Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taking it out of the mouths of literal babies, if we are to believe her drinking (expensive) formula story.
I'm not sure if this happened when Jack was pretending to drink formula but there was a formula shortage quite a few years ago after some batches in China were contaminated and so desperate parents in China started to buy from other countries including the UK. It went a bit mad and started to create panic buying and inevitable shortages. Supermarkets started to limit purchases to 1 or 2 tubs max and tubs were selling on eBay for Ā£100 at one stage. So that is another reason why people should not use formula for anything other than a baby. It's a valuable food source that can be affected and limited by other factors but can and should only be used by babies. Jack does not cover herself with glory.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I have a radical idea. How about moving out of that huge bungalouse and find a 2 bed place in the same area?

I split with my ex and moved out of the 3 bed rental. I found a 2 bed flat within my budget as a parent to two. Did I love it? No. Could I afford it? Yes, just about. Anywhere more expensive would have been impossible.

Sheā€™s in that house because she can clearly afford it with money to spare yet claims she is one of ā€˜the poorā€™. Rightmove is your friend Jack, lots of 2 beds and youā€™ll have loads left over for 45p bags of rice. Twerp.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Sheā€™d never dare actually sue - thereā€™s only one side here with the receipts.

Iā€™ve just had to pop into Tesco to validate parking. Figured there might be a rush on rice, but all is well, and stock high. I do however realise this is purely anecdotal.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I know this has all been mentioned before, but Jack could save her puppy brain all the bother, it's not evil Tories or scheming millionaire supermarket owners, the big problems are supply chains, Brexit and energy costs.
Is Jack concerned about all those poor lorry drivers stuck on the M20 for hours and hours, nope, she doesn't give a flying duck as long as the money and adoration are flowing her way.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Snap @heretoreaditall2019 I should really comment after grunking.

Jack is disgusting, she did not have anything to say about lorry drivers and other crisises. 'I'm alright Jack' is her mentality, screw everything else as long as she has got what she wants.

Cupace20220123122121.png

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Catching up after my own personal chaos - yesterday ended up with me looking after my mum who had a wine induced panic attack and then Mr Slop locking himself out of our hotel room and wondering around naked and confused. The recent extreme Jackism had already made the world feel off kilter and the atmospheric chaos has been building!

Just wanted to send some love to all fellow Fraus who have been made to feel crazy, frustrated and upset over the last few days. I love these threads because you are all so clever and sensitive and insightful. We are right to feel outraged by her grifting and opportunism. Also, we love facts and we have them. JM just has sideboards and lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
So I searched her Twitter to see if she does this food price comparison exercise every year as she claims (sPoiLeR aLeRt! She hasn't.) It turned out a lot longer and more boring that I intended but I, unlike Jack, believe in showing my work so I am posting the evidence anyway. I apologise for length.

- Account: @BootstrapCook / Date Range: 5 years (unnecessary lol, there is so few tweets with these words I actually thought my Twitter was broken.) -

Word: INFLATION
April 30, 2021: ā€œlight-hearted tweet about inflationā€ (fruit salad thread)

Jan 16, 2021: price comparison tweet found! 2 pictures of garlic. Interestingly another accusation of ASDA price gougingā€¦careful now, they have lawyers too.

Word: RISING
Nothing in relation. Ironically comes up in a bean dad thread with Jack replying in agreement to someone saying ā€œfeeding your child is not contentā€ LOL.

Word: COST/S
Feb 13, 2021: piece in House Magazine. MACRO PHILANTHROPY ALERT! (What does this phrase even mean?!) Atrociously exaggerated naval gazing, 80% banging on about her pov but with added inexplicable pop at Sir Mo Farah. Calls herself unlucky rather than workshy and I lolled.

Jan 16, 2021: dead link to a piece on her website, think itā€™s potatoes.

Sep 25, 2021: used in reference to removal of Ā£20 UC. Maize snacks. Picture of what Ā£20 can buy but no comparison to what it could buy the year beforeā€¦.

