Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been done and I've missed it. (I'm obviously doing 20hr days putting my draining board research together, at a granular level, getting other draining board and dish washing ergonomic experts together in my dedicated group chat, to explain I know more about this than them).
Sixty bastard quid on a squatty potty????????!!!!!!! WTAF

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Can I just say when MR did his thing with the school meals he actually lobbied the pm and got results pretty much instantly.

He then worked on full time meals and has raised loads for this in need. He has remained humble throughout and carries on in his real job.

She has done nothing but talk for days, weeks, years now and yet we are all in the same boat. All she ever does is Yammer on. It's BORING. Actually get out there and sort it if that's what you wanna do.

Rant over. Going for a piss and a coffee.
Too true.

Remember that not once did she like or comment on Marcus and Tom’s weekly Instagram recipes for Full Time Meals.

Nada, zilch, nothing, radio silence, no AMPLIFICATION there Ninnies. Probably because she wasn’t involved (and no money in it for her) despite her frequent pronouncements that she was working ‘behind the scenes’ on the project…she inferred as much to that squig who mentioned Marcus yesterday.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 88
I have just used the word 'Granular' in a sentence with Mrs TUIT.
She did that screwed up confused face thing and said, "The German Women?"
I've creased myself up.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Would any more learned and experienced fraus be interested in compiling a #JMEI (Jack Monroe Earnings Index) to work out how much money she has made over the last 10 years (remembering that for a chunk of them she lived with very well of partners and I assume had v low outgoings)

Kickstarter - £68k
Hellmann's " 5 figure deal" - £12k being conservative?
Del Monte - ? But I assume similar, or more actually as they gave £10k to charity. So maybe £20k?
Netflix - they aren't short a bob or two - £10k?
DKL - no idea!
126 articles and recipes for the guardian (I counted) - £250 each (? No idea) £31,500
18 months of Patreon - let's call it £1k a month ( v conservative, I suspect someone may have a more accurate figure) £18k

So that's £160k before the book deal, website, other appearances etc. Plus fumbled deals like sainsburys and Linda McCartney. And all of the things I've forgotten

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been earning well over 40k a year - a reasonable amount (although if she'd got her act together it could've been a lot more imo) and she definitely shouldn't be pleading poverty.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
I was just thinking about pre-2020 when no one was keeping a record of Jack receipts. I bet TD remembers loads as Jack mentioned during trifle gate she blocked her ages ago so am thinking TDwould have had more awareness as a food writer etc so probably remember various Jacks we don’t even know about

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I have been wondering today if there's any appetite in this group in putting the threads on hold for a day or two, with a big sign saying something like:

"Closed for now to show our disgust at Jack Monroe's lies and irresponsibly incorrect inflationary tricks. Read previous threads. Returning soon. Signed: articulate Fraus"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Would any more learned and experienced fraus be interested in compiling a #JMEI (Jack Monroe Earnings Index) to work out how much money she has made over the last 10 years (remembering that for a chunk of them she lived with very well of partners and I assume had v low outgoings)

Kickstarter - £68k
Del Monte - ? But I assume similar, or more actually as they gave £10k to charity. So maybe £20k?
DKL - no idea!
126 articles and recipes for the guardian (I counted) - £250 each (? No idea) £31,500
18 months of Patreon - let's call it £1k a month ( v conservative, I suspect someone may have a more accurate figure) £18k

So that's £160k before the book deal, website, other appearances etc. Plus fumbled deals like sainsburys and Linda McCartney. And all of the things I've forgotten

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been earning well over 40k a year - a reasonable amount (although if she'd got her act together it could've been a lot more imo) and she definitely shouldn't be pleading poverty.
She said somewhere she used to make money at speaking events at festivals etc

I think the Netflix money was loads which explains the christmas tree worth hundreds of pounds

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I have been wondering today if there's any appetite in this group in putting the threads on hold for a day or two, with a big sign saying something like:

"Closed for now to show our disgust at Jack Monroe's lies and irresponsibly incorrect inflationary tricks. Read previous threads. Returning soon. Signed: articulate Fraus"
The Kate Hayes thread tried something similar last year and got in trouble with mods for it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

Kickstarter - £68k
DKL - no idea!

£40k a year is definitely a conservative estimate IMO. I'd LOVE to know how much she makes when she does a direct public appeal to paypal her eg at the start of lockdown in 2020.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
I keep coming back to the question of "what does this do, what will it achieve?"
I’d actually argue she’s achieved negative equity on these past 72 hours as she has: 1. happily taken space from actual charities that could have used the platform to reach more people in need 2. sorely missed the opportunity to spam the Trussel Trust details (for either donations or awareness) with every tweet (think she did it once now buried in her 100’s of other me-rails) 3. squandered the once in a lifetime rapid engagement of the blue ticks. As odious as the whole thing was she could have capitalised by doing something cheeky like “thanks for booster saucing H, if you agree it’s important fancy making a donation to TT?” y’know actually secured a substantial short term cash injection from people that have it to spare?

Its very revealing that her solutions “wagesandbenefits” has the onus on the victim to fix for themselves. “Claim benefits” (which most people won’t be eligible for regardless) I.e sort it yourself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
I bet TD remembers loads as Jack mentioned during trifle gate she blocked her ages ago
This was mentioned a while ago but I don't think it's true, I'm sure TD blocked her at the time of her short long COVID when she was attempting to step on Ryan Riley's toes wrt writing a book for people with no working tastebuds (which tbf would be a perfect fit for her). Not long after triflegate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Remember that not once did she like or comment on Marcus and Tom’s weekly Instagram recipes for Full Time Meals.

Nada, zilch, nothing, radio silence, no AMPLIFICATION there Ninnies. Probably because she wasn’t involved (and no money in it for her)
She doesn't amplify anyone else's anything. I think this is why there hasn't been a RT or any kind of endorsement for RSM's book despite their 'friendship'. She doesn't RT other food writers or chefs even. It's all me me me. Total narcissist.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It would be great if Jack fell into the mainly harmless rabbit hole of investigating the increase in the cost of Freddo's over the years-
The freddo index has already been done

freddo_indx.png

Jack could just about be up to tracking the price of basic rice and pasta. Especially as it's not gone up in the last year.

Maybe she could back up her conspiracy theory about prices being put up by the supermarket every single day by pennies to screw people. Her source seemed to be that she once worked in a supermarket and had a pricing gun 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Wow, the last few days… I’m not sure what I have to add that hasn’t already been said!

I avoid lisitening to her but morbid curiosity got the better of me and I listening the the JOB interview 😱😱😱 I gave up after a couple of mins, how did anyone think she was in a fit state to be on? She was shambolic.

lastly, I’m laughing at Jackie thinking she can knock this new index up over the weekend 😂 I’m looking forward to her excuses as to why it doesn’t happen.

P.s. love to all who have been affected by her

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Not grunked yet sorry if this lands in a an odd place.
My husband watches a guy called Atomic Shrimp on YouTube. His latest video on supermarket prices could be interesting. I haven’t watched it fully yet but skimmed forward to 6 minutes where he has put prices in a spreadsheet. I noticed those 22p Asda beans that apparently don’t exist anymore are there…

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.