Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember this is a woman who thinks the CPI should be re written to include only the items she deems relevant, and somehow thinks it will be more useful on a national scale. Narcissistic indeed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Remember this is a woman who thinks the CPI should be re written to include only the items she deems relevant, and somehow thinks it will be more useful on a national scale. Narcissistic indeed.
I actually do hope she makes the list now as it will show how insular she is

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I found secondary school uniform is more expensive but you buy much less of it. Primary school uniform buying can be constant thing with outgrowing and ruining it. I used to buy shoes every term, I haven’t bought any in a year for her.
I work in a secondary 🔺and there is loads of discretionary help with uniform, because they have to wear it correctly then they help with that. And they help when you start school as well so it’s not a major outlay.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Her twitter likes column shows just how deluded she is. This is one of many but she really thinks she's doing something here, eh?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 09.29.19.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
It is horrid when something we care so deeply about affects us in other ways. It is obvious from our posts that the last few days have made us all want to keep on to make others see the light but it is also obvious that we feel dejected that this is happening all over again.

❤ to whoever needs it. Muting helps. Leaving helps. Chocolate buttons (giant) sometimes help. Loudhailers at 5.30am definitely do not help 😂.
That’s why I returned. Here feels like therapy knowing you are amongst others who feel the way you do. Otherwise I think I’d go mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I found secondary school uniform is more expensive but you buy much less of it. Primary school uniform buying can be constant thing with outgrowing and ruining it. I used to buy shoes every term, I haven’t bought any in a year for her.
I work in a secondary 🔺and there is loads of discretionary help with uniform, because they have to wear it correctly then they help with that. And they help when you start school as well so it’s not a major outlay.
So, we had loads of those clippy ties that could be exchanged each day for things if students lost theirs but if they were lost for more than a week, they needed replacing (v v common). They started at £9, then it was decided to put a logo on which increased it to £11 so everyone had to buy a new tie that year. But a new one was needed in Y11 (because it was their final year) so everyone had to buy a new one then. That was just the tie. Don’t get me started on blazers.

Sorry. Maybe I need to leave/eat buttons/buy my own loudhailer to shout the truth around my city?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I bet she gets lots of challenges like we've been suggesting - "what about school uniforms?" "Not everyone has kids" "you don't need meat and it's too expensive" "my grandma would feed the whole family with the leftovers from the Sunday roast" "I buy in bulk" "not everyone can do that" "I grow chard in my garden" "some people don't have time to garden" "not everyone knows how to cook, you need to include ready meals" "not everyone loves near an ASDA" "my kid is allergic to peanuts, he might have a reaction if you include peanut butter" "I don't eat chocolate" "poor people deserve a treat"

It'll end up so cumbersome it'll be useless on an individual scale (and maybe some people will realise why the CPI is like it is).

I do have an idea she could use but I'm keeping shtum because I don't want her to nab it.

Also I did some searching online abd a couple of the red tops have done before/after pandemic prices of some items and there were some that went up, some down with the overall basket marginally cheaper... Imagine that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Can I just say when MR did his thing with the school meals he actually lobbied the pm and got results pretty much instantly.

He then worked on full time meals and has raised loads for this in need. He has remained humble throughout and carries on in his real job.

She has done nothing but talk for days, weeks, years now and yet we are all in the same boat. All she ever does is Yammer on. It's BORING. Actually get out there and sort it if that's what you wanna do.

Rant over. Going for a piss and a coffee.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
It's the work of a moment to replace lamb and champagne with sardines and kombucha, and rifle through 47 boxes of faded-to-blank receipts to forensically analyse the costings. That'll do.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I was thinking about this a lot so apologies if already covered, but the Vimes analogy does not work for her purposes. If anything, a ‘Vimes Boots Index’ would track DECREASING prices, as it’s all about how poor people are penalised in the long term for buying cheap goods (eg boots, tellies, even light bulbs) as it’s a false economy. And these goods HAVE been getting cheaper, but this absolutely has nothing to do with the rising price of food. Which again, is happening, but not in the anecdotal way she’s sharing. And the ‘squeeze’ being felt is much more to do with stagnating salaries and higher fuel prices. It has nothing to do with the cost of value rice.

A squiggle pointed it out in an earlier screenshot and JM’s response showed they didn’t understand the Vimes analogy or his point at all.

Anyway, this nonsense is truly bringing out all the lurkers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Jack's sudden rise to baffling "fame" will drive more people to Google her, bringing more people here.

She must be shiting it right now . The receipts of her nonsense are right here biding their time

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Can I just say when MR did his thing with the school meals he actually lobbied the pm and got results pretty much instantly.

He then worked on full time meals and has raised loads for this in need. He has remained humble throughout and carries on in his real job.

She has done nothing but talk for days, weeks, years now and yet we are all in the same boat. All she ever does is Yammer on. It's BORING. Actually get out there and sort it if that's what you wanna do.

Rant over. Going for a piss and a coffee.
Her claiming credit for his work is one of the most vile facets of her character. It’s truly reprehensible, especially the way she talks about him. I hate it (especially being a Man U frau (sorry) (🔺))

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
It's the work of a moment to replace lamb and champagne with sardines and kombucha, and rifle through 47 boxes of faded-to-blank receipts. That'll do.
i misread this as “ replace lamb and champagne with a sardines and kombucha trifle”🤢 maybe that could be the 2nd of the trio of recipes she promised to share this week

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Her claiming credit for his work is one of the most vile facets of her character. It’s truly reprehensible, especially the way she talks about him. I hate it (especially being a Man U frau (sorry) (🔺))
‘Might wanna tell them to get your name outta their mouths cause this ain’t it’

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
The Times has a bit on this today:

It’s true that you may not see the price rise in a can of Tesco basics baked beans reflected in official inflation rates — but a lot of calculations do go into the Office for National Statistics’s monthly figures. It analyses 180,000 prices of 720 consumer goods (that’s 250 price quotes for each item) at 140 UK locations. Non-food costs, like housing or energy, are measured using a total of 300,000 quotes a month.

Goes on to talk about how items bought less frequently are weighted accordingly ... anyway, JM will need a lot of receipts to rival this won't she ?? But I'm sure her model of walking to asda and back and retrieving stolen bits of blank paper will be just as efficient.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
it’s the same where i am - even down to dictacting which brand of trainers they need for PE (this is a state school 🤯)

her view just doesn’t extend past what immediately affects her, does it
Unless it’s the school SB goes to, it just simply doesn’t or won’t form part of her focus group, I’m afraid.

She has riled me no end this week 🥺

• Heart
I am not a Manu fan and to be honest knew little of him until then, but he has achieved so much in so little time and is so humble it's so refreshing to miss"thank you, you really love me"

He just got on with it and achieved real results within a month of starting and its ongoing.

She's not well enough to take this on the very fact everyone is including us are telling her to slow down and that she needs to back off shows that is not just because we want too see her fail. She's mentally unstable and is in recovery, ( less than a year) she needs to get her head in the game before she crashes and really harms herself.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.