Feb 26, 2021: ā€œthe total costs of all my tattoos combined is cheaper than a Mulberry handbang ā€“ got one of those with my first book royaltiesā€ HAHA she actually bought something for herself! A Mulberry bag is approx. Ā£1000+. Wow she later on claims SB doodled on it and thats why she can't post a pic of itā€¦

Word: PRICES

Iā€™m very bored at this point. Lots of hits but no food price comparison tweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
So I searched her Twitter to see if she does this food price comparison exercise every year as she claims (sPoiLeR aLeRt! She hasn't.) It turned out a lot longer and more boring that I intended but I, unlike Jack, believe in showing my work so I am posting the evidence anyway. I apologise for length.

- Account: @BootstrapCook / Date Range: 5 years (unnecessary lol, there is so few tweets with these words I actually thought my Twitter was broken.) -

Word: INFLATION
April 30, 2021: ā€œlight-hearted tweet about inflationā€ (fruit salad thread)

Jan 16, 2021: price comparison tweet found! 2 pictures of garlic. Interestingly another accusation of ASDA price gougingā€¦careful now, they have lawyers too.

Word: RISING
Nothing in relation. Ironically comes up in a bean dad thread with Jack replying in agreement to someone saying ā€œfeeding your child is not contentā€ LOL.

Word: COST/S
Feb 13, 2021: piece in House Magazine. MACRO PHILANTHROPY ALERT! (What does this phrase even mean?!) Atrociously exaggerated naval gazing, 80% banging on about her pov but with added inexplicable pop at Sir Mo Farah. Calls herself unlucky rather than workshy and I lolled.

Jan 16, 2021: dead link to a piece on her website, think itā€™s potatoes.

Sep 25, 2021: used in reference to removal of Ā£20 UC. Maize snacks. Picture of what Ā£20 can buy but no comparison to what it could buy the year beforeā€¦.

Feb 26, 2021: ā€œthe total costs of all my tattoos combined is cheaper than a Mulberry handbang ā€“ got one of those with my first book royaltiesā€ HAHA she actually bought something for herself! A Mulberry bag is approx. Ā£1000+. Wow she later on claims SB doodled on it and thats why she can't post a pic of itā€¦

Word: PRICES

Iā€™m very bored at this point. Lots of hits but no food price comparison tweets.
So no then.

Thanks for doing this. I looked at some alpacas. That is what it has come to.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
This is why I could never stick my head above the parapet and call her out on social. Everything I say here, I'd happily say to her face but jesus those flying monkeys at her circus are nasty.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Jack loves to marginalise people. She described public transport users as smelly, Aldi and Lidl are not posh enough for her plus she'd have to mix with the proles, she is racist, classist and weirdly scathing of anyone suffering from an addiction despite allegedly doing so herself. She regularly shows her contempt for people in poverty and sees herself as above them.
BiB: this exactly. I've posted this before, but this quote from one of her early interviews is telling and probably closer to her actual, unfiltered views of the people she claims to dedicate her life's work to.

Screenshot_20220123-123812_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
No one is saying there shouldn't be social mobility and bleeping good on someone who drags themselves up with really bleeping hard work - and some luck, maybe (waves!) but the issue is - JACK.WAS.NEVER.IN.POVERTY.

It's all lies for attention, probably from the start. She's clearly terrible with money, probably got herself in a minor fix because she's too much of a narc to admit when she's at fault (cue rude reply to perfectly brilliant squig comment on headline) and her family IMMEDIATELY came to the rescue the minute they found out. NOT POVERTY.

She's spent the last decade making money from cosplay. LOATHSOME.

Sorry for The Sun style shouty caps, she makes me so cross I might have to run away and go back to pretending she doesn't exist. Why isn't she cancelled yet!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
This is why I could never stick my head above the parapet and call her out on social. Everything I say here, I'd happily say to her face but jesus those flying monkeys at her circus are nasty.
I don't think it helps when it's such a one-issue twitter account - it sadly does feed into her narrative that we are obsessive trolls. Even though the points may be valid and are ones which we discuss here, twitter doesn't exactly lend itself to nuance, so it's hard to make any inroads.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Has anyone ever left here to go over there and tell the truth of her lies and nonsense?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.