Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am actually appalled at her family, friends and therapist for letting get this involved. Listening to her on the radio yesterday took my right back to last year when she unravelled and ended up in the special day care.

That was less than a year ago.....

And yet they are standing by and letting her get swept up in something so huge with absolutely no proper research or plan.

I have a feeling she will be a celeb we read about in a few years time and not for happy news.

Also everyone seems to forget she has a kid. I feel so bad for him and not because I am a ninny and I am judging her because he needs his mum and it feels like she's never there.

Sorry I'm feeling sad this morning, but to think my two kids not having me when they need me because I am too caught up in my own tit. Makes me feel awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Dear Tunnel, you are doing the work for her again.

I reckon she’ll suddenly think about including school uniforms today 🙄

Me too. Lowered my blood pressure considerably. All the retweets of her own tweets - just exhausting.

If I want to know what batshittery she’s up to, I’ll come here.
The mute button has also been activated in the Pavlova household too. I'm currently enjoying a 140mph Police Interceptors car chase on catch-up telly without any slop or cretinous blue-tickers in sight. 😄 Bliss
(Edit to add I wish someone would nick Jacksie for impersonating a chef) 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 33
We've still got those Asda food photos to look forward to. I hope she chucks in a few random spoons so I can mark them off on the map.
God, I am so excited.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack's sudden rise to baffling "fame" will drive more people to Google her, bringing more people here.

She must be shiting it right now . The receipts of her nonsense are right here biding their time
YES! Jack thinks her insular tatty bunch of receipts dating back 10 years are going to get her launched into the big time.

It's the receipts here that are more relevant.

🥕

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Blurst- regarding uniforms, many round here (inc academies) are changing to more traditional ones (much to the fury of parents- quite rightly) that cannot be bought from supermarkets. Kilts and jumpers with logos on etc. These are then even more expensive than the inflated supermarket priced basic ones.

The fact that this isn’t even on her radar just goes to show how narrow her view is regarding inflation/pricing issues and it’s impact on society today.
I'd imagine she's not as involved with SBs day to day life as she likes to pretend, so doesn't really know the cost. Especially as she was in rehab for 16 weeks, including the times most parents would've been sorting uniforms.

We're lucky here in the NT, in that everyone gets a $150 school voucher. It brought the total of buying my daughter's stuff (3 shirts at $35, 3 pairs of shorts at $25, the bookpack, and a few other bits) down to $182. Obviously not as big as an expense as blazers etc, but still a hit, and that's not including new sneakers either.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
What I can't get over about yesterday is that she basically started out the day by instigating a phone-in where various people implied they were suicidal and didn't know how they were going to go on (one guy said he didn't think he'd make it to the end of the year) and ended it high as a kite on adulation, posting pics of her massive tea chest thing and her vast array of tea bags, boasting about all her media appearances, and going on about how she's going to Asda to stock up on their economy range just so that she can photograph her haul. It's beyond tone deaf. Did she even mention how people can help yesterday, did she post any links to charities or helplines? Naw, all she cares about is the boost in her own visibility.

ETA - she's awake and apparently has the role of Prime Minister in her sights.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 10.16.22.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Wasn't it during the free school meals that SB walked in with some cornflakes saying "mumma you need to eat something"? (Allegedly according to what she posted on twitter)

Because she'd been so busy twatting on twatter and doing a few interviews that she'd done zero prep for🙄

She has no concept of working or being busy but somehow imagines she's in a the 2021 version of a dickensian workhouse.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
A lying grifting bad haired narcissist? Yeah, actually I can see her in number 10

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Praise beans, a new thread!

Race you to the value tinned fish in aisle 3.
200 (53).gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Sir Matt of Forearms isn't on Saturday Kitchen this morning as he's just been in hospital having his appendix out!

Saw this tweet 😬

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.24.40.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
A lying grifting bad haired narcissist? Yeah, actually I can see her in number 10
Definite parallel between the news about the blond kumquat's secret Fortnum's deliveries and certain invisible Ocado big shops.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
My dad used to keep all his receipts in a chicken,not a real obvs 😂😂

Imagine nooo henrietta I need the one for for argos 1994 the black kettle..cluckkkkkkk.

Anyways is she still going 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
some very optimistic voters on the poll this morning

optimistic = anyone picking anything but the last option!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
if she does become prime minister , who are we nominating to go on BBC news to suggest she is “entirely disingenuous” ?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I feel like I should add in a reminder that Jack monroe, director of on a bootstrap LTD hasn’t paid her taxes yet. Just in case any newbies or FT journos read this!
Genuinely can’t wait until they are published. She can’t hide her true financial situation for much longer surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If she did get into number 10 she would fit right in. She's everything that the current pm is and more.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.