste to take the edge off their hunger and instead of going to a foodbank/CAB/charity/social work they log into to Twitter and tell St Slop. Incredible.

• Haha
  • Heart
I don't know what is worse, the fact that this ghoul is thoroughly enjoying herself whilst perpetuating fear and misery or the fact that she is getting paid for it. Any bets on what the money will be spunked on? A sideboard, a toaster, a new black eye palette, snowflake snuff powder, spicy pringles? Definitely a uselessness luxury item though. Jack you should donate all your fees to the TT or an independent food bank.

Please don't anyone pity her btw. She is acting a part, quite possibly using make up to aid that part (she has form). It's all fake, if she stayed up all night then it was self inflicted, with or without the aid of you know what. She is sick, she has had the audacity to lie in print about the poor man and the toothpaste. And if he was real, she is preventing him from getting much needed help from squiggles. Plus promoting a very sick and triggering headine while smiling smugly about the prospect of people dying. She is loving all of this. It's horrible and I cannot wait for eventual fall. I hope there are pics of her doing a Henry Hoover and I hope they get published in the DM. And HMRC need to serve her her arse.

• Heart
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Wasn't it during the free school meals that SB walked in with some cornflakes saying "mumma you need to eat something"? (Allegedly according to what she posted on twitter)

Because she'd been so busy twatting on twatter and doing a few interviews that she'd done zero prep for🙄

She has no concept of working or being busy but somehow imagines she's in a the 2021 version of a dickensian workhouse.

• Sad
  • Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Sir Matt of Forearms isn't on Saturday Kitchen this morning as he's just been in hospital having his appendix out!

Saw this tweet 😬

View attachment 1006889
That would MAKE my day. ‘So many would benefit’ - yes, this thread and our collective joy / horror. I miss those simple days of laughing at her thin, chalky lasagne sauce, and that fist, shoving that corned beef down the coarse side of the grater.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

MancBee

VIP Member
No below the line - I wonder why..
At the bottom of the article, Jack states that the issue isn't going anywhere, and neither is she.

Well if the issue isn't going anywhere, what is the point in her campaign? Surely the point of any anti poverty campaign should be to work towards eradicating poverty, i.e. make the issue go away.

BUT Jack doesn't want the issue to go away, it is her only reason for existing within the media bubble that she loves to be included in, despite her protestations to the contrary.

• Heart
  • Sad
Доброе утро frauen, being BUSY as Vlad's PA doesn't leave much time for grunking these days, but he wanted me to report back with the situation in Russia. Of course, Thorpe Bay is the centre of the known universe but I thought it would be useful to note that other places exist which are *also* experiencing food price increases (maverick, I know :cool:).

Russia's food prices have been increasing for a while now and are hitting poorer Russians hard, but this is a complex situation. After sanctions were imposed in 2014, inflation went a bit crazy and prices skyrocketed, but a combination of counter sanctions and increase in agricultural practices meant that they dropped in the years following. But the pandemic has had an impact globally on supply chains and the availability of (sad to say) terribly paid migrant labour. Russia relies massively on farm workers from former Soviet republics AND we know that Britain does/did too rely on largely Eastern Europeans picking strawberries for £2/hour or something appalling like that. Actually, both Brexit and sanctions for Crimea are comparable in terms of availability of goods/ease of imports across the border.

Russia has several indexes for tracking real-world price increases which focus on the shopping habits of average Russians (the vast majority of which live paycheck to paycheck). The Borscht Index tracks the cost of the standard ingredients for making borscht soup (potatoes, carrots, beets, sour cream etc) and has risen between 2-15% since this time last year (depending on which region you live in). The Olivier (salad Russians love to eat at new year which is basically sausage, potatoes, pickles and mayo) Index has risen by up to 15% since last year. These indexes don't include champagne or lamb or caviar, but they are not crazy figures like 344% because they reflect the actual situation that is happening? Which is that poor/late harvests, increase in farming equipment and supplies and lack of cheap labour (plus panny d) have caused a rise in inflation. But it's also acknowledged that these indexes only have limited use in capturing the nuance between family to family, region to region - to actually do that would require a crazy amount of work (lol) that Jack just aint gonna do 🥴

So in response Vlad capped prices on some of the Russian staples such as sugar and oil and flour. Economists are saying that this is a stupid short term fix (he had an election coming OKAY) and will actually fuck the economy more in the long run by discouraging farmers (who are already struggling in the UK as several fraus have mentioned). It seems like this is what Jack wants to happen too? It also seems like Jack is focusing her attention on bags of carbs/things in tins rather than fresh food like she doesn't understand that these things are also dependent on farmers/crops?? When it comes down to it, the main issue is the fact that salaries/benefits are not increasing in line with being able to pay for food (and the terrifying energy hike which is partly due to Vlad hoarding all the gas - see, it's all CONNECTED). Shouting at the Tories for purposely screwing "the poor" by refusing to protect cheap food prices displays a terrible grasp of the complexity of the situation.

ANYWAY thank you for coming to my lecture. Might I suggest Jack's index drop the ridiculous Vimes analogy (food gets eaten almost immediately so it's not a false economy at all - you can either afford it or you can't??) and renames it after one of her essential slop dishes? How about the Come-to-Bed-Parmigiana Index? Horse-Spunk-Lasagne Index? Manky-Salad-Bag-Pesto Index? The options are endless...
Thank you for the view from Russia. However, as Russian beetroot isn't sold in one Southend Asda, it's irrelevant. Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart

karenina

The Times has a bit on this today:

It’s true that you may not see the price rise in a can of Tesco basics baked beans reflected in official inflation rates — but a lot of calculations do go into the Office for National Statistics’s monthly figures. It analyses 180,000 prices of 720 consumer goods (that’s 250 price quotes for each item) at 140 UK locations. Non-food costs, like housing or energy, are measured using a total of 300,000 quotes a month.

Goes on to talk about how items bought less frequently are weighted accordingly ... anyway, JM will need a lot of receipts to rival this won't she ?? But I'm sure her model of walking to asda and back and retrieving stolen bits of blank paper will be just as efficient.

• Heart
  • Haha